Why do Asian fighters suck

shinyaaoki

I am really waiting for an Asian fighter to dominate the UFC. But so far every asian fighter has been total disappointment. Asia is where martial arts was founded, so why aren't there more Asian champs. Kim ko'd by Condit, Dongi Yang loses to McGee, Okami close but no cigar, even the hot prospects that are imported from japan have been disappointing; kid yamamoto, gomi, sexyama, all have been losing. I'll even throw in Aoki, who came to strike force only to be dominated by Melendez. WTF Asians?

I am really waiting for an Asian fighter to dominate the UFC. But so far every asian fighter has been total disappointment. Asia is where martial arts was founded' date=' so why aren't there more Asian champs. Kim ko'd by Condit, Dongi Yang loses to McGee, Okami close but no cigar, even the hot prospects that are imported from japan have been disappointing; kid yamamoto, gomi, sexyama, all have been losing. I'll even throw in Aoki, who came to strike force only to be dominated by Melendez. WTF Asians?[/quote']

219chlz.gif

Judo is a good martial art but its hard to apply in the cage

Karo was the best I've seen (yes I know he's not asian), Akiyama has been a let down in that regard, I didn't know anything about him but heard he was a 3rd Dan Judoka and got excited, proper let down

That being said he might be able to grapple more effectively at 170

yes' date=' he associates himself more closely to brazilian than his asian half.[/quote']

He is often seen as Brazilian because he was born there. If he was born in Japan, they would consider him Japanese. Either way being born in Brazil to a Shotokan Karate master is a good recipe for a fighter. Learn karate, then go learn BJJ. Also I just found out Machida has a young son, less then a year old I think. Start training him now, and put him in a triple threat match with the Rufio brothers at UFC 420.

I am really waiting for an Asian fighter to dominate the UFC. But so far every asian fighter has been total disappointment. Asia is where martial arts was founded' date=' so why aren't there more Asian champs. Kim ko'd by Condit, Dongi Yang loses to McGee, Okami close but no cigar, even the hot prospects that are imported from japan have been disappointing; kid yamamoto, gomi, sexyama, all have been losing. I'll even throw in Aoki, who came to strike force only to be dominated by Melendez. WTF Asians?[/quote']

1 word WRESTLING

• 1 month later...

Oh the irony.. Asians went from the top fighters to.. umm yeah, second to America. I am as many are, greatly disappointed by this. It would be nice to see some top of the notch Asian players in the mix. And you'd think that growing up in an Asian country would give them an advantage considering most of the fighting styles used today originated from the Asian cultures. However, factors of vital importance may have determined who will be ontop, for the time being that is. For some reason whenever I see an Asian competing in a fighting competition I seem to favor them over the opposing player who isn't Asian. Yet I never saw this coming by any means. Not that I'm desperate to see an Asian mow down the competition.nor should we ever judge someone on their race having anything to do with their fighting capability as some do unfortunately. I do expect that those people from other countries in general, especially Asia, to become more prone to compete in the UFC. Heck, I'm sure there are plenty of Asians who watch and want to compete, in the UFC. For example: Donnie Yen, but I doubt he'll actually compete considering his age and all.

Oh the irony.. Asians went from the top fighters to.. umm yeah' date=' second to America. I am as many are, greatly disappointed by this. It would be nice to see some top of the notch Asian players in the mix. And you'd think that growing up in an Asian country would give them an advantage considering most of the fighting styles used today originated from the Asian cultures. However, factors of vital importance may have determined who will be ontop, for the time being that is. For some reason whenever I see an Asian competing in a fighting competition I seem to favor them over the opposing player who isn't Asian. Yet I never saw this coming by any means. Not that I'm desperate to see an Asian mow down the competition.nor should we ever judge someone on their race having anything to do with their fighting capability as some do unfortunately. I do expect that those people from other countries in general, especially Asia, to become more prone to compete in the UFC. Heck, I'm sure there are plenty of Asians who watch and want to compete, in the UFC. For example: Donnie Yen, but I doubt he'll actually compete considering his age and all.[/quote']

As a whole Brazilians are the best. Always have been.

He is often seen as Brazilian because he was born there. If he was born in Japan' date=' they would consider him Japanese. Either way being born in Brazil to a Shotokan Karate master is a good recipe for a fighter. Learn karate, then go learn BJJ.[b'] Also I just found out Machida has a young son, less then a year old I think. Start training him now, and put him in a triple threat match with the Rufio brothers at UFC 420.[/b]

just like his father, he will crane-kick randy couture at ufc 400

I can explain this one easy. Kung Fu........ Kung Fu was believed to be the best martial art for ages, because of hype and tv and yadda yadda.

As it turns out, Kung Fu was as useless as Capoeira. All show, not results. It took CENTURIES to provide this information but it came around. The testers at Deadliest Warrior informed everyone. But the little known and/or MOST valued fact of MMA was told by Deadliest Warrior. Ju Jitsu was passed down by....none other than..........yep, thats right...THE NINJA'S!

I can explain this one easy. Kung Fu........ Kung Fu was believed to be the best martial art for ages' date=' because of hype and tv and yadda yadda.

As it turns out, Kung Fu was as useless as Capoeira. All show, not results. It took CENTURIES to provide this information but it came around. The testers at Deadliest Warrior informed everyone. But the little known and/or MOST valued fact of MMA was told by Deadliest Warrior. Ju Jitsu was passed down by....none other than..........yep, thats right...THE NINJA'S![/quote']

im pretty sure it was the samurai, but yes jigaro kano unified the martial art and brought it to brazil and the rest is history, the gracies modernized and expanded it into what it is.

the contributions have been very effective, just the practitioners are lacking. everyone uses muay thai...anderson silva has been a champ for a long time being an elite muay thai style striker. the thai people end up just being muay thai practitioners and thats it....look at a guy like pruakaw...if he had learned the entire game hed be destroying peoplego

akiyama barely uses his judo because he is such a sportsman he would rather go out on his shield , which is admirable but hasnt done much for him in ufc

i think in time we will see guys adapt, id love to see high level tkd and muay thai players learn a complete game and showcase what they can do. cung le is a great example of the potential there

I can explain this one easy. Kung Fu........ Kung Fu was believed to be the best martial art for ages, because of hype and tv and yadda yadda.

As it turns out, Kung Fu was as useless as Capoeira. All show, not results. It took CENTURIES to provide this information but it came around. The testers at Deadliest Warrior informed everyone. But the little known and/or MOST valued fact of MMA was told by Deadliest Warrior. Ju Jitsu was passed down by....none other than..........yep, thats right...THE NINJA'S![/quote

I disagree with your statement completely.. 1. Kung Fu Means Skill.. Or expertise in skill achieved through hard work and practice not necessarily a martial art.. 2. The Shaolin Style of Gung Fu will be taught to foreigners and monks will not fight in MMA for money so we will never see true gung fu or wushu in MMA. 2. Sanda or Sanshou is a hybrid martial art and is not yet crossed over to MMA some MMA fighters have a Sanda base and have had some success.. Look For Sanda to become more of a household name to MMA fans in the future and "hopefully" we get a UFC in China so we can get some chinese sanda fighters to show their kung fu.

As far as a self defense with no rules Chow Li Fut and Wing Chun are legit depending on the practitioner IMO..

im pretty sure it was the samurai' date=' but yes jigaro kano unified the martial art and brought it to brazil and the rest is history, the gracies modernized and expanded it into what it is.

the contributions have been very effective, just the practitioners are lacking. everyone uses muay thai...anderson silva has been a champ for a long time being an elite muay thai style striker. the thai people end up just being muay thai practitioners and thats it....look at a guy like pruakaw...if he had learned the entire game hed be destroying peoplego

akiyama barely uses his judo because he is such a sportsman he would rather go out on his shield , which is admirable but hasnt done much for him in ufc

i think in time we will see guys adapt, id love to see high level tkd and muay thai players learn a complete game and showcase what they can do. cung le is a great example of the potential there[/quote']

Wasn't the Samurai...was the ninja's. Look at the arts man. The heavy contributers are here already. The mixed contributers are hated already. Welcome to MMA.

I can explain this one easy. Kung Fu........ Kung Fu was believed to be the best martial art for ages' date=' because of hype and tv and yadda yadda.

As it turns out, Kung Fu was as useless as Capoeira. All show, not results. It took CENTURIES to provide this information but it came around. The testers at Deadliest Warrior informed everyone. But the little known and/or MOST valued fact of MMA was told by Deadliest Warrior. Ju Jitsu was passed down by....none other than..........yep, thats right...THE NINJA'S![/quote

I disagree with your statement completely.. 1. Kung Fu Means Skill.. Or expertise in skill achieved through hard work and practice not necessarily a martial art.. 2. The Shaolin Style of Gung Fu will be taught to foreigners and monks will not fight in MMA for money so we will never see true gung fu or wushu in MMA. 2. Sanda or Sanshou is a hybrid martial art and is not yet crossed over to MMA some MMA fighters have a Sanda base and have had some success.. Look For Sanda to become more of a household name to MMA fans in the future and "hopefully" we get a UFC in China so we can get some chinese sanda fighters to show their kung fu.

As far as a self defense with no rules Chow Li Fut and Wing Chun are legit depending on the practitioner IMO..[/quote']

cung le came from sanda didnt he? im positive he did.....and yes its a practical style of kung fu that works in mma

Wasn't the Samurai...was the ninja's. Look at the arts man. The heavy contributers are here already. The mixed contributers are hated already. Welcome to MMA.

ill have to look that up....i thought it was the samurai developing it as a backup plan to losing their sword.

anyway ill check it out but yes it certainly came from those times in japan one way or the other, and unified and spread by jigaro kano

There is a VERY simple answer and one i don't like.The reason is this MMA is dominated by weight cheating and that is something wrestlers have mastered.

I also truly believe many ufc fighters are using borderline enhancing drugs.

I find Asian fighters tend to look much smaller for the weight classes,lack the over all strength and never have much of a wrestling background.It seems like 90% of American fighters are former wrestlers.

Even without the wrestling background i feel if there was no weight cheating,the Asians would be a lot closer.

Archived