UFC 140 - Jones vs Machida

Zombiain

So by beating a 386 year old man after losing 2 (maybe 3) in a row... you get a title fight?

Say what?

Props for being the first to post bro ;)

I do think it is too early for Machida, but then we all know that currently in the division there is only two fighters that realistically could beat JBJ: Evans or Machida.

Just think, if Shogun beats Hendo and Machida beats JBJ for the title, we could very well have Machida v Shogun 3 for the title :eek:

Then again, what happens if the above plays out and then Evans is healthy again...???

Props for being the first to post bro ;)

I do think it is too early for Machida' date=' but then we all know that currently in the division there is only two fighters that realistically could beat JBJ: Evans or Machida.

Just think, if Shogun beats Hendo and Machida beats JBJ for the title, we could very well have Machida v Shogun 3 for the title :eek:

Then again, what happens if the above plays out and then Evans is healthy again...???[/quote']

You're right, everything is all very much up in the air... I think Tito gets the next shot. LOLLERSKATES!

Coz Evans is injured' date=' still has metal pins in his hand, he wont be able to begin to even train for another 2 months![/quote']

Ah, I see, I thought i saw somewhere yesterday Rashad was going to be cleared by today...

Tbh I would rather see this fight anyways....Jones woldn't be tested by Rashad anyways, only Machida or Anderson will show the true colors of the champ

Ah, I was really hoping to see Jones smash Evans, but Machida is definitly a better fight. Just don't know who to pick.

Wait... didn't Dana not make Evans vs. Machida (when Evans fought Tito) because he wanted more money... isn't a headlining title fight going to to make even more money than just a headline???

Tito was more of a gimmie win than Hamill for Page or Couture for Machida. Evans needs to fight someone (Phil Davis) before another title shot oppurtunity.

Great match. 136 looks amazing, as does 137, Cain Vs JDS, now 140 gets this. Sucks for the UK at 138 though- Leben Vs Munoz!?

Pity for Rashad though; I know he's injured, but Jones has been kinda rushed, wait another two events Rashad could have his promised shot. This way if they both win the same situation could easily happen again.

Still, should be a cracking fight.

Archived