Sign in to follow this  
openwindow

Would you like to see a Guillard vs Siver 2?

I was thinking about this, and this match-up is not bad. In the first fight, Guillard caught Siver early, and finished Siver within the first minute. If they were to fight again, Siver would probably approach Guillard with more caution.

These are two of my favorite lightweights, and compliment each other pretty well.

Melvin may not punch as hard as some guys, but he is one of the fastest strikers out

there. He is also experience with 40 or so fights under his belt.

Dennis is always improving, has gotten better since the first fight these two had in '08. Dennis also has a few submission wins under his belt, which may help him in this fabled rematch for most of Melvins loses are due to submission. We may even get to see a spinning back kick land? =]

If guillard beats Lauzon, and Siver beats Cerrone, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch.

Sorry for rambling, haha.

If you skipped the above readings (or just as a reminder):

Would you like to see this rematch?

How do you think it would play out?

I was thinking about this' date=' and this match-up is not bad. In the first fight, Guillard caught Siver early, and finished Siver within the first minute. If they were to fight again, Siver would probably approach Guillard with more caution.

These are two of my favorite lightweights, and compliment each other pretty well.

Melvin may not punch as hard as some guys, but he is one of the fastest strikers out

there. He is also experience with 40 or so fights under his belt.

Dennis is always improving, has gotten better since the first fight these two had in '08. Dennis also has a few submission wins under his belt, which may help him in this fabled rematch for most of Melvins loses are due to submission. We may even get to see a spinning back kick land? =']

If guillard beats Lauzon, and Siver beats Cerrone, I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch.

Sorry for rambling, haha.

If you skipped the above readings (or just as a reminder):

Would you like to see this rematch?

How do you think it would play out?

If Siver beats Cerrone the undefeated USA National Muay Thai Champion and far superior grappler? Yeah I think I'd like to see him face Guillard.

Guillard keeps crushing cans and being fed , UFC pats his record with an extra 10 wins , look at his wire then wins against Ronny Torres , Tibau and Stephens , he knocks out only the dainty fighters usually and doesn't even look good striking against physically strong fighters like himself.

If they both win , they should meet for the next title shot after Clay/Ben , absolutely.

If Siver beats Cerrone the undefeated USA National Muay Thai Champion and far superior grappler? Yeah I think I'd like to see him face Guillard.

Guillard keeps crushing cans and being fed ' date=' UFC pats his record with an extra 10 wins , look at his wire then wins against Ronny Torres , Tibau and Stephens , he knocks out only the dainty fighters usually and doesn't even look good striking against physically strong fighters like himself.

If they both win , they should meet for the next title shot after Clay/Ben , absolutely.[/quote']

Lol. I never said I thought Siver would win =]. Just if he did. I agree with you.

Guillard should move up the ladder, and fight those who would pose as a challenge to him, so that fans can see what he is made of.

Lol. I never said I thought Siver would win =]. Just if he did. I agree with you.

Guillard should move up the ladder' date=' and fight those who would pose as a challenge to him, so that fans can see what he is made of.[/quote']

Cerrone and Ben have come a long way in a short time from getting beat up by Jamie Varner....Man , they really become a whole new men.

Siver is very underrated since coming back to the UFC He's 7-1 and 4-0 streak with a good bit of finishes , German Kickboxing Champion , he's got great power I just don't like his technique all to much honestly in his striking. If he loses , I'd love to see him fight John Makdessi , or for Barboza and Makdessi to duke it out now. This division is awesome.

Cerrone and Ben have come a long way in a short time from getting beat up by Jamie Varner....Man ' date=' they really become a whole new men.

Siver is very underrated since coming back to the UFC He's 7-1 and 4-0 streak with a good bit of finishes , German Kickboxing Champion , he's got great power I just don't like his technique all to much honestly in his striking. If he loses , I'd love to see him fight John Makdessi , or for Barboza and Makdessi to duke it out now. This division is awesome.[/quote']

I agree. Lightweight Dev. has got a lot going on. I am a big fan of Siver, and i hope he goes far. But who knows. If he loses, a Makdessi fight would be a good one.