Why is Phil Davis even in the title picture?

LMFAO

Who said phil Davis gets the next shot??? Link???

He doesn't have the next shot but Dana gave Machida the shot saying "Rashad and Davis are injured", I don't know why he's in that conversation. And I do think Bader vs Davis is a great match up.

Depending on timing and who's available Davis is way down the line. But if there's a situation where he's the only one available, then he must be known as a contender from a business point of view to make it seem like he's a credible opponent for the champ. It's all about the $$

Why is Machida getting a title shot after 2 losses and then a win over Randy Couture? Phil Davis is on 4 fight win streak in the UFC' date=' he should be way higher than Machida.[/quote']

He's Bader 2.0. At this point he's Mr. Average. He hasn't proven he's Mr. Wonderful yet imo. He's got potential but i don't think he's ready yet.

Machida is a former champion and has proven he can hang with the top of the division.

Like Rising comic said timing and injuries is the reason Machida is getting the shot so soon.

He's Bader 2.0. At this point he's Mr. Average. He hasn't proven he's Mr. Wonderful yet imo. He's got potential but i don't think he's ready yet.

Machida is a former champion and has proven he can hang with the top of the division.

Like Rising comic said timing and injuries is the reason Machida is getting the shot so soon.

+1 Machida has been there before so lets kill some time, get him back in there at the very elite level see what he can do back in the spotlight, until these prospects get some experience under there belt like Phil davis gustaffson etc,

I do not think he is in the title picture. I think he is just a younger prospect that people are excited for.

Speaking of' date=' Davis Vs Bader wouldn't be bad.[/quote']

Naw davis would beat bader with better wrestling and jitz....baders striking consits of an over hand right and thats it

Joe silva will not risk bader losing anymore steam

Archived