Rio best crowd of all time

King_Can

Dana white thinks so.

seems to me all they did was take fighters hats and Boo every non brazilian.

yeah it probably did seem that way for you, you were watching it on a tv screen lol.

you cant tell how loud they really were or what they were doing in the stands unless if you were actually there...

They were awesome! Aside from them booing pretty much any non-Brazilian (which was to be expected) they were great. I really loved their chants and the energy, you could really feel the energy from the crowd.The chants sounded like old school war chants or something it was awesome. I would have loved to been there live.

It annoyed me how they went crazy every time a Brazilian fighter landed anything and were completely silent whenever a non-Brazilian got caught. It made the Barboza/Pearson fight look one sided when in reality it was close.

Its a home crowd people. first time in Brasil in years with a stacked brasilian card,

What did you expect them to do boo the brasilian.

do you cheer for your favourite football team or boo them???

It annoyed me how they went crazy every time a Brazilian fighter landed anything and were completely silent whenever a non-Brazilian got caught. It made the Barboza/Pearson fight look one sided when in reality it was close.

You know what annoyed me...when GSP and Koscheck got fight of the night in Canada via crowd voting.

Not only did they ruin a perfectly cool concept, but they chose the most boring fight on the card.

Brazil was a breath of fresh air...you guys are honestly mad they went nuts when a countryman won or landed a big shot? That makes no sense what so ever. Some of you guys must not get out much.

Its a home crowd people. first time in Brasil in years with a stacked brasilian card' date='

What did you expect them to do boo the brasilian.

do you cheer for your favourite football team or boo them???[/quote']

Exactly, there's a lot of people here that doesn't realize that they are cheering for their people, country! I'm from Brasil, but been living in the USA since 2000, the crowd to me did a beautiful show, it sucks when you don't understand what they are saying, but you shouldn't say they were disrespectful.

You didn't hear the chants and excitement in the crowd? That crowd was awesome. 80% of the time it sounded like I was watching the movie 300.

I can't imagine what it was like actually being there.

man, I can tell you this.. when Paulo Thiago comes in with BOPE song (kind of brazilian special police force) the crowd was crazy!! everbody was singing together.. awesome!!!

when big nog KO`d Shaub there were some people crying in the crowd!! crazy moment too... really nice to be there!! great experience, hope the UFC comes back to Brazil more often... they already saying about an event next year in Manaus for 100.000 people..

You know what annoyed me...when GSP and Koscheck got fight of the night in Canada via crowd voting.

Not only did they ruin a perfectly cool concept' date=' but they chose the most boring fight on the card.

Brazil was a breath of fresh air...you guys are honestly mad they went nuts when a countryman won or landed a big shot? That makes no sense what so ever. Some of you guys must not get out much.[/quote']

Agreed i thought the crowd was fine even if a little too zealous for thier own fighters which lets be honest is to be expected and the canucks voting on the GSP Kos fight also annoyed me.

That crowd was electric.

Not only did they ruin a perfectly cool concept' date=' but they chose the most boring fight on the card.

[/quote']That ****ed me off big time. How the **** people could vote that fight of the night without hanging off GSP's nuts i'll never know

Dana white thinks so.

seems to me all they did was take fighters hats and Boo every non brazilian.

Agreed. I heard booing at the weigh-ins too for all non-brazillians.

It just shows the level of class and biasness.

It is a different perspective though. I will say, I live in (EDIT: a diverse country") and I'm used to a certain level of diversity. Not every country has this cultural advantage.

I like good fighters with good attitudes.

I will say this:

I noticed on the UFC homepage last month or so, there was a poll for what upset was most likely and it showed a map of the votes.

All of the votes in Brazil were for Akiyama upsetting Vitor. I was astonished... do they not like him there?

I thought Vitor was KOing Okiyama in 1 or 2... should have put my money where my mouth was.

I think alot of people just don't understand brazilians.

1. They have intense national pride ( just like alot of other countries )

2. It was thier first event in a long time ofcourse they were a little crazy

3. While alot of people think booing is disrepectful i don't think they were

doing it as a form of disrespect it was more like a booo hahah your gonna lose

were getting in your head....Go Brazil!!!

Booing before a fight is all in good fun. Booing after is sour grapes.

I think people are just butthurt for some reason. Let the brazilians have thier fun.

man' date=' I can tell you this.. when Paulo Thiago comes in with BOPE song (kind of brazilian special police force) the crowd was crazy!! everbody was singing together.. awesome!!!

his entrance was awesome. not sure why the suprise reactions of the brazilians, just like if a event came to your state/country, your going to cheer/boo your fight picks as well. I respect the event in Rio, bc the place seem packed and loud from the first undercard fight, they appreciate the opportunity of ufc going there. Never in vegas is the crowd their for the undercards..

Brazil was a breath of fresh air...you guys are honestly mad they went nuts when a countryman won or landed a big shot? That makes no sense what so ever. Some of you guys must not get out much.[/quote']

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that the only people in the world with the Internet are Canadians. Oh wait, they aren't, so if you didn't think it was fight of the night, then you should have voted for someone else. ****

Mostly everyone that did not like the crowd seem to be from the US.. might it be just some sore feelings, because all the americans lost, that is now being directed at the crowd?

The crowd was awsome.. They cheered like crazy and the stomping sound was insane! I also did not hear many boo's except when some of the brazillians was in trouble..

Oh I'm sorry' date=' I forgot that the only people in the world with the Internet are Canadians. Oh wait, they aren't, so if you didn't think it was fight of the night, then you should have voted for someone else. ****[/quote']

TRUE, however I didn't get home in time and don't have a smart phone.

The nutuggers ruined it, Even Dana said thats the last time we do that at an event because of the ****, come on...we all know who voted for that sh^t fight.

If you thought that was fight of the night then you would have busted a nut and half if you watched RIO. Every undercard fight was insanely better than any of GSP's fights in the last 5 years.

There were so many KO / fight of the nights it was hard to even pick a top contender.

Mostly everyone that did not like the crowd seem to be from the US.. might it be just some sore feelings' date=' because all the americans lost, that is now being directed at the crowd?

The crowd was awsome.. They cheered like crazy and the stomping sound was insane! I also did not hear many boo's except when some of the brazillians was in trouble..[/quote']

Actually...since I'm American I'll tell you first hand I've never seen the bar we went to so packed and pumped.

A lot more people were rooting for Shogun and Big Nog than Gump / Slob. When they Ko'ed their counterparts the bar exploded in cheers (over 150 people +) Nobody said anything negative about the crowd...in fact a lot of people were impressed with the crowd, even my gf picked that part out and she barley watches these things.

So no, the only Americans getting butt hurt either don't get out much, don't go to other sporting events that have rival teams, or just want to cry about something.

THIS ISN'T GOLF

Actually...since I'm American I'll tell you first hand I've never seen the bar we went to so packed and pumped.

A lot more people were rooting for Shogun and Big Nog than Gump / Slob. When they Ko'ed their counterparts the bar exploded in cheers (over 150 people +) Nobody said anything negative about the crowd...in fact a lot of people were impressed with the crowd' date=' even my gf picked that part out and she barley watches these things.

So no, the only Americans getting butt hurt either don't get out much, don't go to other sporting events that have rival teams, or just want to cry about something.

[b']THIS ISN'T GOLF[/b]

I agree with you, I think Big Nog has much more fans in US than Shaub, and Shogun and Forrest are kind of even...

Of course in Brazil the most part of the crowd was rooting for home countrie fighters.. the only way you can change that is puting a great performance, and I can guarantee everybody will respect more Ross Pearson after that card.. I bet if he come back to Brazil and fight some other fighter apart from a big brazilian name, the crowd will be by his side..

EDIT: Dan Miller also, didn`t give up.. also deserve respect..

My take watch N from home...the hat grabbing! Me no like! Disrespectful & potentially dangerous moment for fighters as a stupid drunk or crazed fan could do something for attention.....

HEAR ME UFC. FIX THIS PRObLEM b4 SOMETHING HAPPEnS!!

MAKE THE FIGHTERS A WIDER ISLE SO THEY R OUT OF REACH FROM "FANS"...................please.:)

Mostly everyone that did not like the crowd seem to be from the US.. might it be just some sore feelings' date=' because all the americans lost, that is now being directed at the crowd?

The crowd was awsome.. They cheered like crazy and the stomping sound was insane! I also did not hear many boo's except when some of the brazillians was in trouble..[/quote']

Haha and the only Canadian on the card won his fight. :)

Archived