Dear Joe Silva...

Me_Against_The_World

Would it not be a much more intelligent choice to have for UFC 136.

Melvin Guillard vs Anthony Pettis

and

Jeremy Stephens vs Joe Lauzon

This really seems too obvious, it's like they didn't even try to put together the most deserving and competitive fights. They might as well of given Melvin Guillard a Bantamweight.

Are you kidding? Lauzon is no slouch.

Pettis and Guillard will meet eventually anyways.

He's not ranked top 15 in the division, where Guillard is right around 5th. I'm not saying who is or isn't a slouch, but I don't think this fight will be competitive and I know it's not a deserving matchup.

Lauzon and Stevens rematch, makes a lot of sense when Lauzon beat Stephens he had no real name, but Stephens has picked up a lot of success since then, while Lauzon has consistently been dangerous but also not about to build any kind of streak.Also has had a lot of cardio problems. Both guys is close to the same position, winner gets put back into the spotlight.

Anthony Pettis, very dynamic striker, all around a great fighter also, easily ranked in the top 10 I'd say and will be higher eventually, has great talent and solid wins. Guillard is a destroyer only against low competition, he has looked bad against Tibau, Torres and Stephens and needs a big named, well rounded and fellow dangerous striker to prove his legitimacy.

I mean really, this is how it should have went down.

U know what i agree with you op it does make more since

But mevlin did ask for joe so idk

And i guess silva wanted to keep pettis and melvin aways from eachother til one has a belt which i doubt will happen

Silva normaly keeps the #1 and #2 in a certain skill aways from eachother til one has the belt...think nog vs. Mir

U know what i agree with you op it does make more since

But mevlin did ask for joe so idk

And i guess silva wanted to keep pettis and melvin aways from eachother til one has a belt which i doubt will happen

Silva normaly keeps the #1 and #2 in a certain skill aways from eachother til one has the belt...think nog vs. Mir

He better matchup Pettis/Stephens with Cerrone/Siver then or I'm knocking on his door and taking his job.

I agree, you have to have Pettis and Guillard as very strong favourites in their fights and when you consider ranking and fight relevance to rankings, Pettis v Guillard and Stephens v Lauzon makes more sense...

I can only imagine that the thinking is Pettis needs a win to get back up from the disappointing loss to Guida, and with the title back-up in LW division they just wanted to keep Guillard busy whilst not putting him a 'risky' fight.

Pettis v Guillard with the winner facing the winner of Cerrone v Siver is far more relevant to the rankings and potential title shot down the line...

Would it not be a much more intelligent choice to have for UFC 136.

Melvin Guillard vs Anthony Pettis

and

Jeremy Stephens vs Joe Lauzon

This really seems too obvious' date=' it's like they didn't even try to put together the most deserving and competitive fights. They might as well of given Melvin Guillard a Bantamweight.[/quote']

This is exactly what I thought initially when I saw the card

Archived