Sign in to follow this  
Future_Champ

Dear The UFC.

The UFC HW division is so shallow it is not funny , there's no more contenders or threats for the belt after Cain and Junior fight unless it's so close they get a rematch...

You need to stop the Strikeforce HW tournament and devour their HW talent so the division becomes interesting ,competitive and respectable.

Having the addition of

Sergei Kharitonov

Antonio Silva

Alistair Overeem

Josh Barnett ( if he tests positive again , OFF WITH HIS HEAD )

Daniel Cormier

Shane Del Rosario

Would greatly improve the division and really add new contenders and threats , I think it's one of the best choices The UFC could make right now , especially choosing to display the HW division on Fox , people will look into and start to realize how awful the division is. I know it's drastic and I know we want to see the tournament fights but it takes 4 contenders and stars and makes just 1 that people will see relevant.

we still got mir vs cain or jds

nog vs brock

brock vs jds

carwin vs cain or nog

mitrione is on his way vs kongo

all fights i'd like to see

of course bringing in the SF hw roster would increase interest, especially overeem

reem vs mir,cain,jds,nog,carwin,brock

we still got mir vs cain or jds

nog vs brock

brock vs jds

carwin vs cain or nog

mitrione is on his way vs kongo

all fights i'd like to see

of course bringing in the SF hw roster would increase interest' date=' especially overeem

reem vs mir,cain,jds,nog,carwin,brock[/quote']

Mir got destroyed by Lesnar and Carwin , Cain and Junior destroyed those guys... Nog was 1 step away from retirement and now everyone pretends he's a contender. Mitrione will likely lose to Kongo...and we know Kongo isn't hunting down the belt, if Mitrione wins he's still far away from scathing the title of a threat. Roy Nelson just got his *** beat twice and Schaub was never anything but a rookie with a win over a fighter who had given up over a year ago in Gonzaga.....The UFCs HW division needs this so badly. Not to mention , Mir , Lesnar , Carwin , Nog , Mitrione , Kongo all the "contenders" are in their thirties? I think Dave Herman and Mitrione ( if he beats Kongo ) and Travis Browne, along with Mir if he really goes on a tear could be relevant to the belt soemday. Though right now Mir just wins by default because everyone is a little worse besides Carwin and Lesnar who have been brutally derailed and exposed.

Also...everyone was saying Nog needed to retire...now he beats Schaub a 7-1 HW with 1 solid win over a fighter who gave up on the sport, used to be a football player with no MMA experience up until 28-29....Now Nog is in the mix for the title....great.

It's only cause Nog is a likeable guy, and was in the title picture not too long ago. That's not to mention that people only wanted him to retire cause they think he's a washed up PRIDE guy.

On the other hand, you have a guy like Matt Mitrione who is going through guys like butter and is just now only getting "Super" Cheick Kongo

The division is weak no doubt, but Strikeforce will merge sooner or later, just as WEC and PRIDE did. Even if they decide to actually keep Strikeforce around, they will still probably absorb all the big names and leave it for a farm league type deal.

It's only cause Nog is a likeable guy' date=' and was in the title picture not too long ago. That's not to mention that people only wanted him to retire cause they [u']think[/u] he's a washed up PRIDE guy.

On the other hand, you have a guy like Matt Mitrione who is going through guys like butter and is just now only getting "Super" Cheick Kongo

The division is weak no doubt, but Strikeforce will merge sooner or later, just as WEC and PRIDE did. Even if they decide to actually keep Strikeforce around, they will still probably absorb all the big names and leave it for a farm league type deal.

I know , but from unbiased eyes the chances of Nog being a legitimate contender again are minute at best.

I agree , if Mitrione gets through Kongo , Mitrione , Travis Browne and Dave Herman are stellar prospects , great size to them and athleticism to the division really growing fighters.

Now onto why the UFC in time will engulf the talent of strike force is obvious , but why I think it's urgent to do it now is....Barnett , Sergei , Cormier , Antonio Silva could all really do something relevant in the UFCs division as of now , but when you take those 4 guys and leave 1 as the tournament winner it messes that all up. Del Rosario is an awesome prospect too , great size , age , ability growing better. Overeem already signed will be interesting , but he's so suspect in this sport I'm almost more interested in the rest of the Strikeforce big dog heavyweights. It just needs to happen now or we're going to be left with 1 guy of interest in most eyes and 3 forgotten ones.

Mir got destroyed by Lesnar and Carwin ' date=' Cain and Junior destroyed those guys... .[/quote']

oh look mma math :rolleyes: i'd still be interested in those fights, don't care if mir gets owned. you?

Nog was 1 step away from retirement and now everyone pretends he's a contender..

i don't think he's a contender i just want to see nog vs brock since 2008

Mitrione will likely lose to Kongo...and we know Kongo isn't hunting down the belt' date=' if Mitrione wins he's still far away from scathing the title of a threat. .[/quote']

agreed, but imo it's still a good fight and those fighters have potentially interesting matchups after this, even if they aren't in contention yet.

Roy Nelson just got his *** beat twice and Schaub was never anything but a rookie with a win over a fighter who had given up over a year ago in Gonzaga......

i agree here too' date=' but nelson only lost to jds, who is freaking unbelievable, and mir who's fairly solid in his own right.

The UFCs HW division needs this so badly. Not to mention , Mir , Lesnar , Carwin , Nog , Mitrione , Kongo all the "contenders" are in their thirties? I think Dave Herman and Mitrione ( if he beats Kongo ) and Travis Browne, along with Mir if he really goes on a tear could be relevant to the belt soemday. Though right now Mir just wins by default because everyone is a little worse besides Carwin and Lesnar who have been brutally derailed and exposed.

the ufc could use the new fighters, but it's not like there aren't any good fights to put on if they don't.

i'd like to see carwin lesnar 2 cos the only reason lesnar won is cos carwin gassed and it seems that carwin sorted out that issue.

oh look mma math :rolleyes: i'd still be interested in those fights' date=' don't care if mir gets owned. you?

i don't think he's a contender i just want to see nog vs brock since 2008

agreed, but imo it's still a good fight and those fighters have potentially interesting matchups after this, even if they aren't in contention yet.

i agree here too, but nelson only lost to jds, who is freaking unbelievable, and mir who's fairly solid in his own right.

the ufc could use the new fighters, but it's not like there aren't any good fights to put on if they don't.

i'd like to see carwin lesnar 2 cos the only reason lesnar won is cos carwin gassed and it seems that carwin sorted out that issue.[/quote']

I guess i should of pointed this out.

There's a lot of awesome fights they can put together , that I'd love to see in the UFC now in the Heavyweight division. I am speaking more along the lines of the competitiveness , and eyes through the title holders view I suppose. It really needs an immediate Strikeforce rape in that sense.

I know ' date=' but from unbiased eyes the chances of Nog being a legitimate contender again are minute at best.

I agree , if Mitrione gets through Kongo , Mitrione , Travis Browne and Dave Herman are stellar prospects , great size to them and athleticism to the division really growing fighters.

Now onto why the UFC in time will engulf the talent of strike force is obvious , but why I think it's urgent to do it now is....Barnett , Sergei , Cormier , Antonio Silva could all really do something relevant in the UFCs division as of now , but when you take those 4 guys and leave 1 as the tournament winner it messes that all up. Del Rosario is an awesome prospect too , great size , age , ability growing better. Overeem already signed will be interesting , but he's so suspect in this sport I'm almost more interested in the rest of the Strikeforce big dog heavyweights. It just needs to happen now or we're going to be left with 1 guy of interest in most eyes and 3 forgotten ones.[/quote']

What the HW tourny will do though, is give the winner a huge amount of stock, and give the runner up a bit of stock, ect., just like it's suppose to do. Yes right now the stock is about all even, which is a good thing, but with a shallow division, we NEED a new challenger ASAP for this title. SF winner will be just that, with future considerations to runner up. And then the others will have time to get back on track, which can only be good, in the long run. If you go all out for the here and now, you'll blow your load, pun very much intended.

Imagine they stop the tourny and all these guys come over and lose, and it just shows that SF sucks. With a tourny winner, at least these guys will have some hype and confidence and further training.

I guess i should of pointed this out.

There's a lot of awesome fights they can put together ' date=' that I'd love to see in the UFC now in the Heavyweight division. I am speaking more along the lines of the competitiveness , and eyes through the title holders view I suppose. It really needs an immediate Strikeforce rape in that sense.[/quote']

i guess in terms of title fights, there won't be too many justifiable contenders left, but this is how i see it going down.

usually the hw title only goes on the line like twice a year, so we got Cain vs JDS

if cain wins, i say feed nog to carwin to get carwin in there against cain

if jds wins, feed brock maybe winner of mitrione/kongo, to get him in with jds

that's the hw title busy until mid/ late next year when the strikeforce tourney will be over, the winner can then fight for the ufc belt, and then we got reem lurking. that's the ufc belt busy until at least early 2013, not to mention upcoming fighters who could get themselves in the mix, so imo, no, strikeforce doesn't need to be dismantled right now, but i wouldn't be against it if it did.

just remember that the sooner they come over the sooner they're gonna take unnecesary fights while they're waiting in line for a shot.

HW division is sad like the MW. Brock could fight JDS for entertainments sake but I don't know how competitive it would be. Mir isn't going anywhere and neither is Carwin, Nog or Big Country.

Maybe whats his face with the stupid arrow chest hair will improve but it would have to be alot to challenge Cain or JDS. UFC HW desperatly need all of SF's HW's. Fans are tired of waiting a year for 1 significant HW fight.

What the HW tourny will do though' date=' is give the winner a huge amount of stock, and give the runner up a bit of stock, ect., just like it's suppose to do. Yes right now the stock is about all even, which is a good thing, but with a shallow division, we NEED a new challenger ASAP for this title. SF winner will be just that, with future considerations to runner up. And then the others will have time to get back on track, which can only be good, in the long run. If you go all out for the here and now, you'll blow your load, pun very much intended.

Imagine they stop the tourny and all these guys come over and lose, and it just shows that SF sucks. With a tourny winner, at least these guys will have some hype and confidence and further training.[/quote']

I'm confident Antonio Silva , Josh Barnett and Sergei Kharitonov would do very well against good competition in the UFC. I'd say build them up a bit but obviously maincard fights things like...

Sergei Kharitonov vs Stefan Struve / Pat Barry

Josh Barnett vs Ben Rothwell

Antonio Silva vs Roy Nelson

Alistair Overeem vs Franki Mir

Shane Del Rosario vs Brendan Schaub

Daniel Cormier vs Minotauro Noguiera

How does any bad come from something like this? I mean wow , the division would literally COME TO LIFE and I see the new guys to the show taking basically every fight and none of them are even against the rising stars , none are conflicting matchups. It's really ludicrous this hasn't happened.

HW division is sad like the MW. Brock could fight JDS for entertainments sake but I don't know how competitive it would be. Mir isn't going anywhere and neither is Carwin' date=' Nog or Big Country.

Maybe whats his face with the stupid arrow chest hair will improve but it would have to be alot to challenge Cain or JDS. UFC HW desperatly need all of SF's HW's. Fans are tired of waiting a year for 1 significant HW fight.[/quote']

I agree , it's going to mess everything up by waiting for this tournament to shadow all these amazing HWs who have so much deserved hype. A year wait in a barren division is sad.

The UFC HW division is so shallow it is not funny ' date=' there's no more contenders or threats for the belt after Cain and Junior fight unless it's so close they get a rematch...

You need to stop the Strikeforce HW tournament and devour their HW talent so the division becomes interesting ,competitive and respectable.

Having the addition of

Sergei Kharitonov

Antonio Silva

Alistair Overeem

Josh Barnett ( if he tests positive again , OFF WITH HIS HEAD )

Daniel Cormier

Shane Del Rosario

Would greatly improve the division and really add new contenders and threats , I think it's one of the best choices The UFC could make right now , especially choosing to display the HW division on Fox , people will look into and start to realize how awful the division is. I know it's drastic and I know we want to see the tournament fights but it takes 4 contenders and stars and makes just 1 that people will see relevant.[/quote']

All of those guys would stack the HW division. Would maybe be the most competitive one at that.

All of those guys would stack the HW division. Would maybe be the most competitive one at that.

In my opinion it'd still be 1st Lightweight 2nd Welterweight ( people who say 170 isn't competitive are insane..... they might not like the fighters but the talent pool and number of very great fighters in the division is huge ) 3rd would be Heavyweight if they merged these guys for sure.

Chad Griggs' date=' and Herschel Walker should also be on your list.:cool:[/quote']

You mean...Herschel "someone please get me a " Walker? Nah he was a great football player , he doesn't need to be on my list though.

Chad Griggs would be fun , I see him as a superior Joey Beltran. Joey Beltran vs Chad Griggs...That would be great.

I am not sure if it would be a good idea to stop the SF Grand Prix. However, in a year or two, I think it would be awesome to see the SF heavyweights move on over. It would stack the UFC heavyweight division up pretty nicely.

it's still better then strikeforce' date=' Just not alot of HW martial artists.[/quote']

*smacks forehead* The reason UFC bought strikeforce is for the HW's. And no, UFC doesn't have anywhere near the HW talent pool strikeforce HAD.

*smacks forehead* The reason UFC bought strikeforce is for the HW's. And no' date=' UFC doesn't have anywhere near the HW talent pool strikeforce HAD.[/quote']

The UFC does have an easy argument for having the better HWs , if you want to rank them and compare them , quantity and quality. Though Strikeforce has a huge talent pool in consideration to the organization of Heavyweights , hope to see them come over sooner than later.