Remember when you were small and everybody use to be afraid

RashadP4P1

Of Chinese people because they knew karate and kungfu . There this one Chinese kid in my class who everybody was scared of because he knew karate and kungfu and he was a black belt. From watching the UFC I learned that he was a big joke because karate and kungfu are weak disciplines and people shouldn't be afraid of them because of there ability to high kick and break hollywood prop woods with there hands. If I see that same chinese guy I would fight him. I am a wrestler and we all know that wrestling wins fights

lol that was funny, but if it weren't for Machida's wrestling and bjj he wouldn't have won that fight.. OP is 100% correct.. i had a guy ask me this in class the other day (i teach submission grappling) he asked if i though i could beat the best kung fu guy in the world.. I said without a doubt, double leg submission and it's over, he said what about bruce lee.. I said if bruce lee were still alive he would be a blackbelt in bjj and a great wrestler because he ALWAYS wanted to be the best at the top martial arts.. as of who he was when he did then yes

lol that was funny' date=' but if it weren't for Machida's wrestling and bjj he wouldn't have won that fight.. OP is 100% correct.. i had a guy ask me this in class the other day (i teach submission grappling) he asked if i though i could beat the best kung fu guy in the world.. I said without a doubt, double leg submission and it's over, he said what about bruce lee.. I said if bruce lee were still alive he would be a blackbelt in bjj and a great wrestler because he ALWAYS wanted to be the best at the top martial arts.. as of who he was when he did then yes[/quote']

cool story bro :cool:

Of Chinese people because they knew karate and kungfu . There this one Chinese kid in my class who everybody was scared of because he knew karate and kungfu and he was a black belt. From watching the UFC I learned that he was a big joke because karate and kungfu are weak disciplines and people shouldn't be afraid of them because of there ability to high kick and break hollywood prop woods with there hands. If I see that same chinese guy I would fight him. I am a wrestler and we all know that wrestling wins fights

Wrestling wins points. Kicks and punches win fights.

lol that was funny' date=' but if it weren't for Machida's wrestling and bjj he wouldn't have won that fight.. OP is 100% correct.. i had a guy ask me this in class the other day (i teach submission grappling) he asked if i though i could beat the best kung fu guy in the world.. I said without a doubt, double leg submission and it's over, he said what about bruce lee.. I said if bruce lee were still alive he would be a blackbelt in bjj and a great wrestler because he ALWAYS wanted to be the best at the top martial arts.. as of who he was when he did then yes[/quote']

^You have never done real martial arts, you may have done submission grappling and rolled but you have never done real martial arts. This level of arragonce and ignorance is unbelieve for someone who actually trains. I feel bad for your teacher.

You should go ahead and pick a fight with a moving car. Really, it'd be the smartest move you could make in the pitiful worthless waste of time you call a life.

haha. you would get knocked out in one shot. Even if you did take them down, Kung Fu has a ground fighting system, so you literally have near zero chance. Kung Fu black belts aren't just handed out, they're hard earned

Have you ever entered a Kung Fu grappling tournament?

Wrestling wins points. Kicks and punches win fights.

Yes' date=' especially on the streets.

quit trolling..

punches and kicks dont win fights, they get u taken down and owned by a wrestler

in an mma fight with rules, possibly, in a real fight, no.

haha. you would get knocked out in one shot. Even if you did take them down' date=' Kung Fu has a ground fighting system, so you literally have near zero chance. Kung Fu black belts aren't just handed out, they're hard earned[/quote']

Exactly. Best post so far.

wrestling is important, and jiu jitsu is great, until someone is hitting you in the face.

• 3 weeks later...

As funny as the Rashad pic was in this thread (and always will be in any application, regardless), it's ultimately irrelevant. All high level mixed martial artists train in all the major aspects of the sport these days. While Rashad and Machida come from different backgrounds, they both are mixed martial artists. It was not a wrestler versus karate practictioner - you'd have to go back to the UFC in 93-94 to see that.

We quickly found out what skill sets were effective when you pitted style against style, without crosstraining. Grapplers clearly ruled the day at that time. Wrestling and Jujutsu have proven themselves to be the most effective arts in the context of MMA. If Kung Fu's ground game was as effective, you'd probably see it used at least by someone. This is not a slam against kung fu, however.

Actually, the transliteration from which we get "Kung Fu" is a bit of a misnomer. Your "kung fu" is your mastery of something. A concert violinist's kung fu would be playing the violin. Kung Fu is just as generic of a name as Karate is. Most practictioners of the latter will say they train in Shotokan, Kenpo, etc. Kung fu is largely the same way.

Again, traditional martial arts aren't just about fighting techniques and certainly aren't about being able to win a street fight. There's the whole discipline, philosophy, and mystical aspects as well. Tai Chi is a great system, even though it's not geared toward self defense. Traditional martial arts are great for a whole host of reasons other than learning how to fight.

You know what wins fights on the streets? Guns.

Lol you re so full of ****. I practice bjj too but to claim supremacy like that over the other types is dumb. If the guy ghat asked you this is a black belt then alright. But if its a white or blue belt he might as well get ktfo theres more to karate and kung fu than highkicks.

Besides bjj is a purely sports oriented discipline. In the street the last thing you want is to go on the ground. Its also useless against multiple attackers and it leaves so many openings for dirty moves that just happen to be illegal in mma. The rules were tailored to favor the gracies when all this started. To **** on other styles like you re doing is unworthy of a martial arts teacher.

As funny as the Rashad pic was in this thread (and always will be in any application' date=' regardless), it's ultimately irrelevant. All high level mixed martial artists train in all the major aspects of the sport these days. While Rashad and Machida come from different backgrounds, they both are mixed martial artists. It was not a wrestler versus karate practictioner - you'd have to go back to the UFC in 93-94 to see that.

We quickly found out what skill sets were effective when you pitted style against style, without crosstraining. Grapplers clearly ruled the day at that time. Wrestling and Jujutsu have proven themselves to be the most effective arts in the context of MMA. If Kung Fu's ground game was as effective, you'd probably see it used at least by someone. This is not a slam against kung fu, however.

Actually, the transliteration from which we get "Kung Fu" is a bit of a misnomer. Your "kung fu" is your mastery of something. A concert violinist's kung fu would be playing the violin. Kung Fu is just as generic of a name as Karate is. Most practictioners of the latter will say they train in Shotokan, Kenpo, etc. Kung fu is largely the same way.

Again, traditional martial arts aren't just about fighting techniques and certainly aren't about being able to win a street fight. There's the whole discipline, philosophy, and mystical aspects as well. Tai Chi is a great system, even though it's not geared toward self defense. Traditional martial arts are great for a whole host of reasons other than learning how to fight.

You know what wins fights on the streets? Guns.[/quote']

I'd +1 you, but it'd put your post to shame.

+100000000000000000000.

Exaggeration? Hell no.

Lol you re so full of ****. I practice bjj too but to claim supremacy like that over the other types is dumb. If the guy ghat asked you this is a black belt then alright. But if its a white or blue belt he might as well get ktfo theres more to karate and kung fu than highkicks.

Besides bjj is a purely sports oriented discipline. In the street the last thing you want is to go on the ground. Its also useless against multiple attackers and it leaves so many openings for dirty moves that just happen to be illegal in mma. The rules were tailored to favor the gracies when all this started. To **** on other styles like you re doing is unworthy of a martial arts teacher.

^+9999999999999999999999

This guy actually trains and isnt an arragont or ignorant wanna be tough guy.

From Watching UFC 1 you should note that its White people doing Kung Fu and Karate.. Watered down at best sorta like Rex Kwon Do.. Pick a fight with a chinese kid who knows Sanda and see if you dont go to the hospital tuff guy.. You have been UFC'd.. Your beyond foolish if you dont understand it comes down to the practitioner of the martial art. Say you went to China and fought a kid your age and size that practiced Sanda all their lives. In China you would represent wrestling and after that kid destroys you they will think wresting is for loud mouth white kids that speak before they think even though thats not the case..MMA is a Sport with rules you dont want to get punched or kicked the neck or in the back of the head by someone who feels you disrespected their art form because of what you saw on UFC 1... Just Saying.

Did you just say you can sub Bruce Lee? Wow someone is feeling themselves. You are a Horrible teacher and your false unproven confidence might get one of your students hurt or killed.

Just to get this straight you believe in your mind your fast enough to shoot for a takedown on Bruce Lee hold him down and Sub him? You would get owned by a 57 Jackie Chan today you think you could beat Bruce in his 20's.. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Retarded..

Archived