Guillard on Melendez in the UFC

JR40

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/04/melvin-guillard-wouldnt-be-upset-if-gilbert-melendez-gets-title/

Guillard has stated that he would not be upset if Melendez gets an immediate title shot. He thinks that the UFC Champion and the Strikeforce Champ should be unifying their belts to find out the real #1 in the world.

I'm surprised by Guillard's thinking here, but I think it shows maturity. If Melendez comes over and gets the shot straight away then who should Guillard fight next? Winner of Cerrone vs Siver for the shot after Melendez and Guide/Henderson?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/04/melvin-guillard-wouldnt-be-upset-if-gilbert-melendez-gets-title/

Guillard has stated that he would not be upset if Melendez gets an immediate title shot. He thinks that the UFC Champion and the Strikeforce Champ should be unifying their belts to find out the real #1 in the world.

I'm surprised by Guillard's thinking here' date=' but I think it shows maturity. If Melendez comes over and gets the shot straight away then who should Guillard fight next? Winner of Cerrone vs Siver for the shot after Melendez and Guide/Henderson?[/quote']

Are u saying cerrone and siver should get a shot be4 guillard?

Are u saying cerrone and siver should get a shot be4 guillard?

Not at all. I'm just saying that if there are people before these guys getting shots it makes sense for them to keep on fighting. Guillard facing the winner of Cerrone and Siver would make sense to me.

Not at all. I'm just saying that if there are people before these guys getting shots it makes sense for them to keep on fighting. Guillard facing the winner of Cerrone and Siver would make sense to me.

Oh ok i got yah

Yah a fight with cerrone (assuming he wins) would be really good for both guys

Oh ok i got yah

Yah a fight with cerrone (assuming he wins) would be really good for both guys

I have Cerrone beating Siver but who knows what will actually go down. Cerrone vs Guillard is a fight I can get excited about for sure!

Melendez shouldnt get a shot at the belt yet' date=' just because he hasnt beat anyone relevant yet, he might be the most underated fighter and might have crazy potential but he doesnt deserve it for now... he has to fight guys like miller, bendo, guida and the looser of Maynard Edgar before[/quote']

Agreed but u are aware he beat aoki with taking him down and has a win over guida right

Yah i think he needs to have a fight in the promo be4 u fight for the title

Agreed but u are aware he beat aoki with taking him down and has a win over guida right

Yah i think he needs to have a fight in the promo be4 u fight for the title

He did beat Guida but it was a very close split decision, and Guida is nowhere the fighter he was a at the time, now he is much better. And Aoki doesnt impress me much, who has he beat who his relevant, look at his last 5-6 fights, a lot of unkwown or lower level fighter

(Melendez did improve to by the way)

Archived