Sign in to follow this  
Dasau

Are you still ANTI-DANA?

1) After all the *****ing' date=' crying, moaning. Do you Diaz fan happy now that Diaz is going to fight BJ?

2) Do you still hate Dana?[/quote']

If it weren't for Dana we wouldn't have this forum to begin with.

Diaz fans need a reality check. Say what you want you about GSP but at least he shows up to meet his obligations.

Yeah, I hate Dana. What a LOSER! He took an organization that was flourishing, had about a Gazillion viewers, sold more PPVs than any other sport and turned it into a bush league half-assed excuse of a "sport"...

Way to go... LOSER!!!

I have never hated Dana. The man brought MMA to where it is today. Without him all of his stupid haters wouldnt have this forum to vent their unwarranted hatred of him. Ironic isnt it?

I have never hated Dana. The man brought MMA to where it is today. Without him all of his stupid haters wouldnt have this forum to vent their unwarranted hatred of him. Ironic isnt it?

The great fighters who put on incredible fights made MMA what it is today, not a suit who controls the money!

Yeah' date=' I hate Dana. What a LOSER! He took an organization that was flourishing, had about a Gazillion viewers, sold more PPVs than any other sport and turned it into a bush league half-assed excuse of a "sport"...

Way to go... LOSER!!!

Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters![/quote']

^^Oh the irony.

The great fighters who put on incredible fights made MMA what it is today' date=' not a suit who controls the money![/quote']

Fighters existed before Dana came along. No one cared about them too much before the "suit who controls the money" started the evil promotion machine...

^^Oh the irony.

^^

Oh the lost sarcasm LoL

Fighters existed before Dana came along. No one cared about them too much before the "suit who controls the money" started the evil promotion machine...

^^

Oh the lost sarcasm LoL

Fighting for money has been going on forever. Dana was only part of the latest promotion to come along and profit off the blood of the fighters.

The great fighters who put on incredible fights made MMA what it is today' date=' not a suit who controls the money![/quote']

You can have the best fighters in the world but without a "suit who controls the money" it means nothing. Dana brought MMA to mainstream attention

I dont hate Dan but he messed up. Diaz didn't deserve another shot. At least for that card he didn't.

He deserved an undercard to show that he is serious about fighting in the UFC. Give him Kampmann. He will beat him and show how much of a fool he is.

Fighting for money has been going on forever. Dana was only part of the latest promotion to come along and profit off the blood of the fighters.

There were and are other promoters.

Point is - Dana IS part (not to say at the top) of THE promotion that made MMA what it is today.

Someone is always going to profit, and the fighters have ALL my respect for what they do. Every single one of them.

But hating on someone who did, and does so much to make the sport:

1. More known

2. More accessible

3. Make more money for the fighters

Is plain blindness, stubbornness, stupidity, or all of the above...

You are a very wise man grass hopper..

Amazing isn't it, they hate him on one hand but support him on the other by using this forum and watching ufc fights. Do some people have no moral compass what so ever?

Point is - Dana IS part (not to say at the top) of THE promotion that made MMA what it is today.

Someone is always going to profit' date=' and the fighters have ALL my respect for what they do. Every single one of them.

1. More known

2. More accessible

Is plain blindness, stubbornness, stupidity, or all of the above...[/quote']

What did he do? 1) Put on pay per view fights 2) Create TUF. If those events had boring fights, it would have failed, so I credit the fighters. I previously told someone- If the first network main event on Fox had been GSP vs Shields, it would be a total disaster. In the end, it always comes down to the actual fights. The opposite of hating is nut hugging.

Someone is always going to profit' date=' and the fighters have ALL my respect for what they do. Every single one of them.

1. More known

2. More accessible

Is plain blindness, stubbornness, stupidity, or all of the above...[/quote']

Fighters made way more money in Japan than in the US.. More known and more accessible to the American people, doesn't necessarily mean more known and more accessible to the world. Dana did alot to MMA in the US, and due to globalization and the whole world worshipping everything that is American the sport blew up. I don't hate Dana, however I don't idolize him, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I respect Dana for everything he did to the sport, however I hate how some of his personal beefs with fighters make him act like a ****** bag teen sometimes, and I hate how he flip flops about fighters claiming, once that they are the greatest and then all of a sudden saying they suck. I also hate how he discredits every fighter fighting outside of the UFC.

Fighters made way more money in Japan than in the US.. More known and more accessible to the American people' date=' doesn't necessarily mean more known and more accessible to the world. Dana did alot to MMA in the US, and due to globalization and the whole world worshipping everything that is American the sport blew up. I don't hate Dana, however I don't idolize him, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I respect Dana for everything he did to the sport, however I hate how some of his personal beefs with fighter make him act like a ****** bag teen sometimes, and I hate how he flip flops about fighter claiming, once that they are the greatest and then all of a sudden saying they suck. I also hate how he discredits every fighter fighting outside of the UFC.[/quote']

You're right, he's not pro- MMA, he's pro- UFC.

What did he do? 1) Put on pay per view fights 2) Create TUF. If those events had boring fights' date=' it would have failed, so I credit the fighters. I previously told someone- If the first network main event on Fox had been GSP vs Shields, it would be a total disaster. In the end, it always comes down to the actual fights. The opposite of hating is nut hugging.[/quote']

I also credit the fighters. Without them, there would be nothing to promote.

But even WITH them, there was practically NOTHING in terms of mainstream exposure before Dana/Zuffa picked it up.

And yes, TUF, like it or not was a big part of it. Along with many other smaller things (Including these pesky pressers to which "some people with social anxiety" fail to arrive).

Why did other promoters not do that?

The answer is - Dana and the Fetitta (or however you spell it) Bros. were just that much better.

People have completely stupid and unrealistic expectations from Dana, and when these ridiculous expectations are not met, they start badmouthing him.

You're right' date=' he's not pro- MMA, he's pro- UFC.[/quote']

And if you think that at this time MMA <> UFC then ask Coker...

There's 1 NFL, 1 NHL, 1 MLB, and many other smaller leagues... that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

1) After all the *****ing' date=' crying, moaning. Do you Diaz fan happy now that Diaz is going to fight BJ?

2) Do you still hate Dana?[/quote']

1. No i'd still rather see Diaz vs GSP. I wanted to see that fight for years and when it finally looks like it will happen...up in smoke

2. This whole situation is Nick's fault not Dana's. Why would i be mad at Dana because Nick can't keep his apointments do his job which consist of doing media and is socially awkward. 100% Nick's fault

3. Dana is alright but he can be a D-bag with an over inflated ego sometimes.

guys, seriously, with Diaz not showing up to the press conferences he promoted and hyped up the fight much more than he would have done if he showed up! its part of his character, and dana white loves fighters with character. much easier to market **** like that because it makes the whole thing more WWEish. we have never talked about a ufc press conference as much as this one. i really dnt get it! why the hell did dana cancel the fight!

guys' date=' seriously, with Diaz not showing up to the press conferences he promoted and hyped up the fight much more than he would have done if he showed up! its part of his character, and dana white loves fighters with character. much easier to market **** like that because it makes the whole thing more WWEish. we have never talked about a ufc press conference as much as this one. i really dnt get it! why the hell did dana cancel the fight![/quote']

are you serious ? lloll

I also credit the fighters. Without them' date=' there would be nothing to promote.

But even WITH them, there was practically NOTHING in terms of mainstream exposure before Dana/Zuffa picked it up.

And yes, TUF, like it or not was a big part of it. Along with many other smaller things (Including these pesky pressers to which "some people with social anxiety" fail to arrive).

Why did other promoters not do that?

The answer is - Dana and the Fetitta (or however you spell it) Bros. were just that much better.

People have completely stupid and unrealistic expectations from Dana, and when these ridiculous expectations are not met, they start badmouthing him.

And if you think that at this time MMA <> UFC then ask Coker...

There's 1 NFL, 1 NHL, 1 MLB, and many other smaller leagues... that's just the way the cookie crumbles...[/quote']

NFL, NHL and MLB! not everyone lives in the US you know.

guys' date=' seriously, with Diaz not showing up to the press conferences he promoted and hyped up the fight much more than he would have done if he showed up! its part of his character, and dana white loves fighters with character. much easier to market **** like that because it makes the whole thing more WWEish. we have never talked about a ufc press conference as much as this one. i really dnt get it! why the hell did dana cancel the fight![/quote']

Because the UFC is not a local backyard fight club run by the sheriff's brother in law.

It is a business, with contracts, with commitments.

And if a fighter it too irresponsible, to apathetic and too self centered to make his appointments and hide from his boss, he doesn't deserve the prestige that comes with fighting for the title.

NFL' date=' NHL and MLB! not everyone lives in the US you know.[/quote']

Oh, THAT's why these are NOT the most popular footbal, Hockey and Baseball leagues. Got it.

Look. I know that not everyone lives in the US, but come on son...

are you serious ? lloll

yes i actually am! what would have diaz said if he showed up? "been training, namsayin, you knw, stand up, namsayin, ground game you know, im ready, namsayin, i wanna fight namsayin, big money"

Because the UFC is not a local backyard fight club run by the sheriff's brother in law.

It is a business' date=' with contracts, with commitments.

And if a fighter it too irresponsible, to apathetic and too self centered to make his appointments and hide from his boss, he doesn't deserve the prestige that comes with fighting for the title.

Oh, THAT's why these are NOT the most popular footbal, Hockey and Baseball leagues. Got it.

Look. I know that not everyone lives in the US, but come on son...[/quote']

"local backyard fight club run by the sheriff's brother in law."

you reminded me of pride lol.. how i miss those days..

"local backyard fight club run by the sheriff's brother in law."

you reminded me of pride lol.. how i miss those days..

You see, me, and maaaaaany others cannot miss those days. The reason being - we didn't even KNOW there WAS a sport called MMA...

Now, I did go back and watched many of these fights, so I know there were tons of good ones. But I wouldn't have looked for it, unless the UFC became as big as it is.

If I was a Diaz fan I'd be upset' date=' now instead of getting lnp he'll get KTFO[/quote']

my 3 favourite WWs are BJ, Diaz and Condit. However I totally agree with you, this is

exactly what's gonna happen! WAR BJ!!!

Do people actually think Dana changed the fight because he wanted too? NO, he changed the fight to save his own *** from the media and all the people that were suppose to be at the press conference. (If he didn't replace Diaz, then it would all fall back on him). The guy knows what he's doing...and that's to make money!

Your right that it probably did created more buzz. Negativity always does just look a the news media. 20,000 bad stories compared to 1 good story. Negativity is far more intriguing.

However this isn't just about promotion. It's that he refused to fulfill his obligations, flatout lied and never had any intention of catching the THREE planes he missed and wasn't responsible enough to call, get in touch with anyone. He just went AWOL.

Usually when you do that at a job you get fired. You may get a second chance but usually not a third for the same ****.

Nick has to understand he's just an employee and doesn't make the rules.

Your right that it probably did created more buzz. Negativity always does just look a the news media. 20' date='000 bad stories compared to 1 good story. Negativity is far more intriguing.

However this isn't just about promotion. It's that he refused to fulfill his obligations, flatout lied and never had any intention of catching the THREE planes he missed and wasn't responsible enough to call, get in touch with anyone. He just went AWOL.

Usually when you do that at a job you get fired. You may get a second chance but usually not a third for the same ****.

Nick has to understand he's just an employee and doesn't make the rules.[/quote']

I'm tired of arguing this issue, but I will say that this incident doesn't mean anything at all to the general public. I would bet that only serious MMA fans are the only ones who even know about this.

This. Its about the fights.