is GSP trying to get into Condits head?

AmSkater23

Ok first off GSP is one of my favorite fighters, but im not sure about this plan as far as training for Condit, he brought in Dan Hardy and i can see why because he said " he will intensify my training." Now he brings in Semtex Paul Daley, is he really trying to get his killer instinct back or is he playing with Condits head knowing that Condit will see who he is training with?

It is a pretty weird part on GSP's end but i as a fan really do hope he is looking to get his "intensity" back because the dude really has the capability to finish a fight anywhere in that cage. anyways what do you guys think...

heres the link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/882608-mma-jones-machida-melendez-to-ufc-daley-gsp-the-weeks-biggest-news/page/4

Sorry if its been posted

In the Shields fight I saw GSP working a striking gameplan in the first two rounds with the intent to take Shields out.

He was working the jab, low leg kicks from the right side, and throwing that long overhand right. He also went for a couple high kicks toward Shield's head from the left leg. The plan was to use the jab to cause swelling in Shield's right eye, and keep a lot of strikes coming to Shield's left with the overhand and low-mid kicks. By the end of the fight Shields was turning hard to the right to avoid that overhand...exactly where you would want him for a KO headkick.

I have no doubt GSP wants to regain fans and is working on finding a balance between fighting smart so he takes little damage, and being able to put away the guy across from him.

In the Shields fight I saw GSP working a striking gameplan in the first two rounds with the intent to take Shields out.

He was working the jab' date=' low leg kicks from the right side, and throwing that long overhand right. He also went for a couple high kicks toward Shield's head from the left leg. The plan was to use the jab to cause swelling in Shield's right eye, and keep a lot of strikes coming to Shield's left with the overhand and low-mid kicks. By the end of the fight Shields was turning hard to the right to avoid that overhand...exactly where you would want him for a KO headkick.

I have no doubt GSP wants to regain fans and is working on finding a balance between fighting smart so he takes little damage, and being able to put away the guy across from him.[/quote']

yeah i saw that too but i also know that in that fight when he got poked in the eye that really screwed sh*t up for him and i was impressed that he was still able to fight after those pokes...

i think that if it werent for that he would of at least TKO'd Shields, im just still trying to wrap my head around him bringing in hardy and daley but i guess we'll find out in about 3 and half weeks

I think GSP is lost without Greg Jackson if you ask me...

I think GSP can do without Jackson' date=' imo. In fact, I think what he is doing now is perfect. We all know he wants to finish fights, he's said so himself. Maybe he wants to get striking tips from the two of the arguably best strikers in his division? It makes perfect sense to me.

Plus, when things aren't working you change things up. GSP is at a level where he probably doesn't [i']need[/i] coaches. Working on different things from a different perspective may yield different results. Whether good or bad, only time will tell.

Ok...people want to mock GSP's striking...who would YOU bring in if you wanted sparring partners at WW to work on your standup?

Hardy has had experience against Condit, which is valuable.

Daley is one of the better boxers at WW.

Who would be better to train with?

we will see who get's the last laugh when condit gets KTFO :cool:

Lols GSP could not tap hardy when he had that armbar and kimura locked in, he could not finish a guy who has very weak striking compared to him, and now you are saying he is going to knock out condit

i say GSP will win maybe tko at best but a clean KO? Dont kid yourself.

Two of the best strikers at 170. Guarantee you if Hardy or Daley had a kickboxing match with GSP he would die

I'm sick of hearing the words "best strikers" with these two rejects. Just because they lack virtually any other MMA skills and their striking is their best asset, doesn't automatically make them two of the best strikers at 170. It just makes them really deficient at everything else.

What's Hardy going to show GSP? How to get KO'd standing with Condit in the first round? How to get outboxed and outclassed by Chris Lytle?

And Daley? Is he going to show GSP how to get KO'd by Diaz in the first round? Maybe he can teach him the art of the "after the fight sucker punch fail"?

Neither of these guys have anything to offer GSP IMO. If GSP wants to work on his boxing, then why not just bring in some world class boxers? I don't really get this decision by him.

The only thing I can think of is, he decided to bring in two WW's he knew he'd never have the conflict of having to fight again. :/

Or better yet, maybe he's trying to make Carlos think he plans to stand with him, when in reality, he plans to wrestle him (which would be his best strategy IMO).

Ok...people want to mock GSP's striking...who would YOU bring in if you wanted sparring partners at WW to work on your standup?

Hardy has had experience against Condit' date=' which is valuable.

Daley is one of the better boxers at WW.

Who would be better to train with?[/quote']

yeah and hardy trained with matt serra look how much good that did him

yeah and hardy trained with matt serra look how much good that did him

Well when you're as 1-dimensional as Hardy, doesn't matter who you train with. I mean c'mon...the Serra-GSP fight was three years before the GSP-Hardy fight. Condit-Hardy was just a year ago. Any insight Hardy can bring is far more relevant than any insight Serra was able to offer Hardy. Especially since GSP is so well rounded and able to adapt to all forms of the sport, while Hardy is very very lacking on the ground.

Besides that, bringing in these guys can be PR moves. And when training it doesn't matter if the guys you're sparring with are among the elite of the elite. Sparring isn't meant to push you to your total limits, it's exercise and practice.

At the end of the day, I think the guys he's bringing in to train with aren't that big a deal. I can see upsides to training with both Hardy and Daley, but ultimately it won't matter that he trained with them. For all we know, maybe THEY reached out to GSP and asked that it be treated as if he was bringing them in to train to buff up their images.

I don't think GSP is trying to get into Condit's head, and I think he will gain very little overall edge from these fighters. The big thing is what he is doing with his TRAINERS and what he wants to do himself.

Archived