if BJ beats Diaz....

King_Can

would you rather see him fight GSP, or go back to lightweight?

I am in no way interested in seeing GSP vs Penn again.

Penn should go back down soon. would love to see him fight Maynard/bendo/cerrone/guillard/pettis/melendez/ all the good wec lightweights...

not so much edgar but yeah.

even if GSP fights Penn and Penn wins, it would seem dumb that we have a FW champ that outweights a LW champ when they are not cutting weight, that beat our welterweight champ twice.

edit:

and yes I think BJ is going to beat Diaz.

would you rather see him fight GSP' date=' or go back to lightweight?

I am in no way interested in seeing GSP vs Penn again.

Penn should go back down soon. would love to see him fight Maynard/bendo/cerrone/guillard/pettis/ not so much edgar but yeah.

even if GSP fights Penn and Penn wins, it would seem dumb that we have a FW champ that outweights a LW champ when they are not cutting weight, that beat our welterweight champ twice.[/quote']

I think he should get one more shot. If he cant do it, I would like to see him go back to his natural weight class.

BJ Penn does not get a title shot after going 2-0-1 with GSP who he has lost to twice. Silly people need to get that through their head.

I want to see BJ Penn fight Anthony Johnson because I think BJ Penn is the best man to battle size' date=' while Anthony is enormous. Would be an insanely interesting fight.[/quote']

well it would be unfair to not let him get a title shot

he drawed the #2 welterweight in the world and he would be beating the guy who was originally supposed to fight GSP.

BJ Penn does not get a title shot after going 2-0-1 with GSP who he has lost to twice. Silly people need to get that through their head.

I want to see BJ Penn fight Anthony Johnson because I think BJ Penn is the best man to battle size' date=' while Anthony is enormous. Would be an insanely interesting fight[/b'].

I agree with the bolded. However, another fight between BJ and GSP is still an interesting fight. In their second fight, it was quite clear that GSP was being greased by his corner (whether he had knowledge of it or not), so it would be nice to see Penn receive a fair fight to settle their feud once and for all.

Depends how Edgar Maynard 3 goes. If Maynard wins he should start campaigning for his title back. IMO he can beat Maynard. If he stays at ww the only fights I really want to see after Diaz are alves, koscheck, maybe.

All the last guys who fought for the title at lightweight while Penn was there have gone. Kenny, Sanchez, Stevenson, sherk's not exactly relevant any more.

It would be interesting to see how Penn performs against the new 155 contenders.

I am probably the biggest Penn fan out there and it pains me to say this.. but I think there are guys at WW that could beat him based on size and not skill (Mcdonald, Rumble maybe, Story, Alves, and GSP) Although I think Penn would beat Rumble, Story, and Alves but thats cuz I am just a huge fan!

I like LW because Penn is at the point in his career where he has proved hes one of the best and i think big matchups are the best thing for him... I think LW has the better fights (Maynard, Melendez, Pettis, Bendo, Guillard) I would love to see those fights more than I would wanna see Penn vs (Koscheck, GSP, Alves, Fitch, Ellenberger,)

I agree with the bolded. However' date=' another fight between BJ and GSP is still an interesting fight. In their second fight, it was quite clear that GSP was being greased by his corner (whether he had knowledge of it or not), so it would be nice to see Penn receive a fair fight to settle their feud once and for all.[/quote']

on top of that Penn is really the only guy whos taken it to GSP

I agree with the bolded. However' date=' another fight between BJ and GSP is still an interesting fight. In their second fight, it was quite clear that GSP was being greased by his corner (whether he had knowledge of it or not), so it would be nice to see Penn receive a fair fight to settle their feud once and for all.[/quote']

You must really hate BJ to want that fight again. Grease didnt get him taken down almost at will and grease didnt make him lose the stand-up battle either. It was just an excuse for Penn and his fans to soften the blow of his loss after all the **** that he talked.

You must really hate BJ to want that fight again. Grease didnt get him taken down almost at will and grease didnt make him lose the stand-up battle either. It was just an excuse for Penn and his fans to soften the blow of his loss after all the **** that he talked.

If grease doesnt impact a fight, then why is there rules against it?

TBH I think it depends. I strongly feel that Condit is going to get the W which (according to me) should allow BJ to fight for the title. I felt like he beat Fitch, he KOd Hughes, and I think he'll stop Diaz.

However if GSP retains his title I don't think BJ should fight him. Stylistically its a horrible match up. Safe wrestler who grinds you out kind of like Fitch but at least 5 times better at it. BJ isn't strong enough to make space to sub him and probably won't have the cardio for 5 round grind. He could knock him out but I don't think he would because GSP just knows how to get BJ down.

If GSP wins then he should go down to LW and if Condit wins stay at WW.

Archived