Would you want to see Lesnar vs Carwin 2 for 1st event on Fox?

Brady969

He obviously isn't 10x the fighter if he lost.

That's an incredibly simplistic view to take. Sometimes the lesser fighter wins due to circumstance. Another few seconds on the clock, another ref, a more patient attack...it so easily could have ended in the first round. Carwin made one mistake and it cost him the 'W' but even in defeat his dominance in the first round more than showed who the superior fighter is.

That's an incredibly simplistic view to take. Sometimes the lesser fighter wins due to circumstance. Another few seconds on the clock' date=' another ref, a more patient attack...it so easily could have ended in the first round. Carwin made one mistake and it cost him the 'W' but even in defeat his dominance in the first round more than showed who the superior fighter is.[/quote']

Brock looked superior when he locked in an Arm Triangle. But some MMA fans value other things more. I also beleive that Anderson Silva is a better fighter then Chael Sonnen.

That's an incredibly simplistic view to take. Sometimes the lesser fighter wins due to circumstance. Another few seconds on the clock' date=' another ref, a more patient attack...it so easily could have ended in the first round. Carwin made one mistake and it cost him the 'W' but even in defeat his dominance in the first round more than showed who the superior fighter is.[/quote']

Brock won, he was the better fighter. You can't just take away Carwin's mistakes and say if he did this and didn't do that he would of won because he made the choices..

Brock won' date=' he was the better fighter. You can't just take away Carwin's mistakes and say if he did this and didn't do that he would of won because he made the choices..[/quote']

He punched himself out doing what 99 times out of a 100 would have been enough to earn a stoppage. Bork was extremely fortunate and stated that he was in la la land by the time the bell rung.

Brock looked superior when he locked in an Arm Triangle. But some MMA fans value other things more. I also beleive that Anderson Silva is a better fighter then Chael Sonnen.

As do I...Sonnen never had Silva in trouble or in danger of being finished by anything other than the clock. Carwin punched himself out doing what would have earned him the stoppage 99 times out of a 100. I understand how someone could make the comparison but in reality there's little similar about the two scenarios.

He punched himself out doing what 99 times out of a 100 would have been enough to earn a stoppage. Bork was extremely fortunate and stated that he was in la la land by the time the bell rung.

It shouldn't of been a stoppage, if most of those shots were landing clean there's no way Brock would have survived, so that must mean Brock was defending a good amount of them.

Carwin should of been smart enough to not punch himself out anyway, but he wasn't.. and Brock came out the better fighter

It shouldn't of been a stoppage' date=' if most of those shots were landing clean there's no way Brock would have survived, so that must mean Brock was defending a good amount of them...[/quote']

Bork stated himself that he was f'ed and very fortunate the ref didn't stop the fight. Like I said, 99 times out of a 100 it would've been enough. Carwin blew his wad on Lesnar's face and paid for it but he's still the better fighter.

Bork stated himself that he was f'ed and very fortunate the ref didn't stop the fight. Like I said' date=' 99 times out of a 100 it would've been enough. Carwin blew his wad on Lesnar's face and paid for it but he's still the better fighter.[/quote']

Brock also said that he was completely there the whole time. You make it sound like het got KOed. Brock was pushing carwin away constantly with his feet and defend his face. A fight who isn't defending doesnt manage to push off there attacker even for a second.

Bork stated himself that he was f'ed and very fortunate the ref didn't stop the fight. Like I said' date=' 99 times out of a 100 it would've been enough. Carwin blew his wad on Lesnar's face and paid for it but he's still the better fighter.[/quote']

He also said the ref made the right decision because he was okay. It didn't need to be stopped, he was conscious and defending.

The fight didn't get stopped because Carwin's strike were innacurate and weak. It was perfect Reffing. Brock knew exactly what was going on, weathered the storm and won convincingly. Get over it.

That said, I don't want to see a rematch. It would likely be an easier win next time round for Lesnar, especially after Carwin's defeats. Carwin has lost his edge.

It shouldn't of been a stoppage' date=' if most of those shots were landing clean there's no way Brock would have survived, so that must mean Brock was defending a good amount of them.

Carwin should of been smart enough to not punch himself out anyway, but he wasn't.. and Brock came out the better fighter[/quote']

+1

If "ifs" and "buts" were cherries and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Coulda, shoulda, woulda are words losers use to make themselves feel better.

By your logic we can say ... brock is 10x the fighter carwin is. If brock hadnt made that one mistake in the first round and got caught with a punch, then carwin woulda lost in the first round instead of the second.

Not that interested in seeing this fight again' date=' fight wont happen on Fox both aren't fighting again until early 2012!!

Shogun Rua Vs Dan Henderson

Clay Guida Vs Ben Henderson

There's your Fox event right there ;)[/quote']

I'd rather see Machida/ Hendo. Either way, it would be awesome.

Not that interested in seeing this fight again' date=' fight wont happen on Fox both aren't fighting again until early 2012!!

Shogun Rua Vs Dan Henderson

Clay Guida Vs Ben Henderson

There's your Fox event right there ;)[/quote']

Clay and Ben would be interesting but Shogun couldnt fight Dan unless Dana got rid of Strikefoce.

Dude ur threads are really starting to piss me off.

I dont know what it is about this week' date=' but it seems to have brought out some of the most pointless and irrelevant threads i have seen on here for a while!

Is it boredom because there isnt much to discuss at the moment? Or just lots of newbs have joined up following 134?

DISCUSS?!

:rolleyes:

Carwin would rape Bork' date=' as will any heavyweight with decent TD defense and heavy hands.[/quote']

Im sorry, but since when does someone have THE WORST STRIKING EVER.....JUST because their striking is inferior to that of Cain or JDS's? That like sayin A Silva's BJJ is terrible because its not as good as Demian Mia's. Thats like saying you are in shape becasue your gut is smaller than Big Roy's.

Brock connected good strikes to Mir (1st time), Caught Randy, and Literally punched crazy horse across the cage. I know those guys arent known for their striking but damn...

Archived