UK Government thinking about introducing a tax on fatty foods.

LegoPig

Taxes aren't going to cure stupidity. If people want to smoke' date=' drink-(to excess), and eat bad food, let 'em.[/quote']

I pretty much in agreeance with this.

If people want to drink, smoke, get fat and ****, then the government should mind their own ****ing business.

The problem as always is with the dramatically flawed research by ANSELL KEYS that the British and US governments base their so called healthy plate on or food pyramid!

Fat contrary to popular and flawed opinion is not bad for you! you need fat or you cannot metabolise certain vitamins and minerals, ever hear the words ?essential fatty acids? well just think about that word ESSENTIAL!

We have essential fats and essential proteins but there are no essential carbohydrates!

People today eat far less fat than ever before but people as a whole are getting bigger, that?s because if you look at any low fat product you will find increased sugar and carbs (essentially the same thing).

So don?t waste time following the same flawed logic as KEYS let?s start getting to the root of the problem CARBS and SUGAR not FAT!

I think a lot of countries are starting to highly tax or ban bad foods and products such as trans fats and what not. Everything else thats horrible for you like smokes and alcohol are heavily taxed so why not unhealthy foods?

Q why not unhealthy foods

A.because they have no clue what unhealthy foods are! as ive said they base their health advice on flawed research so its not really going to go well after that!

so is transfat the same as saturated fat? I have only heard of it since that American Dad episode.

NO!

nothing wrong with saturated fat,your heart acctually beats more efficiantly when it has saturated fat and your body when given a large amount of carbs turns them into guess what? saturated fat!

so if its something your body creates why would it be bad! SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR thats the enemy bread potatoes pasta rice too much fruit all these things are bad for you.

I agree --

But then again' date=' what do you eat? Bread = too many carbs, fruit = too many sugars, meat = too much protein.[/quote']

balanced diet of meats and veg,the thing is once you stop eating carbs and sugar your appetite decreases since its the constant blood sugar spikes that make you hungry!

plus its very very hard to eat too much protein.

balanced diet of meats and veg' date='the thing is once you stop eating carbs and sugar your appetite decreases since its the constant blood sugar spikes that make you hungry!

plus its very very hard to eat too much protein.[/quote']

I will take that into account --

Occasionally I'll have a "treat".

I've been eating mostly meat and cheese, trying to cut my carbs.

And drinking Kool-Aid -- not the best thing to drink.

overpricing junk food is ridiculous. if they are going to do that' date=' then they may as well use the extra tax dollars to make concentration camps for fat people.[/quote']

or they could use the money to pay all the law suits they will have once they finally admit they were wrong in following ANSELL KEYS flawed data and telling everyone to eat low fat and high startchy carb! result the population gets fatter than its ever been!

what makes me LMFAO is that these people tell diabetics to eat more starchy carbs pmsl i mean these people cannot handle sugar so they tell them to eat sugar,what next sun cures skin cancer!:rolleyes:

Heck, since good nations turning ****** seems to be the new thing, why tax things that can disable you and make you harder for the government to control???

If I were a smart ****** bastard, I'd tax the hell out of all the healthy foods and make junk cheap and easy.

Archived