Would Anderson S. Be so quick to drop his hands an act cocky with .....

jacob20

Ok as most of you know Sonnon vs Stann is Num.1 contender fight, Unless somehow it turns out really boring an sorry, Then it will be the winner of Bisping vs Mayhem Miller But that is not likely.... Anyway lets say Stann wins via (T)ko/sub an he gets the shot at the belt, Do you guys think Anderson would drop his hands like that an let Stann throw fist his way an Do you guys think it would be Stupid for Anderson to drop his hands with Stann??

I don't think Stann will get past Sonnen. If he does however, he is very well coached and I doubt he will make the same mistakes that Okami did. The way to beat Anderson is to CONSTANTLY pressure him and not let him settle into his tricks/feints... I think Stann will recognize that and give him a high pressure fight. I was surprised Okami didn't do a better job of pressuring...

Neither of them need a rematch. I like stann but the only impressive thing he's done is take out sick Leben although if he takes out sonnen i would be pretty impressed but he still wouldn't deserve a title shot. and for sonnen he layed on top of a guy and got submitted while taking roids. The winner should face belfort not anderson.

no ..........ANDERSON HAS GOT YOU TO..............

You think he puts his hands down because its ****iness????

What do you think a fighter is going to do when you put your hands down?

Hes going to throw a punch...Anderson is good enough and confident enough in his ability to counter, so when that guy throws the punch , Silva can counter his strike with such accuracy to take his opponent down. Silva Lures his opponents in like bait on a fishing line then SNAPS..A fighter most often will think liek YOU , "ok hes put his hands down, time to strike" Chael didnt piss arond though, Chael didnt allow Silva to play his game , As soon as Silva did that with Chael , Chael pounced and dived on him. But Okami got sucked in bigtime. Surprising really.

The hands down thing, thats Silvas trap and at the same time, i agree, you woul dhave to be DAMN confident in your ability to be able to do that, because if a dude was as good as you and struck with more speed then Silva would be in trouble but Silva dances around for ages to find where his Opponent is at. All those things you see Silva doing, isnt ****iness, its his trap, BUT you would have to be super confident to be able to pull that off time and time again, not even GSP pisses around or any fighter pisses around with that sht.

Silva takes a massive risk doing that , but as you see he doesnt just dive in there and does it straight away, he feels his opponent out first to see IF his opponent can be lured in. I have way more disrespect for Chael now than i ever did.

Neither of them need a rematch. I like stann but the only impressive thing he's done is take out sick Leben although if he takes out sonnen i would be pretty impressed but he still wouldn't deserve a title shot. and for sonnen he layed on top of a guy and got submitted while taking roids. The winner should face belfort not anderson.

Wow you must not pay attention to anything that goes on in the UFC, Chael was not on roids he was like o.1% higher then he should of been on his testosterone because he needs testosterone replacement therapy for having, you guessed it, naturally low testosterone lol, NOT ROIDS.

Wow you must not pay attention to anything that goes on in the UFC' date=' Chael was not on roids he was like o.1% higher then he should of been on his testosterone because he needs testosterone replacement therapy for having, you guessed it, naturally low testosterone lol, NOT ROIDS.[/quote']

Another one who believes his BS.

Its actually for having teeny tiny eency weency little balls. Well thats the BS that Fail is giving.

He was not 0.1%over.

I guess some MMA fans really are that dumb

Another one who believes his BS.

Its actually for having teeny tiny eency weency little balls. Well thats the BS that Fail is giving.

He was not 0.1%over.

I guess some MMA fans really are that dumb

guy, it was not only him that said it, find the article online, that has nothing to do with Roids, its testosterone, if you actually educated yourself about this stuff instead of just hating on a fighter for being a mass troll you would know.

guy' date=' it was not only him that said it, find the article online, that has nothing to do with Roids, its testosterone, if you actually educated yourself about this stuff instead of just hating on a fighter for being a mass troll you would know.[/quote']

I never mentioned roids, did I?

it was TRT and it was way over the prescribed amount. If you have the article online please post it here. Im hoping you arent copying and pasting from chaelsonnen.com

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnens-Suspension-Reduced-28540

It doesnt mention being "0.1%) over but it explains the situation that he was not taking performance enhancing drugs and **** to gain a competitive edge and that even though the ratio was higher then it was supposed to be he was in the range of normal adult males. So for that other dude to say that he sucks even on roids is just trolling since he was not on roids and for your comment about me being a **** MMA fan, well I don't see how educating myself and reading articles on what goes on in the MMA world would make me a **** MMA fan

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnens-Suspension-Reduced-28540

It doesnt mention being "0.1%) over but it explains the situation that he was not taking performance enhancing drugs and **** to gain a competitive edge and that even though the ratio was higher then it was supposed to be he was in the range of normal adult males. So for that other dude to say that he sucks even on roids is just trolling since he was not on roids and for your comment about me being a **** MMA fan' date=' well I don't see how educating myself and reading articles on what goes on in the MMA world would make me a **** MMA fan[/quote']

The commission said he was WAAY over the noraml mount. you also make claims that you dont back up. like the 0.1%

case closed

The commission said he was WAAY over the noraml mount. you also make claims that you dont back up. like the 0.1%

case closed

well the article kinda contradicts itself it says "His test ratio was 16.9:1, where the normal threshold ratio is 4:1. However, the CSAC did cite that, while Sonnen?s test results of the ratio itself were high, his actual range of testosterone was within the normal levels for adult males."

Take that for whatever you want idc your opinion means nothing lol

Wow you must not pay attention to anything that goes on in the UFC' date=' Chael was not on roids he was like o.1% higher then he should of been on his testosterone because he needs testosterone replacement therapy for having, you guessed it, naturally low testosterone lol, NOT ROIDS.[/quote']

People who have roided in the past and now are trying to regain normal levels of testosterone are using TRT. Notice how most of them are primarily wrestlers (RUH ROH).

People who have roided in the past and now are trying to regain normal levels of testosterone are using TRT. Notice how most of them are primarily wrestlers (RUH ROH).

True but thats not the case with everyone, theirs allot of adults in their mid 30s that have low T and have never taken roids or any supplements. You are right though Low T is an effect of using roids in the past

He dropped his hands on Belfort and Belfort actually hit him. I think it is his trap, and I would try to leg kick him if he did that to me. I will have to see more from Brian Stann before I can say he is a threat to Silva, but he sure is looking good. I have always thought someone with a Chuck Liddell esq fighting style with good wrestling and good striking, and counter striking would be the most exciting threat for Silva.

Stann isn't nearly as good as he's cracked up to be.

I dont think Stann is cracked up to be anything i think he's actually pretty underrated and i like his wrestling ability and how his hands have really improved i think he might shock quite a few people and come away with a win against Sonnen and i beleive if he did get a shot at Silva i think he'd lose but really come to fight unlike his last few opponents... Marines just dont go into anything scared!

no ..........ANDERSON HAS GOT YOU TO..............

You think he puts his hands down because its ****iness????

What do you think a fighter is going to do when you put your hands down?

Hes going to throw a punch...Anderson is good enough and confident enough in his ability to counter' date=' so when that guy throws the punch , Silva can counter his strike with such accuracy to take his opponent down. Silva Lures his opponents in like bait on a fishing line then SNAPS..A fighter most often will think liek YOU , "ok hes put his hands down, time to strike" Chael didnt piss arond though, Chael didnt allow Silva to play his game , As soon as Silva did that with Chael , Chael pounced and dived on him. But Okami got sucked in bigtime. Surprising really.

The hands down thing, thats Silvas trap and at the same time, i agree, you woul dhave to be DAMN confident in your ability to be able to do that, because if a dude was as good as you and struck with more speed then Silva would be in trouble but Silva dances around for ages to find where his Opponent is at. All those things you see Silva doing, isnt ****iness, its his trap, BUT you would have to be super confident to be able to pull that off time and time again, not even GSP pisses around or any fighter pisses around with that sht.

Silva takes a massive risk doing that , but as you see he doesnt just dive in there and does it straight away, he feels his opponent out first to see IF his opponent can be lured in. I have way more disrespect for Chael now than i ever did.[/quote']

Good post. He tried that with Belfort but got tagged right away. He gave a little smile like "Ok, can?t do that s*** with you, let?s try something else". His hands down -technique is designed to make the opponent try to punch his head, so he knows exactly where the hit is going to go and how. He uses his reach advantage to counter as soon as the opponent starts to move to strike. They have to reach out which makes it hard to defend the counter. He has an unbelievable timing and reaction time... I have a thread elsewhere pondering about the possibilities to counter Silva?s "web". Go check that out ;)

i am not a Silva fan but you have to realize that Silva does not come out in the first round or 10 seconds of a fight with his hands down. He does this closer to the second and later rounds of a fight because he has judged his distance and angles as well as his opponents tendencies and patterns. He collects a lot of information about his opponent before he drops his hands and uses his head movement and counter striking. someone may make him pay for it eventually though.

Ok as most of you know Sonnon vs Stann is Num.1 contender fight' date=' Unless somehow it turns out really boring an sorry, Then it will be the winner of Bisping vs Mayhem Miller But that is not likely.... Anyway lets say Stann wins via (T)ko/sub an he gets the shot at the belt, Do you guys think Anderson would drop his hands like that an let Stann throw fist his way an Do you guys think it would be Stupid for Anderson to drop his hands with Stann??[/quote']

Do you really think Anderson drops his hands just because he's being ****y?

Archived