What food is good for post workout recovery

LegoPig

Hitting the kettlebells again to get down to fighting weight after a year lay off and gaining about 70lbs. Noticed this time after such a lay off that I ache like a *****, much more that I ever remembering before. Just wondering if anyone has any dietary tips for soreness. I know after a few weeks I will get used to it again and it wont be as bad, but anything at the minute will help.

Low calorie and fat would be an added bonus too.

Nah I have wasted too much money on supliments over the years. Although if I was going to i would do a course of creatine cause i find that good to stop muscle ache but not much else.

i go all natural too.

as far as i would know proteins will help your muscles recover faster, so lean meats should help.

I'm sure theres other 'secret foods' out there that help with recovery time aswell

Hitting the kettlebells again to get down to fighting weight after a year lay off and gaining about 70lbs. Noticed this time after such a lay off that I ache like a *****' date=' much more that I ever remembering before. Just wondering if anyone has any dietary tips for soreness. I know after a few weeks I will get used to it again and it wont be as bad, but anything at the minute will help.

Low calorie and fat would be an added bonus too.[/quote']

You sound like you gain fat easy so keep carbs to a minimum, lean meats (chicken breast is best), whey protein with WATER not milk and creatine but at the correct dose, you can't go wrong.

Protein powder with milk is the best. It's because it has what you need and is quickly absorbed/digested. Dymatize ISO 100' date=' Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard or Horleys 100% Whey are the best in my opinion.[/quote']

with water yes with milk no!

Incorrect.

You sound like you gain fat easy so keep carbs to a minimum' date=' lean meats (chicken breast is best), [b']whey protein with WATER not milk [/b]and creatine but at the correct dose, you can't go wrong.

yes you are!

with milk you add unneeded sugar with water you dont! simples!:D

there you go!

Hitting the kettlebells again to get down to fighting weight after a year lay off and gaining about 70lbs. Noticed this time after such a lay off that I ache like a *****' date=' much more that I ever remembering before. Just wondering if anyone has any dietary tips for soreness. I know after a few weeks I will get used to it again and it wont be as bad, but anything at the minute will help.

Low calorie and fat would be an added bonus too.[/quote']

Glutamine. It will drastically reduce soreness and increase repair time. Best option is a protein shake that already has glutamine in it. True story bro

Glutamine. It will drastically reduce soreness and increase repair time. Best option is a protein shake that already has glutamine in it. True story bro

Dymatize ISO 100 (vanilla) with 1 scoop of Karbolyn (strawberry) immediately w/o

Banana 20 mins after

Krill fish oil, 4 per day

Organic Whole Food vitamins

8-10 hours sleep

knowing your wife regularly

That should help.

Directly after a workout protein shake is the best. I put in 0 percent milk and its chocolate flavored by no fat.

For lunch and dinner any FRESH AND PLAIN chicken or fish. Dont buy that already seasoned and breaded chicken.

You can bake it or put it on the grill but dont add salt or oil. No sauces either. Any other seasoning is alright as long as its low fat.

Snacks: 0 percent yogurt/almonds

Directly after a workout protein shake is the best. I put in 0 percent milk and its chocolate flavored by no fat.

For lunch and dinner any FRESH AND PLAIN chicken or fish. Dont buy that already seasoned and breaded chicken.

You can bake it or put it on the grill but dont add salt or oil. No sauces either. Any other seasoning is alright as long as its low fat.

Snacks: 0 percent yogurt/almonds

why low fat are you of the opinion that eating fat makes you fat?......cos it dont.

avoiding fat makes it very hard for your body to metabolise vitamins ADK &E

So' date=' I know whey protein shakes are good for building muscle mass, but I am wanting to lose fat. Pretty sure I get plenty of protein in my normal diet as it is. But would you say amino acid tablets would be worth anything?[/quote']

if you are eating plenty of lean meats you are getting enough Amino acids but the ones you may be missing are Branch Chain Amino Acid's BCAA's

So' date=' I know whey protein shakes are good for building muscle mass, but I am wanting to lose fat. Pretty sure I get plenty of protein in my normal diet as it is. But would you say amino acid tablets would be worth anything?[/quote']

Whey powder with water if your looking to get leaner, milk if you want to bulk/extra cals

Archived