Sign in to follow this  
bright508620

You first thought when you saw MMA for the very first time?

I watched it on some dvd case. My step dad said "yea these guys literally fight no rules locked in a cage". I watched a little bit of it and was like HOLY ****. i was only like 12 i think.

Eventually i saw UFC on Spike. I loved watching Veras KO headkicks and GSP's dominate victories. Not always finishes, but he would always walk over people.

When you first got into/started watching MMA, what did you think? Were you at first against it at all? lets hear some stories.

I thought it was fake. At very first. Then I saw a brtual KO and was like "holy ****, that's gotta be real". It was like UFC 2 or 3. Then I bought ufc 1-5, all UFCs available at the time. I had to have my cousin buy them because in my state they wouldn't sell them to people under 18.

Hah.

First fight I watched was Hamill vs. Bisping, and I thought it was gay because I thought Hamill got royally robbed, and kinda judged a book by it's cover, thought UFC was fixed, but was pretty interested in card results. My older brother would keep me up to date on who was good, then he invited me over with his buddies to watch UFC 99. I gave it another chance and watched Hardy vs. Davis... That was my fight, it took me into MMA, then of course I watched Franklin vs. Wandy which was a war... From that day, I have been a sold out fan of MMA.

I was watching Cradle 2 the Grave and found out the cage fight scene used real fighters in the special features, and saw Chuck and Tito talk briefly. A few weeks later I saw UFC 47 on the shelf at a video store, and rented it out.

Watching Chuck smash Tito against the fence and then run around yelling etc, jeez it's hard being a full time mma fan :D

I thought it was disgusting. It was just like ****-fighting, locking them in a cage, no rules, just like animals. But then I remembered I wasn't retarded

I saw Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben for my first MMA fight. I have never seen such destruction in my life.

Edit: Not long after that i watched more MMA, another UFC Fight Night. I found it weird... It was a bunch of wrestlers fighting on the ground. I didn't understand it at first, but then one dude got a chokehold and finished.

I thought it was an infomercial for Gracie Jui Jitsu. A bunch of big, streetfighter types getting tapped out by the small jui jitsu guy!

94' I was 19 and older brothers brought over Video Tape(yeah I'm old) over to the house to watch UFC.. watch this little Brazilian kick everybodys butt, hooked since. That and watching Tank Abbott smash dudes made me laugh... :D

I remember getting my older brother to rent UFC 2 when I was in my early teens... at the time I didn't understand BJJ and was really disappointed seeing Royce Gracie beat everyone by laying on them... also disappointed by how quick the fights were...

I started getting into MMA by watching TUF 1 but became an avid fan midway through college...

started watching it a couple years ago

I was doing judo at the time and had no idea that there was actual promotions like the ufc that televised it, first time I watched it was Royce Gracie vs Ken shamrock. (not live ofc)

good ****. lol

I don't remember the first time' date=' but I remember a bunch of years ago seeing Kevin Randleman smashing a japanese dude with some sick knees from north south position and thought it was f'n cool[/quote']

19808.jpg