Sign in to follow this  
wingzero8717

The only Middleweight in the world that can challenge Anderson Silva

Is Hector "lightning" Lombard! Im no fool i dont think Lombard can beat Anderson but i think Hector is the only middleweight left that has even a minuscule chance of untangling the spiders web. Discuss

anderson 1st round ko :cool:

I dont dispute this i just think with Lombard's punching power he could possibly get lucky, and other than him no middleweight even has a prayer against Silva

I dont dispute this i just think with Lombard's punching power he could possibly get lucky' date=' and other than him no middleweight even has a prayer against Silva[/quote']

Lombard doesn't just have knockout power he has very fast hands , he's compact so it forces him to be on the inside which negates Anderson range. Hector Lombard is a Judoka Olympian and is arguably the strongest 185er on the planet , if need be he can get Anderson down. I don't know how many people are familiar with his ground and pound but I've watched him knock people unconscious from the guard several times. I think he's easily the biggest threat to Anderson 29-2-1 ( should have got the win against Gono ) has never been submitted and has underrated Jiu Jitsu himself. I think the most important part is fighting Anderson....you have to BELIEVE YOU WILL WIN and be confident. I think Hector has that in him.

All that being said Anderson would probably massacre him. He's a top 5 MW if you like it or not as far as I am concerned though. His nick name is Shango , not lighting , that's some corny new name they gave him.

I agree Lombard vs Belfort or Stann would both be amazing fights

Nah , I see those kind of being a fight where Lombard goes for the takedown and tries to maul , I think he could have slightly faster and better hands than Stann , well more effective maybe not technical though. I think Vitor he'd go for the takedown and try to wear him out and beat him down though.

Lombard vs Munoz? 2 heavy handed sluggers with word class grappling.

Lombard vs Palhares? 2 squares go at it in an octagon!

Nah ' date=' I see those kind of being a fight where Lombard goes for the takedown and tries to maul , I think he could have slightly faster and better hands than Stann , well more effective maybe not technical though. I think Vitor he'd go for the takedown and try to wear him out and beat him down though.

Lombard vs Munoz? 2 heavy handed sluggers with word class grappling.

Lombard vs Palhares? 2 squares go at it in an octagon![/quote']

Allot of people dont even consider Hector a top 10 middleweight but as good as his hands are paired with his excellent grappling he is a very good fighter, I would like too see Lombard face Belfort and Sonnen just too see how he would fair against a guy who has equally dangerous hands and the best wrestler at middleweight.

Huh?

Anderson throws lasers. Hector throws bar punches. Anderson wins via the first counter jab of the fight.

I never said Lombard would win, but i do think he would give Anderson a better fight than Yushin Okami did.

Allot of people dont even consider Hector a top 10 middleweight but as good as his hands are paired with his excellent grappling he is a very good fighter' date=' I would like too see Lombard face Belfort and Sonnen just too see how he would fair against a guy who has equally dangerous hands and the best wrestler at middleweight.[/quote']

I think I'm going to get flamed for this but.....Lombard would knock Sonnen out , just thinking about the matchup I think that's how it happens 9 times out of 10.

Lombard isn't getting takendown at will or held down , he's far more explosive and powerful and the leverage advantage he has makes it very difficult to defensively or offensively wrestle. Lombard hits way harder than Sonnen and his hands are faster than Sonnens , he wont respect him he'll keep pushing forward attack with bombs until he passes out from exhaustion in this fight. I see him giving Chael no real way out.

I think Anderson would really mess him up , especially in a 5 round fight. He leaves a lot of openings , though his hands are SO QUICK the only people in the division I see being able to exploit that easily are Anderson and possibly Vitor. Anderson would make him uncomfortable with his sweep attempts and triangles I'd say and standing Lombard would just look for the takedown , he'd get caught and killed within 3 rounds.

Eddie and Lombard , really need to come to the UFC I think they both would wreck their way to a title shot. Askren , Patricio and Curran too, should come on over.

Is Hector "lightning" Lombard! Im no fool i dont think Lombard can beat Anderson but i think Hector is the only middleweight left that has even a minuscule chance of untangling the spiders web. Discuss

How can you say Lombard is the only one? Sonnen showed that he has the ability to beat Silva. I'm not a big Sonnen fan, but he already proved that he knows how to beat Silva, and without Sonnen making a mistake at the end of their first fight, he would have been sucessful.

I never said Lombard would win' date=' but i do think he would give Anderson a better fight than Yushin Okami did.[/quote']

Well, maybe haha. Yushin did nothing, and there's not a guarantee that Lombard would either, though he does usually set a high pace and that alone could put you on the edge of your seat once the fight begins. There's always the hope that a wide looper could catch Anderson, but I doubt it. If he's able to do what he did with Rich and Forrest, Lombard would be no different, I think

I think I'm going to get flamed for this but.....Lombard would knock Sonnen out ' date=' just thinking about the matchup I think that's how it happens 9 times out of 10.

Lombard isn't getting takendown at will or held down , he's far more explosive and powerful and the leverage advantage he has makes it very difficult to defensively or offensively wrestle. Lombard hits way harder than Sonnen and his hands are faster than Sonnens , he wont respect him he'll keep pushing forward attack with bombs until he passes out from exhaustion in this fight. I see him giving Chael no real way out.

I think Anderson would really mess him up , especially in a 5 round fight. He leaves a lot of openings , though his hands are SO QUICK the only people in the division I see being able to exploit that easily are Anderson and possibly Vitor. Anderson would make him uncomfortable with his sweep attempts and triangles I'd say and standing Lombard would just look for the takedown , he'd get caught and killed within 3 rounds.

Eddie and Lombard , really need to come to the UFC I think they both would wreck their way to a title shot. Askren , Patricio and Curran too, should come on over.[/quote']

I agree with everything you just said well done

Well' date=' maybe haha. Yushin did nothing, and there's not a guarantee that Lombard would either, though he does usually set a high pace and that alone [u']could[/u] put you on the edge of your seat once the fight begins. There's always the hope that a wide looper could catch Anderson, but I doubt it. If he's able to do what he did with Rich and Forrest, Lombard would be no different, I think

For some reason the bolded part made me lmao!

How can you say Lombard is the only one? Sonnen showed that he has the ability to beat Silva. I'm not a big Sonnen fan' date=' but he already proved that he knows how to beat Silva, and without Sonnen making a mistake at the end of their first fight, he would have been sucessful.[/quote']

Dude when the fight again Anderson will show that the Sonnen fight happened the way it did for two reasons

1.) Silva had two cracked ribs

2.) Silva wanted a sub severely bad as Sonnen downed his Black Belt from Noguiera, i think he let himself get taken down some of those times looking for submissions.

chael, stann,bisping and mayhem will beat hector in a fight

chael' date=' stann,bisping and mayhem will beat hector in a fight[/quote']

and Vitor?

You are correct. But not in a good way. The talent pool is more like a kiddie pool at the weight class.

I think that someone who has a good chance of exposing Anderson Silva's striking by taking him 5 rounds with non-stop striking is Cung Le, former MW StrikeForce champ.

Consider:

Cung 5'10" reach: 69" weight: 185 lbs

defeated StrikeForce MW champ Frank Shamrock by breaking his will and arm, rendering him unable to continue fighting.

defeated Scott Smith, excellent boxer via a gut busting spinning back kick and punches ending in a TKO.

Highly decorated San Shou fighter, Shidokan fighter, and MW kickboxing champ.

Cung has excellent GrecoRoman takedowns to smother and cancel out AS's MT clinch.

Cung has great wrestling control and ability to take his opponents down and get back up to his feet.

Cung would have the best chance to take Silva through 5 rounds of equal matched

kickboxing to Anderson, and who knows what could happen in these 5 rounds, if

Anderson might get his O2 taken out with slams and then gut and body kicks. Discuss.

Lombard is a mediocre champion that looks great against cans.

I don't believe he would give Anderson a better fight than Maia, or Hendo.

On the Cung Le comments he's too old, too small and very one dimentional. No way he finishes Andy with kicks which is about his only hope. He will get outboxed for sure and if he takes it to the ground he'll be submitted within a minute.

wrong section,

i'll reply anyways though

lombard lost to GAYGARD MOUSASI

and you're saying he could beat anderson? Haha. yeah right, lombard would probably get KO'd via front kick to the face

I don't believe he would give Anderson a better fight than Maia' date=' or Hendo.

On the Cung Le comments he's too old, too small and very one dimentional. No way he finishes Andy with kicks which is about his only hope. He will get outboxed for sure and if he takes it to the ground he'll be submitted within a minute.[/quote']

I beg to differ. I think Cung has enough boxing savvy to hold his own with the Roy Jones Jr. style of AS's boxing, and Cung will be able to more than hold his own in the kick fighting department.

As for the groundwork, Cung does not like going there with anybody, but just the sheer power slams that Cung can dish out to AS in the Thai clinch will more than take some oxygen out of AS to set up a KO with kicks. :rolleyes:

I beg to differ. I think Cung has enough boxing savvy to hold his own with the Roy Jones Jr. style of AS's boxing' date=' and Cung will be able to more than hold his own in the kick fighting department.

As for the groundwork, Cung does not like going there with anybody, but just the sheer power slams that Cung can dish out to AS in the Thai clinch will more than take some oxygen out of AS to set up a KO with kicks. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Cungs boxing is garbage, his chin is not the best, his relexes aren't as good as they used to be and im not so sure he would be able to TKD him to death at range :rolleyes:

I don't believe he would give Anderson a better fight than Maia' date=' or Hendo.

On the Cung Le comments he's too old, too small and very one dimentional. No way he finishes Andy with kicks which is about his only hope. He will get outboxed for sure and if he takes it to the ground he'll be submitted within a minute.[/quote']

Cung Le is not too small. Cung standing next to Ariel Helwani who is 6 feet, is just 2 inches shorter.:

Hector Lombard standing next to Ariel Helwani is 6 inches shorter, now that's too small.:

I think only Cung Le and Sonnen can come close to solving the Anderson Silva puzzle.

Just like Vitor was able to take down Anderson during their fight, Cung will be able to

slam Anderson a lot harder then stand up fight Anderson toe to toe without getting

KTFO by a front kick or any other strike.

Not Lombard... Not yet anyways... Let him get in the UFC and fight some good fighters before fighting Anderson... Lombard vs. Bisping would be great. :D

Lombard is definitely good, and the guy was in the olympics as a judo expert, so he could definitely take Anderson Silva down. If he tried to bang with Silva he'd get outclassed in a few minutes. It would be a good fight, though I don't know if Lombard would pass UFC's strict substance abuse testing. He has an interview on youtube where he's clearly flying on dope.

Still though, he would pose a threat, though I think he only has about a 10% chance of winning. I think Vitor has slightly better odds of winning, though I don't think anyone in the MW division truly can beat him. The only that has a chance is Chael Sonnen, and I don't think he's as motivated as he use to be. You have to be hungry to beat Silva.

Bisping has a 20% chance.

I think anytime Vitor fights Anderson even though Vitor has the skills to take him out, Vitor won't be able to because Vitor gives Anderson too much respect( too afraid of Anderson).

Rashad will have a 50% chance if he can close the distance, take him down, and GNP

and grind a decision.

If Cung Le is given a chance, Cung will have the greatest chance at 80% by getting UD by

grinding out and collecting more striking points with kicks and more power takedowns

than Anderson.

Lombard fights cans for a reason. His cardio is crap not too much he's a ****ing ********. This guy will not spar with anyone that is better then he is. He will not roll with anyone better then he is. When he does and gets caught in something he goes ape**** and tries to fight whoever he is sparring with. He hits as hard in training as he does in fights.

Josh Barnett stood with him for a 32 minute round of boxing (was supposed to be 5 minutes) and they were just beating the piss out of eachother. Erik Paulson said he was just following them around with a mop so he could mop up all the blood. They just kept hitting eachother harder and harder. Later Josh got him in a cage and took him down and pinned him. He refused to let Hector up because of how much of a **** he is while sparring. Josh was saying so you like to go hard?!

This is the reason Lombard called out Josh Barnett after knocking some can out in about 30 seconds last year. Barnett told Paulson that he was going to fight Lombard and Erik was confused because of them being in different weightclasses. He asked him when they were going to fight and Barnett said "I'm going to fight him tonight"

Anderson would obliterate Hector. Hector would get beat up in the UFC and then go crazy whenever he woke up. He'd probably try to kill a ref if they tried to stop the fight before Hector was completely unconscious.

hector can be a great WW fighter in the ufc until he faces GSP' date=' N Diaz, penn, or hughes[/quote']

Hector Lombard could never make 170. He walks around at well over 205. He's bigger then Paulo Filho and just as big if not bigger then Palhares.