Brock wont make it out of the first round

ENSABHANUR

seriously all the people who are doubting brock are in for a surprise.

It's possible, but Brock hasn't had the greatest showing against heavy hitters. Carwin had him in full on Fred Ettish mode before he want spaz attack and wore himself out on Brock's forearms like he was a gorilla attacking a beehive.

Cain beat him so bad I imagine Brock still breaks out in a cold sweat whenever he hears mariachi music.

It's possible' date=' but Brock hasn't had the greatest showing against heavy hitters. Carwin had him in full on Fred Ettish mode before he want spaz attack and wore himself out on Brock's forearms like he was a gorilla attacking a beehive.

Cain beat him so bad I imagine Brock still breaks out in a cold sweat whenever he hears mariachi music.[/quote']

yea but brock wasn't 100%. not saying he can stand with them, but a healthy brock is a scary brock

bottom line is, Brock needs to do what he did against Frank Mir, then he can win, not many people once they are on the ground with Brock ontop get up (love to see Brock vs Josh Barnett because both of those guys would have that gameplan). If Brock doesnt do what he did against Mir, hes lost. Pretty simple. Im yet to see Brock get hit without cowering. Against carwin or anyone. Randy Couture didnt really lay a hand on Brock, if he did, who knows if the cowering would of happened or not.

Id like to see Brock vs Mir 3.

yea but brock wasn't 100%. not saying he can stand with them' date=' but a healthy brock is a scary brock[/quote']

And this has been proven by his wins over Frank 'captain inconsistent' Mirr (who once lost a fight to a british midget) or oldman Randy who was fighting outside his natural weightclass?

Brock has a lot of potential, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

bottom line is' date=' Brock needs to do what he did against Frank Mir, then he can win, not many people once they are on the ground with Brock ontop get up (love to see Brock vs Josh Barnett because both of those guys would have that gameplan). If Brock doesnt do what he did against Mir, hes lost. Pretty simple. Im yet to see Brock get hit without cowering. Against carwin or anyone. Randy Couture didnt really lay a hand on Brock, if he did, who knows if the cowering would of happened or not.

Id like to see Brock vs Mir 3.[/quote']

Look i like Brock, Barnett, and reem as well...

He would get subd by Barnett on the ground without a doubt imo. He won't be used to that high level of submission style ground skills.

I see Overeem winning in this fight by strikes again....

We're talking about K1 level kickboxer here. Brock's not going to be able to handle it.

Look i like Brock' date=' Barnett, and reem as well...

He would get subd by Barnett on the ground without a doubt imo. He won't be used to that high level of submission style ground skills.

I see Overeem winning in this fight by strikes again....

We're talking about K1 level kickboxer here. Brock's not going to be able to handle it.[/quote']

dude,

barnett < mir

deal w/ it

Reem can strike hard but he is no where near the caliber of striker as Carwin, JDS, or Cain.

Lesnar will get the take down, he always does. I doubt roided out Overeem would be able to get up as easily as the others have, if at all.

If you want to know who will win a striking contest, Overeem hands down but this fight isn't going to be standing.

Reem can strike hard but he is no where near the caliber of striker as Carwin' date=' JDS, or Cain.

Lesnar will get the take down, [b']he always does[/b]. I doubt roided out Overeem would be able to get up as easily as the others have, if at all.

If you want to know who will win a striking contest, Overeem hands down but this fight isn't going to be standing.

Cain thinks otherwise

and overeem has no roids

and did you just say that Carwin and Cain are better strikers than Overeem? you know what K-1 is?

JDS i dont even think is up there but i wont argue with you there

i used to be the only "hendo" on this site and there have been 2 guys lately with hendo in their name and they are both gooning it up, knock it off your givin hendo a bad name, how is he supposed to be president now?

Reem can strike hard but he is no where near the caliber of striker as Carwin' date=' JDS, or Cain.

Lesnar will get the take down, he always does. I doubt roided out Overeem would be able to get up as easily as the others have, if at all.

If you want to know who will win a striking contest, Overeem hands down but this fight isn't going to be standing.[/quote']

Hahahaha overeem is not the caliber striker as carwin or cain you say.....lol

Zip up your pants kid your mma knowledge is showing

Cain thinks otherwise

and overeem has no roids

and did you just say that Carwin and Cain are better strikers than Overeem? you know what K-1 is?

JDS i dont even think is up there but i wont argue with you there

i used to be the only "hendo" on this site and there have been 2 guys lately with hendo in their name and they are both gooning it up' date=' knock it off your givin hendo a bad name, how is he supposed to be president now?[/quote']

Dude, this is an MMA forum. No need to argue.

Do I know what K-1 is? Are you f'n kidding me?

I live less than ten miles away from Dan Henderson. He is one of my favorites.

and I probably have more MMA experience on a mat than you have in your entire life. No need to argue, right?

Have a good day.

Reem can strike hard but he is no where near the caliber of striker as Carwin' date=' JDS, or Cain.[/b']

naked-gun-facepalm-o.gif

Your right he only won the K1 Grand Prix, and beats the types of people Peter Aerts and Badr Hari :rolleyes:

Dude' date=' this is an MMA forum. No need to argue.

Do I know what K-1 is? Are you f'n kidding me?

I live less than ten miles away from Dan Henderson. He is one of my favorites.

and I probably have more MMA experience on a mat than you have in your entire life. No need to argue, right?

Have a good day.[/quote']

if you knew what K-1 was then you wouldnt be putting Carwin and Cain up there with Overeem

and yes there is need to argue, thats kinda the whole point of a discussion forum

i dont care how close you live to the future mr president

you;d be suprised at how much Jiu-Jitsu ive done

plus this is the internet, your probly full of ****

Im not knocking Reem. we all know how strong he is and how hard he punches. But I honestly believe JDS has the best Stand up in the division.

That's possible. His striking is so unorthodox.

Back to Reem vs Lesnar though. We all know MMA math doesn't work but let's look at history in the UFC.

Most wrestlers win against strikers. Minus Lesnar's last performance. He fought another wrestler who was on a completely different class in striking. This doesn't take away the fact that Lesnar has power in his punches but he doesn't know how to strike. He pretty much got lucky in the Heath Herring fight with that infamous broken orbital blow. He dominated based on his wrestling.

I doubt this fight will be a striking contest. Lesnar will either get the takedown or get knocked down.

I predict he'll take Overeem down and get the ground and pound finish.

Both are overated' date=' how the hell can you rank these guys so high its rediculous .....

Brock - Mr. Turtle

Overoid - Has lost to the top guys over the course of his career, his striking display was plain awful against Werdum. Along with the whole fight[/quote']

I agree the fight was a disgrace but i feel Werdum was stalling the whole time...

He would of lost his whole fighting purse if this was pride days.

That's possible. His striking is so unorthodox.

Back to Reem vs Lesnar though. We all know MMA math doesn't work but let's look at history in the UFC.

Most wrestlers win against strikers. Minus Lesnar's last performance. He fought another wrestler who was on a completely different class in striking. This doesn't take away the fact that Lesnar has power in his punches but he doesn't know how to strike. He pretty much got lucky in the Heath Herring fight with that infamous broken orbital blow. He dominated based on his wrestling.

I doubt this fight will be a striking contest. Lesnar will either get the takedown or get knocked down.

I predict he'll take Overeem down and get the ground and pound finish.

I'd have to agree. Overeem may KO him on the feet, but I doubt it ... I think Brock will get the takedowns and put a hurting on him on the ground.

We are not talking about cain, jds, roy, mir, barnett, or werdum.

We are talking about Brock and Overeem. So let me ask you this...can you name a previous oponent of Brock Lesnar that Brock was not able to take down?

No. you cant. Brock has double legged 100% of his opponents. Cain was the most successful because he was able to get back up. But brock took him down.....twice. Aside from cain, no one has been able to get back to their feet. and I dont believe overeem will be able to, either.

Archived