Jones Shot!!!!

Weapon_X91

Bones pretty much shot himself in the foot with this whole "Rashad Ducking Me" thing. I never really liked him before this. But his whole credibility is slowly going down the drain. I'm not one to bash a fighter, but to have people calling this guy the best LHW is just foolish. The only thing he has going for him is his height and reach advantage, every other tool he has, any decent, young mixed martial artist also has. People are saying his style is hard to decipher? No. It is not. Jones is a young and tall athlete with a reach that makes it difficult for fighters to hit him. Just a thought. Kudos to the guy for fighting as much as he has though. Respect........can't wait to get flamed for this.

The kid is good, man. You cant deny that! His reach is definitely an advantage but its not the deciding factor. Shouldnt a professional fighter be able to adapt his game plan to compensate for such an advantage? He only has 3 years or more of mma under his belt. Thats pretty impressive in my opinion. He laid waste to Shogun in their match and Shogun is no slouch at all... that dude is always dangerous no matter the circumstance. What would it take to sway your opinion, not that Im trying to. Im just asking what asking what does he need to achieve in order for people that arent fans of his to acknowledge his skill set and talents? Not trying to flame you or anything like that. Your post was well put and didnt seem all haterish! lol

Jones shot himself in both feet by roundhouse kicking Rampage.

It's not really fair to say the only thing he has going for him is his height/reach advantage.

He's tall and lanky. Duh shouldn't he use that to his advantage? Whatever attributes you have shouldn't you use them and try to negate your opponents? Duh

He's a well rounded striker, very good wrestler and decent enough at bjj.

I don't think his style alone is that hard to decipher but his style on top of his physical attributes, strategy and tactics is hard to deal with.

It's not so much one thing it's he's pretty good at everything which makes him extremely adaptable and he knows how to use his attributes to his advantage and he's also a decent strategist and good athlete.

Call me crazy, but I would bet a few hundred Rashad would beat Jones. I think Jones isn't as talented as people perceive him to be, but he's very comfortable in the cage and makes his opponents very uncomfortable. Kind of like Shogun fighting Machida, he wasn't scared of the style or the fight he was confident and secure and Machida seemed like a totally different man each time he fought Shogun. I think Rampage proved being outstruck by Jones for 4 rounds and never really being hurt or damaged on the feet once despise a 12 inch reach disadvantage. Rashad has great speed and power in his strikes, he just doesn't use it when he can wrestle his way to a win, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Rashad knows Jones though, he knows him well his striking, wrestling, he sees through the persona and unorthodox style. I think he'd go right through Jones, he'd be able to find the takedown and I think Jones striking wouldn't look so confident. I think once people can realize they are not facing the divisions most dangerous and skilled striker and they build some confidence, they'll strike a lot better. I think guys like Rashad and Machida can easily stuff the majority of Jones takedowns too.

Jones is a bad matchup for Machida, the whole avid counter striker, against a guy with Munky D Luffy arms, and probably a speed advantage. Kind of hard, its like Cheik Kongo would outstrike Machida, don't think he's a better striker though. I think Jones is going to take away Machida's comfortability and that's why he will win, I think if Machida was comfortable and confident he'd have a great chance knocking out Jones, but Machida's style seems to hesitate and wait, and outpoint. Which he CANNOT do against Jones. I think Rashad can take what Jones has to give him standing and best him in the wrestling, and probably the cardio.

Thanks dude, Im not here to hate on anyone, u gotta respect these guys. I'm just not convinced by his style. I notice how he keeps his distance, to me, that's all he has going for him. If he were the size of other LHW's, I seriously doubt he'd have such an advantage. But I do see what you mean when u say that a well prepared pro would adapt to his advantages. I'm just not all into this guy.

Call me crazy' date=' but I would bet a few hundred Rashad would beat Jones. I think Jones isn't as talented as people perceive him to be, but he's very comfortable in the cage and makes his opponents very uncomfortable. Kind of like Shogun fighting Machida, he wasn't scared of the style or the fight he was confident and secure and Machida seemed like a totally different man each time he fought Shogun. I think Rampage proved being outstruck by Jones for 4 rounds and never really being hurt or damaged on the feet once despise a 12 inch reach disadvantage. Rashad has great speed and power in his strikes, he just doesn't use it when he can wrestle his way to a win, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Rashad knows Jones though, he knows him well his striking, wrestling, he sees through the persona and unorthodox style. I think he'd go right through Jones, he'd be able to find the takedown and I think Jones striking wouldn't look so confident. I think once people can realize they are not facing the divisions most dangerous and skilled striker and they build some confidence, they'll strike a lot better. I think guys like Rashad and Machida can easily stuff the majority of Jones takedowns too.

Jones is a bad matchup for Machida, the whole avid counter striker, against a guy with Munky D Luffy arms, and probably a speed advantage. Kind of hard, its like Cheik Kongo would outstrike Machida, don't think he's a better striker though. I think Jones is going to take away Machida's comfortability and that's why he will win, I think if Machida was comfortable and confident he'd have a great chance knocking out Jones, but Machida's style seems to hesitate and wait, and outpoint. Which he CANNOT do against Jones. I think Rashad can take what Jones has to give him standing and best him in the wrestling, and probably the cardio.[/quote']

Rampage admitted he was rocked at one point. Machida and Rashad will lose to Jones...badly

Machida gets taken down and smashed on the ground and Rashad will get smashed on the feet.

Fact: Rampage made Jones look alot worse than he is.

Rampage admitted he was rocked at one point. Machida and Rashad will lose to Jones...badly

Machida gets taken down and smashed on the ground and Rashad will get smashed on the feet.

Fact: Rampage made Jones look alot worse than he is.

Ehh "Rocked at one point" a 220lb man fight night, with a 12 inch reach advantaged "sort of" rocked a much slower, older guy one time in 12 minutes? He was outstriking him the entire time...Rashad and Machida rocked Rampage WAY worse, within a lesser time frame. You don't have to believe what I say, I'd just like for you to respect it and watch for it.

I think you are absurd, with thinking he will destroy Rashad or Machida, and you will realize this very soon friend.

Ehh "Rocked at one point" a 220lb man fight night' date=' with a 12 inch reach advantaged "sort of" rocked a much slower, older guy one time in 12 minutes?

I think you are absurd, with thinking he will destroy Rashad or Machida, and you will realize this very soon friend.[/quote']

Well you mentioned he never really hurt or damaged him and that's simply false.

We will see on if he destroys Machida and Rashad. Im not saying they can't beat him and I hope he loses but frankly i don't see it happening.

If forrest were motivated to fight still he could be the man to beat Jones :D

Maybe it could be like rocky 3 and Anderson helps train him and get back that eye of the tiger :cool:

Maybe with his time off his wife will give him motivation to rise up to the challenge:

and forrest shows the heart that allowed him to beat shogun and Rampage.

and he goes on to overcome the odds

Archived