Alistair Overeem vs. Brock Lesnar is tough to call

A_Gabrail777

Considering they are close in size' date=' the determine factor for Overeem is how will he do against the level of Wrestling Brock Lesnar has, and has Brock Lesnar improved on his striking if he has a hard time getting Overeem down not to freak out when he gets hit and Turtle up?[/quote']

Agreed.

Go watch Overeem vs Brett Rogers..

Overeem jumped out and demolished Rogers by pure power alone...

And Rogers can take alot more punishment and fight back than Lensar can..

Unless Lesnar has learned to take a punch or egt lucky catching a knee, he will get TKOed badly

I would love nothing more than to see Brock turtle up once again. But being realistic, Overeem isn't going to stuff his takedowns. And for a guy with a bad gas tank its going to be a rough go in a 5 round fight being under a behemoth like Brock. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he turtles Brock up into retirement.

Those of you who say brock needed to work on his striking for this fight are off by far

Brocks striking will never be up to par to stand with overeem so dont expect him to be ok on the feet

What he need to work on was his striking defence and reaction to be rocked

His only chance it to get it on the ground and offten

I don't think Brock will be able to handle Alistair's strikes if I'm honest.

I predict Brock catching one of the reems knees to the face when looking for a takedown and going sleepy byes

i feel pretty safe to say that brock is going to get reemed

^ this lesnar is coming off an injury and the worst whooping of his life how will this mentaly effect him....i doubt he will win

facepalm_implied.jpg

I predict Brock catching one of the reems knees to the face when looking for a takedown and going sleepy byes

If you watch enough MMA, you'll realize that this almost NEVER happens because throwing a leg up on someone shooting in on you practically guarantees that you're gonna get taken down. You're actually making it THAT much easier for the guy. Wrestlers in particular are hard-wired and conditioned to look for those openings, which is why they're so quick to capitalize on dudes who throw kicks.

If you analyzed the fight with Werdum, you'd see that Overeem was very apprehensive about the TD and his whole striking game suffered for it. Fabricio shot in like 30 times and not once was he even close to eating anything on his way. The dude is pretty slow, too.

If you watch enough MMA' date=' you'll realize that this almost NEVER happens because throwing a leg up on someone shooting in on you practically guarantees that you're gonna get taken down. You're actually making it THAT much easier for the guy. Wrestlers in particular are hard-wired and conditioned to look for those openings, which is why they're so quick to capitalize on dudes who throw kicks.

If you analyzed the fight with Werdum, you'd see that Overeem was very apprehensive about the TD and his whole striking game suffered for it. Fabricio shot in like 30 times and not once was he even close to eating anything on his way. The dude is pretty slow, too.[/quote']

Bingo.

I thought Lesnar would demolish Cain. Figured after Carwin he had something to prove and thought Cain was too small to deal with him.

Not betting on Lesnar this time around although I admit, I do like the guy. He brings a lot of attention to the sport and has had exciting fights every time. I don't care if he is a good guy or an ******. I don't know him personally nor is it likely I ever will. I do like watching him fight though because he is entertaining and brings it. No one can say he isn't giving it his all every time.

Overeem has this one though.

Archived