UK MMA Super Six: The Bouts To Watch Out For In October

MMAUnltd

Here's a look at some of the UK MMA bouts coming up in October that demand your attention. E.g. this one from this weekend at Cage Contender in Belfast:

Norman Parke vs. Marcos Nardini

Cage Contender 11

Kings Hall, Belfast. October 8th

Cage Contender have quietly slipped in this late addition to the card following a pullout from Myles Price. However, it is now a more intriguing battle because the clash of styles has changed drastically.

The man filling the vacant slot in the lightweight title matchup is Marcos Nardini ? a BJJ black belt that resides in Scotland and fights out of the Dinky Ninja Fight Team. Nardini has been campaigning at featherweight and defeated Olivier Pastor before losing a decision to former European number-one Sergej Grecicho.

He hasn?t had the luxury of any easy bouts or ?tune-up fights? in his career, and he gets right back to the tough encounters against Parke.

Parke is a talented wrestler with a dominant top game and good submissions. Although his submission game may not quite be on the same level as Nardini?s, Grecicho showed that it is possible to dominate him from the top.

Parke will have the size advantage and the ability to dictate where the fight takes place, but Nardini is a class act on the mat and one wrong move can signal the end of the fight.

This is a great bout that supports the main event for the heavyweight title; UFC veterans Colin Robinson and Neil Wain square off in a bout that surely won?t go the distance.

The rest are here:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1729/uk-mma-super-six-october-2011.htm

Check 'em out!

Or how about this:

Jimi Manuwa vs. Nick Chapman

Cage Rage UK 24

The Troxy, London. October 22nd

Injuries have really set Jimi Manuwa (9-0) back following his spectacular win over Valentino Petrescu at UCMMA 14. It has been well over a year since the Londoner has been in action and, although earlier returns were scheduled, only now is he ready to return to the cage.

Talk of UFC offers and moving on to the big shows can be sidelined until Manuwa gets himself back on the shelf and active, and he’ll do just that in London when he meets fellow undefeated light-heavyweight Nick Chapman (4-0).

Manuwa has the firepower to dispatch any light-heavyweight in Europe, but he hasn’t been tested on the mat or dragged into the trenches. This is what the strong Chapman will intend to do, although he is coming in as huge underdog.

Manuwa will be looking to add another name to his knockout list (with his nine wins being comprised of 8 T/KOs and 1 submission) but “The Headhunter” hasn’t prepared to lose, and will be looking to use his physicality and submission skills to derail the hype train.

Whether he’s been thrown in at the deep end too early remains to be seen, but a ring rusty Manuwa might be his best opportunity to make a name for himself. Chapman will be up against it though, and it will be interesting to see how he handles “The Poster Boy” in the main event at Cage rage UK 24.

The Plumb vs. Pastou rematch is also on the cards, along with Czerwinski vs. Hawkins and Doski vs. Omoyele.

Manuwa's opponent Nick Chapman faces by far the toughest test of his career at Cage Rage UK 24 on October 22nd. He knows he's in for a tough old night, but he's not going to trouble himself worrying about what Manuwa wants to do, instead focusing on a gameplan he believes can hand the "Posterboy" his first loss:

Jimi is obviously a strong striker with eight of his wins coming via TKO. Do you plan to stand with Jimi or use you strong ground game?

I train in every area and although I have a game plan (a secret one), I will be prepared to fight wherever the fight dictates. I do not allow myself to have strengths and weaknesses. I very quickly focus on areas that are lacking, and develop them to be as rounded a fighter as I possibly can.

Have you watched Jimi's previous fights or do you just concentrate on your own game and skills?

I care not,what Jimi is going to be doing. I feel that will detract me from my game plan. I am only concerned on what I have to do in order to win. I have learnt not to waste time and energy on uncontrollable. That being said, I have seen Jimi's fights and i have a good understanding of his style.

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/179/nick-chapman-interview-jimi-manuwa-cage-rage-uk-24.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived