Ross Pearson is a ****ing bulldog!

Decision_G

He exposed some of Barboza's weakness's. Not once did he back up. He was all up in Barboza's face the whole fight, GREAT fight...That, and the commentary wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Not as bad as Machida/Shogun I.

Both of them are great fighter's, great display of striking, but honestly, Pearson should've gotten the nod. The only thing that I can criticize about Pearson's performance is that he has NO KO power. He was tagging Barboza repeatedly but man, he has NO power at all. His kickboxing is the **** but he lacks the power to finish his opponent. He's like the striking version of grinding somebody out...

Barboza got exposed to a degree. He's the type of fighter that likes to do the stalking, choose his shots, and be the guy that's pressuring you. The times that Barboza did good, was when he was standing in the pocket and exchanging and NOT backing up. The only weakness that he showed in this fight was when he backed up... He's not so good at doing that, he's not like Lyoto Machida. He has great striking defense (Cover-up) but his counter-striking can use some work. And he can be more aggressive. If your going to fight Barboza don't fight him from mid-range to long-range, that is where he really excels in the striking department. But when your up close and personal with him, you can tag him and he's not so comfortable fighting there. Once again he showed great TDD but he can use some more work on controlled aggression. That's a reason why Aldo has such great striking, he's really aggressive and he has the technique to back it up. Edson can use some work on being the aggressor, he has a MUCH more dynamic display of striking when he's the guy that's doing the hunting.

Pearson should've gotten the nod but I'm not really mad about the decision. Pearson vs Njoukuani anyone? Another sick display of striking in that match...I know, I know, Njokuani is already set to fight someone else. Now who does Barboza get? Makdessi?

So many options to choose from..

Although I'm glad that Barboza won because he's a rising prospect, can't wait until he fights again.

Kudo's to Pearson and Barboza.

I would say that Njoukuani was the one that showed Barboza's weaknesses.

Ross apparently studied that fight.

I actually had Njokuani winning that fight too. Lol. Man, if only both of those fights were 5 rounder's, holy crap.

Both Njokuani and Barboza were fighting from mid-range to long-range. Pearson just bulldogg'd him in a way and did surprisingly well.

Barboza has so much hype on him ' date=' there's a lot Lightweights that could/would outstrike him without a doubt he has a lot of work to do to live up to his praise.[/quote']

Probably outstriking him but I can't really see anybody knocking him out. His elbow defense is just so good, he has like all the defensive mechanics down. And to say outstriking him is a big line to cross too. Njokuani did great against him because he was just way faster and if not, just as technical. Pearson did good against him because he wasn't afraid to get in his face and brawl. I don't really see anybody else being able to outstrike him.

He stuff's takedowns and strikes with you. Sort of sprawl and brawl but his striking is on a really high level.

Probably outstriking him but I can't really see anybody knocking him out. His elbow defense is just so good' date=' he has like all the defensive mechanics down. And to say outstriking him is a big line to cross too. Njokuani did great against him because he was just way faster and if not, just as technical. Pearson did good against him because he wasn't afraid to get in his face and brawl. I don't really see anybody else being able to outstrike him.

He stuff's takedowns and strikes with you. Sort of sprawl and brawl but his striking is on a really high level.[/quote']

Mixed Martial Arts striking is far different than Kickboxing , Muay Thai and so on. A lot guys are far adapted and effective at striking within the Octagon it's not a big line to cross is the simple truth.

Guillard , Alvarez , Melendez , Frankie , Cerrone , BJ Penn , Pettis...and more I'd say would outstrike him and then there's plenty of guys who can get him down I'm sure and impose their will the entire time as of now.

Not taking anything away from Barboza , he's a great striker , very diverse and fast and he has great athleticism for sure. It's hard to say how good a fighters going to do because the most important element is their mind and only they know what they are capable of when it comes to that. He's very overrated right now though , even his striking is Ross and Anthony showed that for certain.

yeah i liked Pearson too, he still got outstruck and out countered though through the whole fight and couldnt really put together anything in the end. Although Pearson tried through the whole fight and kept coming and coming, Barboza pretty much dominated him. Its shame, but yeah , i agree Pearson rox, but his punches didnt land flush like Barbozas did.

Mixed Martial Arts striking is far different than Kickboxing ' date=' Muay Thai and so on. A lot guys are far adapted and effective at striking within the Octagon it's not a big line to cross is the simple truth.

Guillard , Alvarez , Melendez , Frankie , Cerrone , BJ Penn , Pettis...and more I'd say would outstrike him and then there's plenty of guys who can get him down I'm sure and impose their will the entire time as of now.

Not taking anything away from Barboza , he's a great striker , very diverse and fast and he has great athleticism for sure. It's hard to say how good a fighters going to do because the most important element is their mind and only they know what they are capable of when it comes to that. He's very overrated right now though , even his striking is Ross and Anthony showed that for certain.[/quote']

Who was talking about specific Muay Thai striking and MMA striking? Lol...It's a big line to cross to OUTSTRIKE Barboza if you are fighting him, nobody said anything about Muay Thai and all of that other spectacular jazz. I seriously thought you had ADHD for a second..Bringing in things that had no related material whatsoever to the discussion.

I can probably see it happening with all of those fighter's but I highly doubt it, and if they all fought Barboza, hell, I'll have Barboza on about 80% of those match-ups. Of course, he got exposed to a degree in both fights, I never said he didn;t, and I'm not even hugging his nuts, just being real..LOL.

His striking is really good, especially when he's covering up, he just needs to be more aggressive. How is he overrated? I just don't get it.

yeah i liked Pearson too' date=' he still got outstruck and out countered though through the whole fight and couldnt really put together anything in the end. Although Pearson tried through the whole fight and kept coming and coming, Barboza pretty much dominated him. Its shame, but yeah , i agree Pearson rox, but his punches didnt land flush like Barbozas did.[/quote']

I don't know what fight you were watching but their was no domination of any kind..It was a really close fight and Pearson should've gotten the nod, but hey, I'm not mad about the decision.

with all do respect' date=' you need to watch the fight again. Turn off the commentry.

You'll see that ross easily won round 1 and picked up round 3 too. It was a shocking decision.[/quote']

Agreed, it was close with the commentary but I bet it was closer without it.

Cerrone vs Barboza ' date=' so every can watch Barboza get outstruck and (T)KOed.

Pearson vs John Makdessi![/quote']

Both great fights. Especially my guy Cowboy fighting Barboza..Just feel that Barboza might have more power and his technique is cleaner, yet, I wouldn't be surprised if a submission L ends up being the thorn on Barboza's record.

Both great fights. Especially my guy Cowboy fighting Barboza..Just feel that Barboza might have more power and his technique is cleaner' date=' yet, I wouldn't be surprised if a submission L ends up being the thorn on Barboza's record.[/quote']

You are going to get a rude awakening from this kids striking if him being outstruck decisively by Pearson the entire first round and having a competitive and controversial other 2 rounds to win a decision that only took place on the feet and him arguably getting outstruck by Anthony Njukuani wasn't enough already. You must see things through Kenny Florians urethra's view :)

You are going to get a rude awakening from this kids striking if him being outstruck decisively by Pearson the entire first round and having a competitive and controversial other 2 rounds to win a decision that only took place on the feet and him arguably getting outstruck by Anthony Njukuani wasn't enough already. You must see things through Kenny Florians urethra's view :)

Lol, what are you talking about? He should've lost against Njokuani but that kick saved him. Pearson should've gotten the nod but I'm not mad about the decision.

What dontcha get? Personally, Njokuani is the better striker between the two, even though he lost, in which he should've won, he displayed that his stand-up was superior to Barboza.

Archived