My friend wants to become a photographer

RashadP4P1

From my understanding the only real money from is in portrait photography. Taking family pictures, wedding engagement photos, performance headshots, etc. But if they've managed to find a viable means to support themselves doing something they love, I would consider them exceptionally lucky and as a friend you should support them pursuing their passion.

From my understanding the only real money from is in portrait photography. Taking family pictures' date=' wedding engagement photos, performance headshots, etc. But if they've managed to find a viable means to support themselves doing something they love, I would consider them exceptionally lucky and as a friend you should support them pursuing their passion.[/quote']

So you don't think that they should have a plan b?

So you don't think that they should have a plan b?

I think everyone should have a contingency plan, weather they are a budding musician, an investment banker, middle management at a Fortune 500, or a photographer. Nobody knows what tomorrow brings, and the more diversity you have in what you can offer to the world the better. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't support them in their current endeavors. If they're able to make a living off it right now and they enjoy what they're doing, I'd suggest they're far better off than a majority of the world currently.

From my understanding the only real money from is in portrait photography. Taking family pictures' date=' wedding engagement photos, performance headshots, etc. But if they've managed to find a viable means to support themselves doing something they love, I would consider them exceptionally lucky and as a friend you should support them pursuing their passion.[/quote']

If you can get a few school gigs it's golden.

Archived