Matt Wiman Happy To "Leave It In The Hands Of The Judges"

farrelly

How many times have you Addicts heard UFC President Dana White, tell his fighters "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges". With judging decisions often being a lottery rather than a legitimate reflection of the fight, Dana White simply wants his fighters to settle matters themselves.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-News_4889_Matt-Wiman-Happy-To-quotLeave-It-In-The-Hands-Of.php

How many times have you Addicts heard UFC President Dana White' date=' tell his fighters "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges". With judging decisions often being a lottery rather than a legitimate reflection of the fight, Dana White simply wants his fighters to settle matters themselves.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-News_4889_Matt-Wiman-Happy-To-quotLeave-It-In-The-Hands-Of.php[/quote']

I think if Wiman cried more they would have decided to overrule the decision for Siver and give it back to him.

Dana knows that they can't finish everytime. He also knows that the judging is terrible sometimes and there is a chance that the fighter is going to get screwed if it goes to a decision. Until they can get consistent judges then there's a chance that the decision won't go your way even if you should have won the fight.

This was a great article.

"It kind of bugs me. I'm not one to get too worked up, but when you get two guys that are so evenly matched and at such a high level, sometimes time runs out."

I am fine with decisions when it is due to two fighters being evenly matched. Its when you have a one sided fight that goes to decision because the dominate fighter is incapable of finishing that I find annoying.

How many times have you Addicts heard UFC President Dana White' date=' tell his fighters "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges". With judging decisions often being a lottery rather than a legitimate reflection of the fight, Dana White simply wants his fighters to settle matters themselves.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-News_4889_Matt-Wiman-Happy-To-quotLeave-It-In-The-Hands-Of.php[/quote']

Wimans 100% right...I've always hated when Dana said dont leave it in the hands of the judges.

I mam sorry but its true. How many fighters have lost fights due to bad judging?

But that just means that the judging needs to be fixed!

Its always easier said than done that you can finish someone. And if you go for the kill you can leave yourself opened and end up getting finished yourself.

Bottom line sometimes 15 or 25 minutes aren't always enough time to finish an opponet.

Especially when they're at the level that these UFC fighters are.

But that just means that the judging needs to be fixed!

Its always easier said than done that you can finish someone. And if you go for the kill you can leave yourself opened and end up getting finished yourself.

Bottom line sometimes 15 or 25 minutes aren't always enough time to finish an opponet.

Especially when they're at the level that these UFC fighters are.

And if you dont finish somebody you increase your chances of them getting a lucky shot and beating you. Furthermore, there appears to be an over emphasis on these guys being so high level that they can't be finished. This is a fallacy. If it were true, everybody in the UFC would be unfinishable. Finishing takes a high degree of skill and some people are more successful at it than others.

And if you dont finish somebody you increase your chances of them getting a lucky shot and beating you. Furthermore' date=' there appears to be an over emphasis on these guys being so high level that they can't be finished[/b']. This is a fallacy. If it were true, everybody in the UFC would be unfinishable. Finishing takes a high degree of skill and some people are more successful at it than others.

I would take my skills as a chance to finish someone over them getting lucky any day.

Of course everyone can be finished but since it is such a high level it certaintly makes it harder. With the better fighter comes better defense.

I agree finishing is definitely a skill and requires that instinct to finish the fight but sometimes it doesn't work out that way... A good example of that would be..

Anderson Silva vs Damien Maia

Wiman is one of my favorite lightweights, but his recent 2 fights make me wonder how the heck he destroyed Cole Miller so badly.

EDIT: If that version of Matt Wiman showed up to every fight, he would have murdered Siver, and murdered Mac Danzig.

I would take my skills as a chance to finish someone over them getting lucky any day.

Of course everyone can be finished but since it is such a high level it certaintly makes it harder. With the better fighter comes better defense.

I agree finishing is definitely a skill and requires that instinct to finish the fight but sometimes it doesn't work out that way... A good example of that would be..

Anderson Silva vs Damien Maia

Anderson should of went in there with the intention of fighting, but instead he played it safe for five rounds. Furthermore, as fighters improve their defence, fighters also improve their finishing capability or they fall behind. These two trends of improvement will always balance each other out. So we will never see a time when we have nearly zero finishes becasue everbodys defence is so good, because their offence will improve as well.

I agree and disagree....i understand when 2 fighters are evenly matched yea they go to decision....but when a fighter(cough, GSP,Frankie Edgar,evans(for his 2 fights before tito), and other assorted point fighters) doesnt GO for the finish, they are happy with getting a decision and wining on points...HERE IS A QUOTE(give or take some words)

Frankie Edgar-"I think if i utilize my wrestling a bit and get some take downs, it can win me some rounds and get me the fight".....WHAT?!?!?!??!!? THATS the mentality of a ****ing champion? to win on points? THAT is what ppl dnt like....:mad:

I agree and disagree....i understand when 2 fighters are evenly matched yea they go to decision....but when a fighter(cough' date=' GSP,Frankie Edgar,evans(for his 2 fights before tito), and other assorted point fighters) doesnt GO for the finish, they are happy with getting a decision and wining on points...HERE IS A QUOTE(give or take some words)

Frankie Edgar-"I think if i utilize my wrestling a bit and get some take downs, it can win me some rounds and get me the fight".....WHAT?!?!?!??!!? THATS the mentality of a ****ing champion? to win on points? THAT is what ppl dnt like....:mad:[/quote']

But to me if Frankie goes out and give caution to the wind then he'll probably won't win his fights. What makes him so great is he can outstrike and just batter his opponent.

Also, If you really look at the recent fights he fought to a decision its all on fighters who are hard to finish and / or barely been finished ever.

I agree and disagree....i understand when 2 fighters are evenly matched yea they go to decision....but when a fighter(cough' date=' GSP,Frankie Edgar,evans(for his 2 fights before tito), and other assorted point fighters) doesnt GO for the finish, they are happy with getting a decision and wining on points...HERE IS A QUOTE(give or take some words)

Frankie Edgar-"I think if i utilize my wrestling a bit and get some take downs, it can win me some rounds and get me the fight".....WHAT?!?!?!??!!? THATS the mentality of a ****ing champion? to win on points? THAT is what ppl dnt like....:mad:[/quote']

Exactly. Point fighting is ruining the sport. Each fighter should fight as if there was no decision. In other words, they should fight their best.

Archived