Beltran v. Miocic

Thurston

~Miocic~

Anybody else curious to see Miocic? He could very well turn out to be a legitimate threat' date=' which is needed at HW right now. I've got Miocic by UD. So who do you have?[/quote']

Miocic has looked like a really large, powerful striker at Heavyweight, in great condition. Beltran is a dog, he went toe to toe with Barry for 15 minutes to lose a close decision. I say Miocic takes it by Knockout and starts turning heads.

Miocic has looked like a really large' date=' powerful striker at Heavyweight, in great condition. Beltran is a dog, he went toe to toe with Barry for 15 minutes to lose a close decision. I say Miocic takes it by Knockout and starts turning heads.[/quote']

~Croatian~

Yes! Miocic definitely shows serious promise. Also he has a wrestling pedigree and he is Croatian!

I'm not sure about the Knockout though, as Beltran can take a hit.

~Croatian~

Yes! Miocic definitely shows serious promise. Also he has a wrestling pedigree and he is Croatian!

I'm not sure about the Knockout though' date=' as Beltran can take a hit.[/quote']

Look brah, He's a born and raised American...I have Croatian decent but it's stupid to just label him a Croatian. It's like saying Anderson Silva isn't Brazilian because he's black.

Yes he's a beast though, was MLB worthy baseball player, Golden Gloves boxer, and a highly ranked division 1 wrestler. He's very large, in great shape, if his cardio holds up he's a really promise.

~Google~

Is not picking anything up for me? No offense sir' date=' but I hope you are wrong :P[/quote']

I read on junkie, Beltran hurt his neck in training...

Never said the fight was called off...

Just normally happen's, the coaches call the fight off

when their guy is not 100%...

So I assumed the fight was off....

Guess I'm wrong then - :eek:

BUT if it is called off, you can say you heard it here 1st - LoL

Look brah' date=' He's a born and raised American...I have Croatian decent but it's stupid to just label him a Croatian. It's like saying Anderson Silva isn't Brazilian because he's black. [/b']

Yes he's a beast though, was MLB worthy baseball player, Golden Gloves boxer, and a highly ranked division 1 wrestler. He's very large, in great shape, if his cardio holds up he's a really promise.

~Bump~

It was mostly in jest my friend. A sort of throw away to a certain Croatian who had major success, but yes you are certainly correct.

So why did I post in reply? Well this is a shameless bump to get more votes on my poll!

Come on forum members play with my poll! It's very nice, but a bit undersized as of now. Fear not though, it is a grower.

~Bump~

It was mostly in jest my friend. A sort of throw away to a certain Croatian who had major success' date=' but yes you are certainly correct.

So why did I post in reply? Well this is a shameless bump to get more votes on my poll!

Come on forum members play with my poll! It's very nice, but a bit undersized as of now. Fear not though, it is a grower.[/quote']

I want to note, I think Mirko Cro Cop was one of the best kickboxers to ever live, he just never put everything together like he was capable of. In K-1 I remember watching him and I'd just think to myself "Wow" this guy has amazing technique is his boxing, great speed for a heavyweight and lacking absolutely no power, very aggressive and confident striker. I also remember thinking, his roundhouses to the leg, body and head were ridiculous, his switch, lead and power roundhouses were all killer coming at all targets. He combined them amazingly, he was an absurd striking he beat guys like Bojansky, Aerts an Lebanner in their prime. He really, couldn't put it together in kickboxing for a odd reason, and in MMA it had to do with age and sustaining damage a bit of course but still he always had the world of abilities to do it with.

I want to note' date=' I think Mirko Cro Cop was one of the best kickboxers to ever live, he just never put everything together like he was capable of. In K-1 I remember watching him and I'd just think to myself "Wow" this guy has amazing technique is his boxing, great speed for a heavyweight and lacking absolutely no power, very aggressive and confident striker. I also remember thinking, his roundhouses to the leg, body and head were ridiculous, his switch, lead and power roundhouses were all killer coming at all targets. He combined them amazingly, he was an absurd striking he beat guys like Bojansky, Aerts an Lebanner in their prime. He really, couldn't put it together in kickboxing for a odd reason, and in MMA it had to do with age and sustaining damage a bit of course but still he always had the world of abilities to do it with.[/quote']

I agree with all ill just add what held him back was his head size and structer...he could not take as good of a hit as he threw

He was in my very first non boxing match i saw back in 2002

Ill put my stock in the guy who has ufc level experence in joey

Everyone miocic beat was on the local sence...im not saying the kid cant be good its just he has not even fought in a top 10 promo

Ppl put way to much stock in this guy golden glove

~5~

This is a very reasonable assessment and one that I would not argue greatly with, but my gut tells me Miocic will win this.

Also Beltran is the perfect first fight for him. Beltran will test his cardio and will when Miocic's shots fail to put him out right away. Also Beltran's striking is at the correct level to serve as a measuring stick for Miocic. Not to great, not so horrible. This fight will reveal a lot about Miocic imo.

Also only 5 is slightly below average. I want a giant, throbbing, double digit, poll people!

~5~

This is a very reasonable assessment and one that I would not argue greatly with' date=' but my gut tells me Miocic will win this.

Also Beltran is the perfect first fight for him. Beltran will test his cardio and will when Miocic's shots fail to put him out right away. Also Beltran's striking is at the correct level to serve as a measuring stick for Miocic. Not to great, not so horrible. This fight will reveal a lot about Miocic imo.

Also only 5 is slightly below average. I want a giant, throbbing, double digit, poll people![/quote']

That was very gay at the end....all i got to say is

Heeeeyyyyyy

That was very gay at the end....all i got to say is

Heeeeyyyyyy

~Freudian Slip~

But it is my poll, so if my last comment is an indication of anything it belies an insecurity with my own manhood, rather than latent homosexual tendencies.

Wait this post may indicate a defensive nature. So in conclusion my manhood is lacking and I have a new desire to look fabulous:confused:

Really interested in this fight. Miocic trains at Strong Style in Ohio and they've really got some momentum behind them. Welterweight Chris Lozano and middleweight Brian Rogers, out of the same camp, have been making some noise in Bellator. Beltran is a good measure for how Miocic will fare in the UFC.

Thurston' date=' why do you always do the squiggly line deal???

~Thurston~[/quote']

~Integration~

I find it is easier to become part of a forum community if you have something by which people can recognize you. Without this I am a very unremarkable poster.

And yes Freudian nut-munchers this is an indication of a subconscious desire for attention from a child who was never loved.

Archived