Big Nog vs. Schaub thoughts (WARNING: Includes Pro Wrestling reference)

Ashdude26

Just thought I?d make a thread about the whole Brendan Schaub against these legends scenario and how it reminds me of back when I watched the WWE and they had a storyline going of a young Randy Orton being billed as this legend killer and how he would go around defeating all these legends of the business, until then came along a returning Mick Foley who was old and seen his best days, coming back to take on Orton and really taking it to him (although overall Orton did end up besting him).

This just reminded of Brendan Schaub who is a young up and comer like Orton and had defeated these legends (Gonzaga & Cro Cop) and was being called a legend killer. Then he calls out another legend and one of the greatest HWs of all time Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira who like Foley is known as this guy who would take extreme amounts of punishment and still find a way to win and who also by this point had seen his best days. He was returning from injuries and had been going downhill but said he was now 100% (Like Foley did even returning to his Cactus Jack image)

So the scene was set it was the young legend killer of Brendan Schaub and the legend Minotauro Nogueira who was fighting in front of a home crowd with his back to the wall, trying to prove that this old dog still has some bite in him and Schaub looking to add another big name to his resume, and well you all know the rest. Nog ends up taking a couple of shots from the younger, faster Schaub until delivering one of his own which followed by a couple more punches sent Schaub into a state of unconsciousness what was one the best moments I?ve ever witnessed.

Anyway just thought I?d make the comparison, as it just seemed to really remind me of that storyline from watching it when I was younger. Also don?t start the whole Pro Wrestling is fake and MMA is real so they should never be spoken in the same sentence thing I was just making a comparison between the two as I thought it was interesting.

Hallo....seems very odd to compare Minitauro with Mick Foley.

One is dedicated to actual fighting while the other was dedicated to being a super clown....just say'n.

Thats why I compared the fact that they are both known for taking a lot of punishment and nothing more...

Just thought I?d make a thread about the whole Brendan Schaub against these legends scenario and how it reminds me of back when I watched the WWE and they had a storyline going of a young Randy Orton being billed as this legend killer and how he would go around defeating all these legends of the business' date=' until then came along a returning Mick Foley who was old and seen his best days, coming back to take on Orton and really taking it to him (although overall Orton did end up besting him).

This just reminded of Brendan Schaub who is a young up and comer like Orton and had defeated these legends (Gonzaga & Cro Cop) and was being called a legend killer. Then he calls out another legend and one of the greatest HWs of all time Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira who like Foley is known as this guy who would take extreme amounts of punishment and still find a way to win and who also by this point had seen his best days. He was returning from injuries and had been going downhill but said he was now 100% (Like Foley did even returning to his Cactus Jack image)

So the scene was set it was the young legend killer of Brendan Schaub and the legend Minotauro Nogueira who was fighting in front of a home crowd with his back to the wall, trying to prove that this old dog still has some bite in him and Schaub looking to add another big name to his resume, and well you all know the rest. Nog ends up taking a couple of shots from the younger, faster Schaub until delivering one of his own which followed by a couple more punches sent Schaub into a state of unconsciousness what was one the best moments I?ve ever witnessed.

Anyway just thought I?d make the comparison, as it just seemed to really remind me of that storyline from watching it when I was younger. Also don?t start the whole Pro Wrestling is fake and MMA is real so they should never be spoken in the same sentence thing I was just making a comparison between the two as I thought it was interesting.[/quote']

Im from England so I certainly dont know of these wrestling org's and characters you speak of. However, I'll ****ing tell you this ....He was an arrogant, over-hyped, over-rated ****y NFL player who, in a fight set up for him by the UFC to win and look good against a legend with a view to elevating his status($$$$WISE), ...... got KTFO. Good luck ever getting him a title fight now *****es.:eek:

Archived