It should be Guillard/Guida for the title shot NOT Bendo

Rumble170cHAMP

Just don't see how Henderson on a two fight win streak against decent/good competition warrants a contender matchup. Brian Stan , for comparison is much more deserving of a shot but hasn't gotten it yet. Guillard, on a 5 fight 4 finish streak is looking much hungrier, and showing he wants it more. henderson just lost to Pettis anyway.

I just don't see how Henderson is better/ranked higher than Guillard.

Just don't see how Henderson on a two fight win streak against decent/good competition warrants a contender matchup. Brian Stan ' date=' for comparison is much more deserving of a shot but hasn't gotten it yet. Guillard, on a 5 fight 4 finish streak is looking much hungrier, and showing he wants it more. henderson just lost to Pettis anyway.

I just don't see how Henderson is better/ranked higher than Guillard.[/quote']

It should be about who deserves it more,

If Guillard beats Lauzon down, It should be guillard for a title shot. Guida is also in the picture too.

I do not think Bendo deserves at all, but that's just my opinion.

It should be about who deserves it more' date='

If Guillard beats Lauzon down, It should be guillard for a title shot. Guida is also in the picture too.

I do not think Bendo deserves at all, but that's just my opinion.[/quote']

he doesn't and guida and guillard both do deserve which is why they should be fighting

Guillard isn't even close to deserving a title shot' date=' Bendo defeated the number one contender in devastating fashion.

You are a troll.[/quote']

That's a valid argument hahaha. It's a weird situation, because Melvin has fought more people in the UFC and has finishes, but hasn't faced the competition Bendo has. IMO whoever wins in the Siver/Cerrone fight, should fight Melvin for a #1 contenders spot, after the winner of Bendo/Guida get their shot.

That's a valid argument hahaha. It's a weird situation' date=' because Melvin has fought more people in the UFC and has finishes, but hasn't faced the competition Bendo has. IMO whoever wins in the Siver/Cerrone fight, should fight Melvin for a #1 contenders spot, after the winner of Bendo/Guida get their shot.[/quote']

Guillard has already beaten Siver. that doesn't make sense

Guillard isn't even close to deserving a title shot' date=' Bendo defeated the number one contender in devastating fashion.

and Brock was deserving of a title shot back in the day when he got submitted by Frank Mir, then beat Heath Herring?

Cmon.

Yeah he has but Siver has won four in a row' date=' and Cerrone is on a tear. I can't think of anyone higher up in the rankings besides Bendo/Guida that a win would earn a title shot.[/quote']

so siver lost to guillard but is on a 4 fight win streak and guillard beat river and is on a 5 fight win streak lol hmm knot adding up still haha. Bendo should be fighting river cerrone winner

That's a valid argument hahaha. It's a weird situation' date=' because Melvin has fought more people in the UFC and has finishes, but hasn't faced the competition Bendo has. IMO whoever wins in the Siver/Cerrone fight, should fight Melvin for a #1 contenders spot, after the winner of Bendo/Guida get their shot.[/quote']

I like this best. +1

Guillard has already beaten Siver. that doesn't make sense

Siver got a lot better, besides, Cowboy WILL put the hurtin' on him, and I guarantee it won't be Guillard vs. Siver II, it'll be Guillard vs. Cowboy.

Bendo beat Miller who Dana said would possibly get a title shot if he won that fight. Did the Guida nutthuggers forget that? Guida is a joke he hasnt earned anything, and would get destroyed in a title fight. Thats exactly why after he saw Bendon destroy Miller Guida was trying to duck him saying he wasnt interested in fighting Ben.

Bendo beat Miller who Dana said would possibly get a title shot if he won that fight. Did the Guida nutthuggers forget that? Guida is a joke he hasnt earned anything' date=' and would get destroyed in a title fight. Thats exactly why after he saw Bendon destroy Miller Guida was trying to duck him saying he wasnt interested in fighting Ben.[/quote']

But yet he is fighting Ben...?

Because he has no choice. He still tryed to duck him and take an easy road to a title shot didnt he? Its on video dont try to deny it

If he really wanted to duck him, he would duck him. Guida has been in the cage with the best. What possibly does Bendo bring to the take that would scare him?

If he really wanted to duck him' date=' he would duck him. Guida has been in the cage with the best. What possibly does Bendo bring to the take that would scare him?[/quote']

Take down defense they only thing anyone needs to beat Guida. Yea Guida has been in there with good guys. Thats exactly why you see clips of those guys kicking Guidas *** on countdown shows all the time.

Guillard isn't even close to deserving a title shot' date=' [b']Bendo defeated the number one contender in devastating fashion.

You are a troll[/b].

I agree with the bolded bit.

Guillard gets a title shot after 2 more wins IMO.

Seriously? No one brings up the fact that Guillard and Guida refuse to fight eachother unless it is for a Title? Anyway, I'll cite it:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/04/melvin-guillard-wouldnt-be-upset-if-gilbert-melendez-gets-title/

"I wouldn't fight my teammate unless it's for the title," Guillard said. "That's the only way me Cowboy {Donald Cerrone) or Clay Guida would ever fight each other. Because at that point, it's about us having our legacy."

Seriously? No one brings up the fact that Guillard and Guida refuse to fight eachother unless it is for a Title? Anyway' date=' I'll cite it:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/04/melvin-guillard-wouldnt-be-upset-if-gilbert-melendez-gets-title/[/quote']

Although i understand where they're coming from i disagree with it...

Always thought that teammates should fight each other. Its a sport they basically fight each other every day in the gym sparring and everything. Why not make it official.

Yea it sucks making your teammate slip down the rankings but like i said..

its a sport. And if you would play your friends in any other sport in the world you should be able to do it in mma.

This. Period.

Jim Miller was set to be the next guy to fight for the title after Edgar/Maynard III was over. Bendo came in and beat his *** down. Now, Bendo is set to fight Guida, who just beat Pettis who was supposed to have the next shot at Edgar before Maynard cried fowl.

So, Bendo just beat the divisions #3 guy and is now set to take on either it's #4 or #5, depending on where you rank Bendo.

Compare that to Guillard who's fighting Joe Lauzon. Lauzon? Really? As much as I like the guy, he's barely a gatekeeper in the division.

Bendo deserves the chance to fight Guida for the next title shot, by far.

After Edgar and Maynard finally settle (if it's a draw again and Dana sets up another rematch, I might kill one of those fighters to do the LW division a favor), there's a string of contenders.

Bendo - Guida

Bendo's been a force in the WEC and has performed well so far in the UFC and has shown quality ability.

Guida has been on a hot streak with notably improved grappling and has become better at control and submissions.

Guillard - He has looked improved though so far he hasn't really faced any of the top LWs

Cerrone - He's been one of the better LWs in the WEC and has been doing well in the UFC. one or two wins and he's possibly fighting for the belt.

Siver - He has been a fringe contender for a bit, and needs to string a few together to get higher in the picture.

Miller - Needs a tune up fight or two then a couple top matches and he's in the spotlight again

Pettis - Same as Miller

Penn, Sanchez, or Florian moving back to 155 could crowd the potential contender pack even more.

Guida subbed Gugerty, broke Dos Anjos' jaw, subbed Gomi, very nearly subbed Pettis....and he's not dangerous?

Please...when has Edgar used his wrestling that effectively? Or Maynard for that matter? Combined Edgar and Maynard have less finishes than just Guida.

Archived