Sign in to follow this  
Junglebird

When has Shields ever looked good in the UFC?

He loses to Kampmann' date=' [b']then outstrikes the wrestler GSP[/b].

do you think Jake will beat Jake?

Shields is not a stand up fighter, outstriking GSP is impressive

He should be fighting Silva to unify the MW title.

Exactly.

The whole things made no sense....well I suppose Dana was scared to give Shields a shot at the MW belt.

He loses to Kampmann' date=' then outstrikes the wrestler GSP.

do you think Jake will beat Jake?[/quote']

You forget, GSP was a stand up fighter before the Serra KO.

I'll agree with the Kampmann fight though.

Guy can take a punch or two, the H Bomb couldn't stop him.

Shields is not a stand up fighter' date=' outstriking GSP is impressive[/quote']

A poke in the eye is not outstriking someone. Frankie outstriking BJ 2 fights straight is outstriking someone.

A poke in the eye is not outstriking someone. Frankie outstriking BJ 2 fights straight is outstriking someone.

Your the official king of butthurt

Shields is not a stand up fighter' date=' outstriking GSP is impressive[/quote']

LOL at impressive outstriking a blind man. :confused:

Shields hasn't really looked very impressive in the UFC. If Kampmann would have opened up against Shields he would have picked him apart.

I was really hoping Jake would pressure George like he said he was going to but he didn't. Maybe he doesn't like fighting at 170.

It's funny, Hendo beats Fedor and he's all the rage right now. How quickly people forget that Shields beat Hendo. He should have been given a shot at Silva at MW, but Dana needed a tough challenge for GSP, so he brought him over for that (and even then, made him take 1 fight beforehand)

He had a bad cut for his 1st fight with Kampmann, but got the nod, then lost to GSP, which is no discredit to anyone.

I really think this 3rd UFC fight will be interesting. He'll have a lot of emotion riding on this one and I think we'll see the best Jake Shields that night. I know i wouldn't bet against him on the 17th.

Real talk.

That gay WW beat the MW who beat the HW GOAT.

You heard it here 1st... BUT it wasnt in the UFC :)

GSP has the same reach as JDS. He should be at HW.

p4p best weight cutter....... oxymoron?

GSP and Shields looked like **** in that fight. Also i don't think Shields outstruck GSP ever in that fight. I think he was just able to land a few good hits that might of been enough to win the round. GSP consistently beat him to the punch. I think it is an insult to fighters like Velasquez and JDS having Shields ranked over them. How can a fighter be one of the P4P best in the world when he is only good at 1 thing, same goes for Jon Fitch. Both are just grapplers who can't strike for ****.

GSP and Shields looked like **** in that fight. Also i don't think Shields outstruck GSP ever in that fight. I think he was just able to land a few good hits that might of been enough to win the round. GSP consistently beat him to the punch. I think it is an insult to fighters like Velasquez and JDS having Shields ranked over them. How can a fighter be one of the P4P best in the world when he is only good at 1 thing' date=' same goes for Jon Fitch. Both are just grapplers who can't strike for ****.[/quote']

It doesn't matter if Fitch or Shields are 1 dimensional, the fact that they win fights against all types of opponents (Strikers, Wrestlers, Jiu Jitsu) shows that they deserve a spot in the P4P rankings. They beat everyone (except GSP), so of course they should be in the P4P rankings

GSP and Shields looked like **** in that fight. Also i don't think Shields outstruck GSP ever in that fight. I think he was just able to land a few good hits that might of been enough to win the round. GSP consistently beat him to the punch. I think it is an insult to fighters like Velasquez and JDS having Shields ranked over them. How can a fighter be one of the P4P best in the world when he is only good at 1 thing' date=' same goes for Jon Fitch. Both are just grapplers who can't strike for ****.[/quote']

I agree. I thought GSP won that fight 50/45, although it was a boring match that didn't live up to an ounce of the hype. GSP fought the latter half of the fight with one eye after a nasty accidental poke that went unnoticed by the referee. I was honestly surprised when a few judges gave Shields two rounds.

I can understand his lackluster performance against Kampmann given his difficult weight cut, but his performance against GSP was puzzling. Even though he was clearly losing by the end of the fight, he didn't go for broke. I'm not a fighter so perhaps I don't understand, but why don't guys pull out all the stops when the fight is almost over and they know they'll never win the decision?

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how Shield will do this month. Maybe he'll kick it into high gear; maybe not.