Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

shinsplint

double KO or a draw...and anyways this fight wont happen because jones has like 3 contenders (rampage' date='rashad,machida,) to fight still if he beats rampage,still 2 contenders to fight,then will move up to HW[/quote']

A double KO would be grand...

What if Quinton beats Jon... Could he fight Silva then ?

Standing, nobody, and i mean nobody can beat anderson silva in mma. On the ground the skill difference is reduced, however he is still superior. One needs to get him to the ground, and that's not easy to do. It's obvious the path to success is wrestling, and Jon Jones is one of the best at it at 205lbs. I don't think Jon could finish him, but he would beat him up worse then he did shogun imo.

IMO Rashad would give him a run for his money as well, but would probably get tko'd eventually anyway.

Standing' date=' nobody, and i mean nobody can beat anderson silva in mma. On the ground the skill difference is reduced, however he is still superior. One needs to get him to the ground, and that's not easy to do. It's obvious the path to success is wrestling, and Jon Jones is one of the best at it at 205lbs. I don't think Jon could finish him, but he would beat him up worse then he did shogun imo.

IMO Rashad would give him a run for his money as well, but would probably get tko'd eventually anyway.[/quote']

Jones takes Silva down, he could do some damage from guard to Anderson.

Combo's of elbows & punches...

Though I like Silva and Jones equally. I think Jones would choose not to stand with Silva and take him down. Then he'd do some vicious ground and pound the way Chael dreams of doing....only Jones will have twice the aggression and twice the power.

But they don't call Silva "the Spider" for nothing. We all know he's a BJJ blackbelt and could submit most everyone off his back. If it stayed on the feet, I could see Silva finding the range there eventually.

This fight is too close to call. I still want to see more Jon Jones, even though I still believe him to be the most determined fighter with the least amount of troubles.

So seeing as there is plenty of chat about who will win & why

I thought I'd see what your thoughts are.

Who wins & why ?

two_pretty_asian_girls.jpg

Poll coming.

To be honest I want to see this fight. I don't care who wins.... But what I wanna know is where those 2 in the picture are from. I am going on days off and that looks like too much fun.....

Though I like Silva and Jones equally. I think Jones would choose not to stand with Silva and take him down. Then he'd do some vicious ground and pound the way Chael dreams of doing....only Jones will have twice the aggression and twice the power.

But they don't call Silva "the Spider" for nothing. We all know he's a BJJ blackbelt and could submit most everyone off his back. If it stayed on the feet' date=' I could see Silva finding the range there eventually.

This fight is too close to call. I still want to see more Jon Jones, even though I still believe him to be the most determined fighter with the least amount of troubles.[/quote']

I think Jones could stand with Silva til he thought the time was rite for him to shoot for a TD... Just look at what Jones did to Rua on the feet... & even though Rua was not on his game that day, his striking is still savage & Jones made him look 2nd rate...

Jones is the new breed as much as I loathe him... I think he could hurt Anderson on the mat from guard with elbows also.

Jones has not shown the kind of speed Anderson processes. I think Anderson can stay on the outside and destroy at range. Jones is great but he cannot beat Anderson standing and i don't think he can rag doll Anderson in the clinch. Anderson is too good.

I actually think Rashad is a tougher match up for Anderson because he combines speed with explosive takedowns. That is what i think is needed for Anderson.

Jones has not shown the kind of speed Anderson processes. I think Anderson can stay on the outside and destroy at range. Jones is great but he cannot beat Anderson standing and i don't think he can rag doll Anderson in the clinch. Anderson is too good.

I actually think Rashad is a tougher match up for Anderson because he combines speed with explosive takedowns. That is what i think is needed for Anderson.

Not sure Rashad would have the chin for Silva though, could end up like the Machida fight.

Jones has the best chance out of anyone of actually giving Andy a beatdown.

I don't think Andy can stop his takedowns and Jones won't stand with him long at all but i do think Silva can wheather the storm and Jones will gas if he's not effective. Atleast enough for Andy to take over later in the fight.

To the people saying Rashad sorry no he would get Machida'd but even worse. He'd have two stanky legs at once. He's fast but not enough reach and not fast enough. I don't think he would hurt him on the ground either and eventually he'll make a mistake standing, pay for it and Silva won't let him recover.

I don't know but this would be a DAMN SICK FIGHT! ... and Dana White should know this. There's NO ONE good enough in the MWD able to defeat A SILVA. Actually okami vs A. Silva was a ridiculous matchup, we all knew what was going to happen.

SO.... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

I think Silva would KO Bones in the Second round, he is simply the best! This is what happens Bones tries to go for that spinning back fist and while this is happening SIlva in his mind is thinking who does this clown think he is ME, when Bones is completing the spin BAM Silva lands a massing haymaker and Bones is done!

He'll find a way to get that submission and make Jones tap. The experience factor will absolutely play into this fight.

If jones destroys him early it won't matter and he can do it.

I do feel if Anderson can wheather the storm, make him gas a little he'll KO/TKO him on the feet eventually.

I don't think Andy will submit him especially as Jones continues to get better.

If Jon Jones actually committed to fighting Silva and didn't stand there scared he would pose some huge problems. His reach, his unorthodox striking, his strength, his brutal ground and pound etc. I have no doubt Jones could sling Silva down, and unlike Sonnen a he could actually finish via brutal elbows.

This fight comes way too early for Jon Jones. And by the time he really hits his prime, Silva will probably be close to retirement if not already retired. As of right now, Silva takes it 9 times if not 10 times out of 10. If it were in a few years, it may be a different story. I'm still interested to see how he reacts to such things as getting hurt/ rocked/ dropped, not being able to secure a TD, losing either standup exchanges or grappling, just the fight not going his way in general. We have seen Silva look like he was losing the fight (Sonnen, Lutter) and finish the fight. Jones has never been in that spot, and for all we know he could turtle up if he gets hurt. If Jones gets past Rampage, Machida, Evans, and a Shogun rematch (yes it was a one sided beatdown, but let's see if a fresher Shogun makes a difference) let's give him Silva. But if Silva KO'd him, all the Silva haters would discredit his win and say Jones was overrated, he faced lesser competition, blah, blah, blah.

Archived