Anyone noticed that Silva pretend to very slow?

sam_thetrumen

I find nobody talking about this, which surprised me. I just hope Anderson will forgive me for disclosing his strategy.

I saw Anderson throwed some punches that is just unlikely to hurt Okami, eg,the overhand right and some other straight hand which is very slow. I mean Anderson is not serious when he is doing this, he just want his opponents to know he strikes not fast enough to catch them, so that his opponent will think it is safe to attack anderson.

Obviously, Okami is not smart enough to relize it. He throw many straight hands and jab to anderson, which not only tell anderson his striking distance and rhythm but also give anderson a chance to counter him.

Anderson start to do this kind of acting since sonnen fight, he looks very sluggish in that fight, not just because of the broken rib, but also he want to lure sonneon to attack him.

Why Anderson adopt this kind of strategy, because he don't want to be criticized like what the fans did after UFC 112.

You have just learned one of the thousands of strategies of fighting MMA. "Make them think you are weak when you are strong". Here is one of the newest strategies in MMA and every other competition in the world. SAY you are weak when you are strong. If you come in the competition saying you have a broke rib, pulled hammy, a cold and then you still win your competition whatever it may be (singing, dancing, mma). Then not only will you be granted a certain amount of leniancy for being slow or off, but you will be called a hero for winning with your fake condition.

No one has mentioned this because its not really much of a secret. One of the commentators (can't remember who) kind of mentioned the fact Silva wasn't doing much, just luring his opponent into his game. That's his bread and butter, making opponents fight down to his level, forgetting the game plan they probably worked on for 3 months. The whole first round was a bluff, and Okami fell for it. It's not a bad trait because what they are there to do is win. It might seem ****y, but it's efficient. Only thing I can say is I lost all respect for silva at the middle eastern fight against Damian. I know he is tired of the UFC throwing fights at him that he knows he'll win. But he forgot about the people that support him and makes him famous. I was pissed I paid to see him act like an azz. But I'm giving him a chance and he seems different since Dana put a boot up his azz letting him know he'd drop him in a second if he pulled that again. The UFC doesn't need him, he needs them though.

No one has mentioned this because its not really much of a secret. One of the commentators (can't remember who) kind of mentioned the fact Silva wasn't doing much' date=' just luring his opponent into his game. That's his bread and butter, making opponents fight down to his level, forgetting the game plan they probably worked on for 3 months. The whole first round was a bluff, and Okami fell for it. It's not a bad trait because what they are there to do is win. It might seem ****y, but it's efficient. Only thing I can say is I lost all respect for silva at the middle eastern fight against Damian. I know he is tired of the UFC throwing fights at him that he knows he'll win. But he forgot about the people that support him and makes him famous. I was pissed I paid to see him act like an azz. But I'm giving him a chance and he seems different since Dana put a boot up his azz letting him know he'd drop him in a second if he pulled that again. The UFC doesn't need him, he needs them though.[/quote']

I agree, but it was only one fight. There are many situations where a fighter has a lackadaisical fight. GSP's last 5 fights have been lackadaisical.

His overhand right looked out of place, but that's it. Probably something that he was training for based on something they seen. Otherwise Anderson was Anderson. Great counter jab that knocked him down once and stunned him another time, a great uppercut at one point, and whatever the hell it was that knocked him down for the finish

I agree' date=' but it was only one fight. There are many situations where a fighter has a lackadaisical fight. GSP's last 5 fights have been lackadaisical.[/quote']

And Leites makes 2. Fact is, for the last few years Silva has acted like an ******** at some point in pretty much every fight. The fact Okami acted like he had no idea what Silva was doing shows he either forgot his game plan totally or never had one to begin with.

And Leites makes 2. Fact is' date=' for the last few years Silva has acted like an ******** at some point in pretty much every fight. The fact Okami acted like he had no idea what Silva was doing shows he either forgot his game plan totally or never had one to begin with.[/quote']

2 FIGHTS? YOU DON'T SAY?! Well, that makes Anderson Silva the devil, by gosh darn it - uh yeah.

Silva is an artist, and his opponents are his canvas. He brushes here and there to fill the negative space, before creating an opening for which to finish the painting.

Okay, I really don't know. He's just a genius who looks like he knows what he's doing, and it's something you can't really put into words. He's just a striking wizard. Quite honestly, he always looks like he is sparring when he does what he did with Okami.

I find nobody talking about this, which surprised me. I just hope Anderson will forgive me for disclosing his strategy.

This strategy is not new either. The best boxers have used it every now and then: throwing

telegraphed punches, moving with slow footwork, commiting to a strike then it is a feint,

sticking your head out so as to tell your opponent go ahead hit me. All these techniques

have been used by the best like Sugar Ray Robinson, Prince Naseem Hamed,

Muhammad Ali, and Bruce Lee.

This is what makes AS great. But AS is not that great even AS said this when AS said something to the effect that "I don't consider myself the best. I just do incredible things."

The incredible is doing well skilled, muscle memory boxing and other techniques perfectly. AS is what Royce was to the UFC in the beginning. AS is using techniques that other fighters have not focused on developing, i.e., risky, well-skilled boxing tactics along with other mma well-skilled, muscle memory learned techniques used in a strategic and deceptive manner. That is all folks.

You have just learned one of the thousands of strategies of fighting MMA. "Make them think you are weak when you are strong". Here is one of the newest strategies in MMA and every other competition in the world. SAY you are weak when you are strong. If you come in the competition saying you have a broke rib' date=' pulled hammy, a cold and then you still win your competition whatever it may be (singing, dancing, mma). Then not only will you be granted a certain amount of leniancy for being slow or off, but you will be called a hero for winning with your fake condition.[/quote']

This lame perm-banned GSP fanboy troll again ?

2673183_370.jpg

Well i did notice the overhands and i thought it was weird too. My guess is he was working on doing unusual stuff as to destabilise okami. When you studied someones striking and he comes up with a different style it can be scary. Especially against silva. Most guys get in there and are on the edge already. Take away their confidence in their gameplan and they will start hesitating and feel lost. And i think it worked... okami really looked like he didnt know wtf was going on the whole fight.

No one has mentioned this because its not really much of a secret. One of the commentators (can't remember who) kind of mentioned the fact Silva wasn't doing much' date=' just luring his opponent into his game. That's his bread and butter, making opponents fight down to his level, forgetting the game plan they probably worked on for 3 months. The whole first round was a bluff, and Okami fell for it. It's not a bad trait because what they are there to do is win. It might seem ****y, but it's efficient. Only thing I can say is I lost all respect for silva at the middle eastern fight against Damian. I know he is tired of the UFC throwing fights at him that he knows he'll win. But he forgot about the people that support him and makes him famous. I was pissed I paid to see him act like an azz. But I'm giving him a chance and he seems different since Dana put a boot up his azz letting him know he'd drop him in a second if he pulled that again. The UFC doesn't need him, he needs them though.[/quote']

Silva could dance around again and he wouldn't get cut...You think Dana has the balls to cut the P4P fighter?

His overhand right looked out of place' date=' but that's it. Probably something that he was training for based on something they seen. Otherwise Anderson was Anderson. Great counter jab that knocked him down once and stunned him another time, a great uppercut at one point, and [b']whatever the hell it was that knocked him down for the finish[/b]

At first he threw a right lead hand. It was almost like a combination between a stiff jab and what some in boxing call a hookercut.

It hurt Okami threw him off balance and lead him right into a left overhand. Looked like the the right hand did the damage and the left finished knocking him down.

What was brilliant is Andy was in an orthadox stance he then kicked and stitched his stance and Okami didn't even realise how much ground he gained by it and by the time he did Anderson was already throwing that right which perfectly set up the left.

As for Andersons boxing style i'd say he has alot of similarities with Roy Jones Jr. I can remember back in pride he even used to call himself the Roy Jones of mma.

im pretty sur he just doesnt like arabs

I find nobody talking about this' date=' which surprised me. I just hope Anderson will forgive me for disclosing his strategy.

I saw Anderson throwed some punches that is just unlikely to hurt Okami, eg,the overhand right and some other straight hand which is very slow. I mean Anderson is not serious when he is doing this, he just want his opponents to know he strikes not fast enough to catch them, so that his opponent will think it is safe to attack anderson.

Obviously, Okami is not smart enough to relize it. He throw many straight hands and jab to anderson, which not only tell anderson his striking distance and rhythm but also give anderson a chance to counter him.

Anderson start to do this kind of acting since sonnen fight, he looks very sluggish in that fight, not just because of the broken rib, but also he want to lure sonneon to attack him.

Why Anderson adopt this kind of strategy, because he don't want to be criticized like what the fans did after UFC 112.[/quote']

Anderson Silva has mastered different dimensions , he knows how to abuse wormholes and has obtained the ability of space travel......He doesn't even need to be fast , he's not a man like the rest of you he's a SPACEMAN.

Roy "Superman" Jones Jr. The Life of Roy. Check out his super fast speed on the speed

bag. Whoa' date=' just super fast awesome. Speed kills power as they say in boxing, check it

out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-WcqfBgXSc&feature=related[/quote']

Here's the Life of Roy Part 2' date=' cool stuff parallels to fishing and boxing, training camp environment, etc.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtY4Lod2Oa4&feature=related[/quote']

Roy Jones Jr. in the sweet science' date=' a documentary:

[/quote']

Somebodys a Roy Jones Junior fan..... ;)

Archived