Best Song Covers...

ForrestGriffinFan101

16 Horsepower- Bad Moon Rising

Between the Buried and Me- Three of a Perfect Pair

Jimi Hendrix- All Along the Watchtower

Absolutely. Not only is it good, I would consider it actually better than Dylan's original. (for the sake of this conversation, I'd also point out the cover done by Battlestar Galactic composure Bear McCreary is quite good as well in it's own uniqueness)

Lenny Kravitz's American Woman is enjoyable in it's own right as well.

man' date=' ive been listening to it like non stop.

Ive always liked a couple songs by Cash but never really got into all his music.

Awesome cover by him. Makes the song bigger than it is.[/quote']

Listen to the "Live at Folsom Prison" album -- very unique, and made a dent in music history. San Quentin as well --

Absolutely. Not only is it good' date=' I would consider it actually better than Dylan's original. (for the sake of this conversation, I'd also point out the cover done by Battlestar Galactic composure Bear McCreary is quite good as well in it's own uniqueness)

Lenny Kravitz's American Woman is enjoyable in it's own right as well.[/quote']

One of the best covers ever.

Everyone gets obsessed with "doing a cover justice." Jimi didn't. He aimed to surpass what Bob Dylan did. And I believe he succeeded.

Pantera- Planet Caravan (Black Sabbath cover)

Metallica- Turn the Page (Bob Seger cover)

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Jimi Hendrix cover)

Van Halen- Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison cover)

and of course the already mentioned Johnny Cash- Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover)

The original versions of all these songs are great too.

I always have liked machine heads cover of hallowed be thy name' date=' Jonny cash's hurt, metallicas am I evil?, GnR's covers of Knocking on heavens door and sympathy for the devil.[/quote']

Those are all great. I especially like this recent (2006) GNR version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door." I guess you can't really call Axl and a bunch of random musicians Guns n Roses, but it's a nice take on the song. Has kind of a reggae vibe to it. Check it out.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived