Sign in to follow this  
Centurion480

Does anyone here do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

Does anyone here do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? And im not talking about you putting your brother in a rear naked choke. Nor does going to 1 class and learning a sweep and an armbar. That doesn't count. I mean... does anyone here actually really do brazilian jiujitsu?

If so, what belt are you and how long have you been training?

why does it have to be brazilian jj?

by the way this thread should be a different section were my thread on this is and someone elses who stole my idea.

Does anyone here do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? And im not talking about you putting your brother in a rear naked choke. Nor does going to 1 class and learning a sweep and an armbar. That doesn't count. I mean... does anyone here actually really do brazilian jiujitsu?

If so' date=' what belt are you and how long have you been training?[/quote']

Blue belt under josh russell who is a black belt under Carlos Gracie Jr. Started off doing no gi. Started doing gi jiujitsu about 2 years ago. Been doing it for about 7 years.

by the way this thread should be a different section were my thread on this is and someone elses who stole my idea.

It doesn't matter' date=' i am curious if anyone does[b'] brazilian [/b]jiujitsu.

And no, this is outside the UFC so it is in the appropriate section. Plus I don't know what thread you are referencing or why you care so much about people "stealing" your idea.

Because the other ones are usless :cool:

I have a blue belt in BJJ I did it for a few months and stopped. Doesn't interest me I prefer wrestling by a massive longshot.

Agree with the poster above, either starting sambo or catch wrestling in a few weeks.

I have a blue belt in BJJ I did it for a few months and stopped. Doesn't interest me I prefer wrestling by a massive longshot.

Agree with the poster above' date=' either starting sambo or catch wrestling in a few weeks.[/quote']

You got a blue belt in a couple months? :eek:

Agree with the poster above' date=' either starting sambo or catch wrestling in a few weeks.[/quote']

Maybe try no GI. A lot more fast paced.

You got a blue belt in a couple months? :eek:

15 years of wrestling transitions pretty well. That's why I don't really enjoy bjj training all the experiences I have had sparring would start on the knees and such.

what weight you wrestle man

Done it for 2 years, have a blue belt. Once I finish schools I will take it more seriously, I miss two much of it studying and stuff. It takes up a lot of time as well

Alright. Whats your addy again for xbox?

Antwun300, turning it on in 2 mins, whats yours? so im guessing we will be doing a player match yes? if you invite me do any weight class you like just PLEASE do not cage/clinch **** me lol

Antwun300' date=' turning it on in 2 mins, whats yours? so im guessing we will be doing a player match yes? if you invite me do any weight class you like just PLEASE do not cage/clinch **** me lol[/quote']

Alright. Ill just stand with you if you want. My username is quinnstevia.

If so' date=' what belt are you and how long have you been training?[/quote']

I have but don't really train anymore due to work schedule. I am a brown belt(although I'm sure my rustiness would say otherwise) and an Army combatives level 4(instructor certified). Have been training/fighting/messing with freinds and training partners for about 15 years now.

Alright. Ill just stand with you if you want. My username is quinnstevia.

na play how you wanna play if u wana clinch n slam thats fine jus dont clinch n stall lol , i have a headset somewhere on floor here gimme a min to find it.

Antwun300' date=' turning it on in 2 mins, whats yours? so im guessing we will be doing a player match yes? if you invite me do any weight class you like just PLEASE do not cage/clinch **** me lol[/quote']

Might be laggy since you live far away.

i got my blue belt while at the roger gracie acad but i was not a blue belt when i started there

Roger gracie gave you your advancement? What were your blue belt requirements?

Roger gracie gave you your advancement? What were your blue belt requirements?

no lol not roger gracie, he is not the only instructor there but he is there when belts are handed out, you go out infront of class and collect belt infront of all instructors, i have only ever been actually taught with roger as my instructor 10-11 times. he is usually away giving seminars

no lol not roger gracie' date=' he is not the only instructor there but he is there when belts are handed out, you go out infront of class and collect belt infront of all instructors, i have only ever been actually taught with roger as my instructor 10-11 times. he is usually away giving seminars[/quote']

What were your blue belt requirements though? I train also with the gracie barra team.

What were your blue belt requirements though? I train also with the gracie barra team.

oh i see ok well i had an exam type where it was me , 2 instructors and another guy doing the exam for blue belt.

we were asked to perform different moves not always against eachother. then we had to execute moves on eachother in a simulated real life situation.

another reason for my advancement was my loyalty to the class, i have been there a while now twice a week and i have also helped out as a teaching assistant in the kids classes which have higher numbers.

One member I know here is a brown belt and another is a 2X NAGA champ.

Wow, it's been a while since I've talked with you, Brew!

3X NAGA champ now, if it was me you were referring to.

I roll around in my underwear with my girlfriend. As far as I can tell it's pretty much the same thing.

No it's very different.

stephan_bonnar_prev.jpg

This^^ doesn't happen when rolling around with dudes. If it does i've got some bad news for you