Royce Gracie Vs Bruce Lee

g00ch

If they fought in a cage, under the unified MMA rule set and Gracie could get a hold on Lee, he'd win rather easily. Take down, or pull guard, probably pull guard, then arm bar or sweep then arm bar or choke. If they were in a street fight, or in an open area where Lee could move in a very large area, Lee would be too quick and would win by KO. But in the confinement of the cage, Gracie takes it 95.283% of the time.

Just pointing out that Lee as a Fighter was aware of basic Jiu jitsu
i want to point this out first i am a huge Bruce fan and did wing chun for a few years. He doesn't have to know any jj just because it's in a film, if the script says u choke out Maia you would choke him out it wouldn't mean u know what your doing.

Ive been a Fan of MMA since the mid-nineties so was lucky enough to see Royce in his prime' date=' "Can" is not a word to use for those "Legends" who fought in the very first UFC`s[/quote']

one of his opponents tapped to mount. He racked up wins against people who literally had zero submission knowledge. He is very much put on a pedestal that he doesnt deserve. Not to say that he wasnt good at what he did and isnt someone that I respect because I have respect for everyone who steps into the cage

i want to point this out first i am a huge Bruce fan and did wing chun for a few years. He doesn't have to know any jj just because it's in a film' date=' if the script says u choke out Maia you would choke him out it wouldn't mean u know what your doing.[/quote']

So you believe that Bruce Lee didnt think that those submissions he was shown were actually effective

("Be like water")

one of his opponents tapped to mount. He racked up wins against people who literally had zero submission knowledge. He is very much put on a pedestal that he doesnt deserve. Not to say that he wasnt good at what he did and isnt someone that I respect because I have respect for everyone who steps into the cage

I get your point, I respect any fighter who competes at any level, And Royce (in the 90`s) wouldnt last a round against a top level modern MMA fighter but i think he does deserve his respect as the dude who proved which fighting style alone is the best

If they fought in a cage' date=' under the unified MMA rule set and Gracie could get a hold on Lee, he'd win rather easily. Take down, or pull guard, probably pull guard, then arm bar or sweep then arm bar or choke. If they were in a street fight, or in an open area where Lee could move in a very large area, Lee would be too quick and would win by KO. But in the confinement of the cage, Gracie takes it 95.283% of the time.[/quote']

No way.... I had Gracie winning 95.284% of the time.... :rolleyes:

I see alot of answers here sayign Bruce would win..

one fact to remember is the Gracie Challange.. No fighter in any martial art beat a Gracie until MMA training started in the early 90s..

And even if Bruce Less was an superhuman with very good skills, BJJ is created to neutralize and stop other fighters and fight styles...

I get your point' date=' I respect any fighter who competes at any level, And Royce (in the 90`s) wouldnt last a round against a top level modern MMA fighter but i think he does deserve his respect as the dude who proved which fighting style alone is the best[/quote']

but todays top level MMA fighter wouldnt have the knowledge or abilities if it wasn't for guys like royce gracie going in there and showing the world another effective aspect of fighting, and helping to build mixed martial arts and make it what it is today. im sure his strategy bored the hell out of viewers back then because most people would never understand any of that technical stuff or have any idea what the hell is going on. Nobody rushes to pull guard in the middle of a streetfight outside of your local bar.

who knows. if it wasnt for him, people might think that the most toughest badass fighters out there are the 500 pound men who show up to fight with one boxing glove and a pair of nike's

but todays top level MMA fighter wouldnt have the knowledge or abilities if it wasn't for guys like royce gracie going in there and showing the world another effective aspect of fighting' date=' and helping to build mixed martial arts and make it what it is today. im sure his strategy bored the hell out of viewers back then because most people would never understand any of that technical stuff or have any idea what the hell is going on. Nobody rushes to pull guard in the middle of a streetfight outside of your local bar.

who knows. if it wasnt for him, people might think that the most toughest badass fighters out there are the 500 pound men who show up to fight with one boxing glove and a pair of nike's[/quote']

The Gracie family did not invent the wheel of MMA. Bruce Lee invented the wheel of MMA.,

It was Bruce Lee who was the founder of MMA. Even the president of the UFC knows this. It was Bruce Lee's genius and tested scientific no holds barred fighting with his students using boxing helmet, body gear, and the jeet kune do gloves, which were used during his time that first tested MMA. Look at Enter the Dragon where it shows he knew and participated in MMA.

I see alot of answers here sayign Bruce would win..

one fact to remember is the Gracie Challange.. No fighter in any martial art beat a Gracie until MMA training started in the early 90s..

And even if Bruce Less was an superhuman with very good skills' date=' BJJ is created to neutralize and stop other fighters and fight styles...[/quote']

The Gracies were also very good at stacking the cards in their favour..

In the annals of fighting history, the Gracie clan are looked on over-favourably IMHO.

They were just ahead of the curve at the time.

Bruce Lee in Royce's take down attempt would palm clap Royce's ears, headbutt,

stomp,uppercut, one and three inch punch, wing chun trap and strike silly Royce and then

soon intercept Royce's lead leg, dragging side kick to takedown by intercepting him with

kickboxing until Bruce catches Royce with a boxing or kickboxing combination and KTFO

of Royce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr_WKnZ_i6Y&feature=related

Archived