Jon Jones

Hendohenderson

He truly is something, however do you think if he was 6ft 2 and had a reach of 78inch he'd be as effictive ?

it came to mind after how Joe Rogan described his strikeing as unique but he hasnt done anything that I have not already seen from Urijah Faber, Anderson Silva or any of the other famed talented strikers in MMA, this can also be said for his takedowns and submisions.

That aside ime sold on the fact he is the future he's just 24 and the defending LHW Champion which speaks volumes. I think his only threat is Lyoto Machida.

So my point is do you think is size is a key factor is his success as opposed to Joe Rogans oppinion which is he is Unique in MMA based on his strikeing and unpredictability?

His size is what makes his striking unique (more like unpredictable). BUt no fighter would be same the if you took away physical characteristics, that's just a silly thought to have. If Benavidez was taller he'd fight differently, if Rampage had long arms he'd fight different, if Jones had a smaller frame he'd fight different. I think it goes without saying, really.

Jones isn't like Brock Lesnar and too stubborn to improve his skillset. He is a freaking sponge when it comes to learning mma which is why he is always improving. He has incredible reflexes. He is athletic and fast. And like Shogun said, he hits hard. He would definitely be somewhere near the top of the lhw ladder.

Archived