Why are People acting like the FOX Main Event is anything Special?

ArcaneKnight

People are acting like the UFC is spoiling MMA fans with this title fight on FOX. But don't you all realize they HAD to give us this fight on free TV?

JDS and Cain Velasquez aren't very marketable. The UFC knows a card with them headlining would do horrible PPV numbers. You think the UFC is going to waste a PPV and lose money having them headline a PPV? They can't build PPV stars on a PPV platform when nobody is buying them. They need the viewer-base FOX has to turn JDS or Cain into semi-legitimate PPV draws. So why are people flipping this as the UFC is spoiling the fans with a PPV caliber Main Event?

Without Brock Lesnar Cain Velasquez can't sell a PPV worth a crap. His fight with Big Nog did 125K PPV buys, and that's being generous. JDS's last PPV didn't fare much better. On top of that, JDS still needs to be built up. He didn't even earn his title shot. I don't recall him beating Brock Lesnar to earn a title shot, and I definitely don't remember him beating Big Nog to deserve one either. I didn't know decisioning Carwin and Big Country with a combined 5 minute gas tank qualified one for a titleshot. As far as I'm concerned both JDS and Cain are unproven as Champion and contender.

I can tell how big a fight is going to be, by the projected PPV buys I can put to said main event. Sorry to say, but this is a weak main event, and is no more worthy of Fight Night on Spike or UFC Live on Versus Main Event status than Cruz and MightyMouse. So you can see why it's on free TV and not PPV. You could bring Chuck Liddell out of retirement to fight Tito and it would be a bigger main event for FOX than this fight. Maybe not as relevant, only because of the title implications the JDS/Cain fight holds. But you pit those match ups against eachother on PPV and I guarantee Chuck/Tito outsells the JDS/Cain card. That's proof it'd be a better main event and a better fight right there.

So STFU with the whole "OMG BEST CARD EVER! WERE GETTING A PPV FOR FREE! THX DANA!" No. You're getting a free on SPIKE or Versus caliber Main Event, for free on network TV. This is nowhere close to being a "Free PPV" on FOX. I don't even know wtf a free PPV is, but this fight and card is definitely not a free PPV. It's a free fight, except it's not on Spike or VS.. It's on FOX. That's it. So you all can go to hell with that noise.

cain and jds and free tv is cool wit me .. its a little special too .. been wanting to see these two throw down for a long time .. since about 2009 .. so its about time .. both their games are peaked right now perfect timing .. oh yeah and its free on tv .. cant beat that ...sure glad i didnt have to PPV they could have easily done that and gave us much worse.. but free TV ?!!?!?!? :eek: :D :P

Fourth!

Another dumb Ak thread thats gonna have a million responses

And i want to use AKs logic....

UFC 140 LIDDEL vs ORTIZ

UFC 141 ORTIZ VS LIDDEL

UFC 142 ICEMAN VS HUNINGTON BEACH BAD BOY

EXTRA EXTRA Dana sells UFC for 10 BILLION DOLLARS......

F*CK your soooooooooooooo dumb AK.

Fourth!

He does have a point though...It is only one fight. But I do appreciate it being free. I think it will be just as influential as Griffin-Bonnar (rather I should say it has the potential), but I wouldn't make the event as a whole greater than it actually is.

I agree. Cain should be stripped of the title, and taken out of the HW top 10 rankings. He will have been out for over a year by the time he fights JDS.

If you want MMA to be taken seriously and recognized as a legitimate sport, you have to strip titles from inactive champions, and remove fighters of their top 10 rankings for inactivity.

So UFC needs to re-market this as a fight for the interim title to see who goes on to fight Brock and Overeem for the real title.

I agree. Cain should be stripped of the title' date=' and taken out of the HW top 10 rankings. He will have been out for over a year by the time he fights JDS.

If you want MMA to be taken seriously and recognized as a legitimate sport, you have to strip titles from inactive champions, and remove fighters of their top 10 rankings for inactivity.

So UFC needs to re-market this as a fight for the interim title to see who goes on to[b'] fight Brock and Overeem[/b] for the real title.

Who do you think takes that one?

I agree. Cain should be stripped of the title' date=' and taken out of the HW top 10 rankings. He will have been out for over a year by the time he fights JDS.

So UFC needs to re-market this as a fight for the interim title to see who goes on to fight Brock and Overeem for the real title.[/quote']

omgwtfhaxbbqpwnshm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Who do you think takes that one?

If Brock plans to continue fighting win or lose against Overeem, then I have Brock winning. But if he hangs it up after, I have him losing.

If you dread the thought of being punched, you dread the thought of being a fighter. I'm not convinced he isn't being thrown in there 1 last time to give the UFC that needed boost to turn Overeem into their next big PPV draw. I don't think Brock wants to continue fighting, and 1 punch can make that quite apparent.

With the way WWE is struggling and the meetings between Dana and Vince McMahon, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince buys out Brock's contract after UFC is done using him to build up Overeem. There have been no statements from Brock that he's fully committed to this sport 100%, so I can't tell how motivated he is to prove himself in the fight game. Which leads me to believe he isn't, and that this fight, may very well be his last.

Even though I believe Brock is 1 completed takedown and dominant position away from finishing any HW on the planet. He's just not a fighter at heart. Warriors fight til death, not curl up and go FULL FETAL.

So UFC needs to re-market this as a fight for the interim title to see who goes on to fight Brock and Overeem for the real title.[/quote']

Word, it isn't like Block's illness has kept him out for a year.

Who cares about how marketable they are because we are getting to the see the #1 and #2 HW fighting for the UFC Heavyweight title for free. If you know who Cain and Junior are as an MMA fan you would know that it's the biggest fight the UFC can make at the moment that makes sense.

lol..

and LOL @ you nerds rating the attempt and blowing the cover of my thread like 5 replies in, before it even has time to catch anybody.

How many noobs have really even seen it yet?

Equally as bad as my attempt is your pathetic attempt at trying to grade my thread after only being up for about an hour. If you came on tomorrow and saw a couple pages full of Satronaden's you'd probably be clowning about something different. I'm not mad though, but I'm not sure who's judging is more twisted, yours or UFC's.

For the record I think this main event is badass and it's going to be 1 hell of a fight. If I ruffled some feathers oh well. Even though I don't post often I still RUN this forum. Get thrown off the 3rd tier balcony at a UFC event for talking down on my threads like that. I'll go back to my ringside seats and you all can think unconsciously about how you wasted 50 bucks on your nosebleeds while you get rushed off to the ER.

and I'm not threatening any 1 person. I'm just saying, hatas ain't safe.

Mikmania.. a hater I remember.

my 9 inches gets *****es.

you mad?

no I'm not mad. and i don't care about the length of your manhood. also, what i've realized throughout life is that people who disclose the length of their genitalia are 98% of the time lying.

btw i don't like you and your posts

no I'm not mad. and i don't care about the length of your manhood. also' date=' what i've realized throughout life is that people who disclose the length of their genitalia are 98% of the time lying.

btw i don't like you and your posts[/quote']

You're right. I lied. It's 8.5"

Still doesn't explain why you constantly post in my threads when you don't like me or my threads you feeble 130lb nerd.

Fourth!

And i want to use AKs logic....

UFC 140 LIDDEL vs ORTIZ

UFC 141 ORTIZ VS LIDDEL

UFC 142 ICEMAN VS HUNINGTON BEACH BAD BOY

EXTRA EXTRA Dana sells UFC for 10 BILLION DOLLARS......

F*CK your soooooooooooooo dumb AK.

i'm with this guy.

one reason real fans know this actually the biggesthw fight in ufc history. you have two undefeated titans both tearing through the division without a blemish or any trouble, now their meeting for the title as many suspected. you hear almost every hw title fight that this the biggest from dana. this will be the biggest ufc hw fight in the next five years before the new talent arrives.

one reason real fans know this actually the biggesthw fight in ufc history. you have two undefeated titans both tearing through the division without a blemish or any trouble' date=' now their meeting for the title as many suspected. you hear almost every hw title fight that this the biggest from dana. this will be the biggest ufc hw fight in the next five years before the new talent arrives.[/quote']

JDS is not undefeated. In the UFC he is.

lol..

and LOL @ you nerds rating the attempt and blowing the cover of my thread like 5 replies in' date=' before it even has time to catch anybody.

Equally as bad as my attempt is your pathetic attempt at trying to grade my thread after only being up for about an hour. If you came on tomorrow and saw a couple pages full of Satronaden's you'd probably be clowning about something different. I'm not mad though, but I'm not sure who's judging is more twisted, yours or UFC's.

For the record I think this main event is badass and it's going to be 1 hell of a fight. If I ruffled some feathers oh well. Even though I don't post often I still RUN this forum. Get thrown off the 3rd tier balcony at a UFC event for talking down on my threads like that. I'll go back to my ringside seats and you all can think unconsciously about how you wasted 50 bucks on your nosebleeds while you get rushed off to the ER.

and I'm not threatening any 1 person. I'm just saying, hatas ain't safe.[/quote']

Welcome back! and yes, "Balls!" to those who are familiar with your handy work and did not give it the proper time to breathe. You don't drink whine as soon as you crack open the box, the same as you don't judge an AK thread till you've seen the knobs out in force.

You got me all wound up once, now I love to see it happen to others,

He does have a point though...It is only one fight. But I do appreciate it being free. I think it will be just as influential as Griffin-Bonnar (rather I should say it has the potential)' date=' but I wouldn't make the event as a whole greater than it actually is.[/quote']

the card is only one fight? wut?

no I'm not mad. and i don't care about the length of your manhood. also' date=' what i've realized throughout life is that people who disclose the length of their genitalia are 98% of the time lying.

btw i don't like you and your posts[/quote']

I have a really small pee pee.

lol..

and LOL @ you nerds rating the attempt and blowing the cover of my thread like 5 replies in' date=' before it even has time to catch anybody.

Even though I don't post often I still RUN this forum. [/quote']

Blowing your cover? You run this forum? Get a life, nerd.

People are acting like the UFC is spoiling MMA fans with this title fight on FOX. But don't you all realize they HAD to give us this fight on free TV?

JDS and Cain Velasquez aren't very marketable. The UFC knows a card with them headlining would do horrible PPV numbers. You think the UFC is going to waste a PPV and lose money having them headline a PPV? They can't build PPV stars on a PPV platform when nobody is buying them. They need the viewer-base FOX has to turn JDS or Cain into semi-legitimate PPV draws. So why are people flipping this as the UFC is spoiling the fans with a PPV caliber Main Event?

Without Brock Lesnar Cain Velasquez can't sell a PPV worth a crap. His fight with Big Nog did 125K PPV buys' date=' and that's being generous. JDS's last PPV didn't fare much better. On top of that, JDS still needs to be built up. He didn't even earn his title shot. I don't recall him beating Brock Lesnar to earn a title shot, and I definitely don't remember him beating Big Nog to deserve one either. I didn't know decisioning Carwin and Big Country with a combined 5 minute gas tank qualified one for a titleshot. As far as I'm concerned both JDS and Cain are unproven as Champion and contender.

I can tell how big a fight is going to be, by the projected PPV buys I can put to said main event. Sorry to say, but this is a weak main event, and is no more worthy of Fight Night on Spike or UFC Live on Versus Main Event status than Cruz and MightyMouse. So you can see why it's on free TV and not PPV. You could bring Chuck Liddell out of retirement to fight Tito and it would be a bigger main event for FOX than this fight. Maybe not as relevant, only because of the title implications the JDS/Cain fight holds. But you pit those match ups against eachother on PPV and I guarantee Chuck/Tito outsells the JDS/Cain card. That's proof it'd be a better main event and a better fight right there.

So STFU with the whole "OMG BEST CARD EVER! WERE GETTING A PPV FOR FREE! THX DANA!" No. You're getting a free on SPIKE or Versus caliber Main Event, for free on network TV. This is nowhere close to being a "Free PPV" on FOX. I don't even know wtf a free PPV is, but this fight and card is definitely not a free PPV. It's a free fight, except it's not on Spike or VS.. It's on FOX. That's it. So you all can go to hell with that noise.[/quote']

I give it a 8/10

Gj

lol..

.[/quote']

I agree with this.... You OG members should know better...

How am I guna lol at the nubcakes now..... smh...

JDS and Cain Velasquez aren't very marketable. The UFC knows a card with them headlining would do horrible PPV numbers. .

mother-god-meme-300x224.jpg

You think the UFC is going to waste a PPV and lose money having them headline a PPV? They can't build PPV stars on a PPV platform when nobody is buying them. They need the viewer-base FOX has to turn JDS or Cain into semi-legitimate PPV draws. So why are people flipping this as the UFC is spoiling the fans with a PPV caliber Main Event?

Without Brock Lesnar Cain Velasquez can't sell a PPV worth a crap. His fight with Big Nog did 125K PPV buys' date=' and that's being generous. JDS's last PPV didn't fare much better. On top of that, JDS still needs to be built up. He didn't even earn his title shot. I don't recall him beating Brock Lesnar to earn a title shot, and I definitely don't remember him beating Big Nog to deserve one either. I didn't know decisioning Carwin and Big Country with a combined 5 minute gas tank qualified one for a titleshot. As far as I'm concerned both JDS and Cain are unproven as Champion and contender..[/quote']

Cookie_Monster_What_The_Hell_Is_This_Crap-300x290.jpg

I can tell how big a fight is going to be' date=' by the projected PPV buys I can put to said main event. Sorry to say, but this is a weak main event, and is no more worthy of Fight Night on Spike or UFC Live on Versus Main Event status than Cruz and MightyMouse. So you can see why it's on free TV and not PPV. You could bring Chuck Liddell out of retirement to fight Tito and it would be a bigger main event for FOX than this fight. Maybe not as relevant, only because of the title implications the JDS/Cain fight holds. But you pit those match ups against eachother on PPV and I guarantee Chuck/Tito outsells the JDS/Cain card. That's proof it'd be a better main event and a better fight right there.

So STFU with the whole "OMG BEST CARD EVER! WERE GETTING A PPV FOR FREE! THX DANA!" No. You're getting a free on SPIKE or Versus caliber Main Event, for free on network TV. This is nowhere close to being a "Free PPV" on FOX. I don't even know wtf a free PPV is, but this fight and card is definitely not a free PPV. It's a free fight, except it's not on Spike or VS.. It's on FOX. That's it. So you all can go to hell with that noise.[/quote']

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeNmdxh1u8riQzFFMrJaJt94IyKPnZnIyM9F-0Sk4UgRuzwS-VhQ

Clearly you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Your claims that Cain and JDS can't headline a card are about as logical as Sylvester Stallone making Rocky 7. Why don't you go to school and actually get an education and use that grey matter between your ears instead of plaguing this forum with your stupidity. If i could get my hands on you I'd slap you around to knock some sense into you. You should feel embarassed for exposing the extent of your stupidity. Come on, I mean... seriously?!? Put Chuck and Randy together instead of Cain vs JDS?!? Current day?!? That wouldn't have sold more back in the day. Heavyweights are always more marketable then any other weight class. Brock sucks and shouldn't be a requirement for title shots. Carwin would smash him in a rematch. This time not gas cos he's got cardio now. How can you live with yourself? How are you still alive?!?

trollface-1.jpg

Without Brock Lesnar Cain Velasquez can't sell a PPV worth a crap. His fight with Big Nog did 125K PPV buys' date=' and that's being generous. JDS's last PPV didn't fare much better. On top of that, JDS still needs to be built up. He didn't even earn his title shot. I don't recall him beating Brock Lesnar to earn a title shot, and I definitely don't remember him beating Big Nog to deserve one either. I didn't know decisioning Carwin and Big Country with a combined 5 minute gas tank qualified one for a titleshot. As far as I'm concerned both JDS and Cain are unproven as Champion and contender.

Listen you pile of dog **** im only going to tell you this once......

Oh it's AK.:eek:

Lol carry on.....

Archived