Jon Jones is not top 5 P4P

JP24

He hasn't done enough, pure and simple. He may be considered if he can beat Machida, Evans, and someone else of great worth, but not even Shogun was considered top 5 P4P when he was champ.

People think that just because he's all fancy, and he beat some really good guys, that must mean he's in the top 5... Well, first, he has to earn it...

I, personally, would put him at number 8 or 9, he hasn't earned his position yet.

Id say it would be almost impossible not to give him a top 5 P4P ranking if he beats Machida.

Nahh' date=' Machida alone isn't enough. Rashad might be, and if he can defend more as time flies, he may move up in there to exactly number 5, but not 4-1.

completely agree

:)

If Jon Jones truly out classes and destroys Machida then he deserves top 5 imo. No one has ever done that to machida and before you say Shogun i had Machida winning the round before he got clipped. Im not talking about winning im talking about completely out classing an opponent.

Its not gonna happen though.

ufc113_11_shogun_vs_machida_009_display_image.jpg?1290041292

I think you're right. :P :D

Problem, I said Shogun??? :D

It's not a question of winning, it's a matter of outclassing his opponents. I agree he's not in the same realm as Anderson or GSP, or even an Aldo, but I think there's a good argument to be had in that he should be considered for the #5 slot on the P4P rankings.

So jones has to beat

Shogun - former ufc and pride champ

Rampage - former champ

Lyoto - former champ

Rashad - former champ

Bader

Vladdy

Bonner

Just for a chance at #5 p4p

Wow man that just hating

Rampage and Shogun are his only 2 notable victories, if he beats Machida I wouldn't argue with him being a top 5 one bit

So jones has to beat

Shogun - former ufc and pride champ

Rampage - former champ

Lyoto - former champ

Rashad - former champ

Bader

Vladdy

Bonner

Just for a chance at #5 p4p

Wow man that just hating

Do you watch me post? I like Jon Jones' date=' I really do, but right now, he doesn't belong there, and IMO, a victory over Machida won't mean that he does.

2 notable victories is not enough for top 5 status.

Rampage and Shogun are his only 2 notable victories, if he beats Machida I wouldn't argue with him being a top 5 one bit

I would. I feel that Silva, GSP, Aldo, Fitch, and Cruz have done a whole lot more than he has.

Do you watch me post? I like Jon Jones' date=' I really do, but right now, he doesn't belong there, and IMO, a victory over Machida won't mean that he does.

I would. I feel that Silva, GSP, Aldo, Fitch, and Cruz have done a whole lot more than he has.[/quote']

I can understand if u dont got him top 5 now but didnt u say he need to beat rashad and lyoto to maybe get top 5

I was making the point that having wins over all them warrents top 5

It would almost make him lhw goat (almost) let alont top 5 p4p

I would. I feel that Silva, GSP, Aldo, Fitch, and Cruz have done a whole lot more than he has.[/quote']

I don't like Jones at all but if he finishes and dominates Machida, that'll be 3 wins in a row over 3 former champions who are top 5 in his division with 3 dominant finishes, I think that cancels out what Fitch has done, he;s never been the champion in his division, but I agree I'd actually have Aldo and Cruz ahead of him

Top 5 as of now would be in my humble opinion.

1. Georges St. Pierre

2. Anderson Silva

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jose Aldo

5. Cain Velasquez

Though my frame of mind, Frankie is smaller than Jose Aldo, has fought way better competition in a higher weightclass so say what you want about finishing but it's not as meaningful in comparison. Cain, I believe he's the best heavyweight in the world and he's easily smaller than quite a few Lightheavyweights. This could all change and my opinion could be wrong, but how I honestly feel.

1. Georges St. Pierre

2. Anderson Silva

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jose Aldo

5. Cain Velasquez

Though my frame of mind' date=' Frankie is smaller than Jose Aldo, has fought way better competition in a higher weightclass so say what you want about finishing but it's not as meaningful in comparison. Cain, I believe he's the best heavyweight in the world and he's easily smaller than quite a few Lightheavyweights. This could all change and my opinion could be wrong, but how I honestly feel.[/quote']

Cant deny the logic here(sept gsp over silva)....fankie over aldo is what i think aswell when i sat down and though bout it

There will always be people, with their skewed way of thinking, that will never believe Jones is ranked top #3 P4P, even though he's rightfully proving so. So, if he beats Machida he can be considered top #5 P4P? So who would be the 4 above him? Silva, GSP, Aldo, and ?

What if he loses a fight? Is he automatically dropped to something ridiculous like top 20 P4P? How many people on the imaginary P4P list are undefeated? And why would a loss even count against them? If Silva loses to Sonnen does it mean he's no longer #1 and by default GSP moves to #1 and Silva drops to 3?

The simple and only fact to this is P4P rankings are stupid. But! To be even mentioned as a P4P fighter means you're undeniably one of the best in the business. So why does Jones have so many haters? And what more does he need to prove? He has proved the haters wrong about 14 times now. :rolleyes:

1. Georges St. Pierre

2. Anderson Silva

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jose Aldo

5. Cain Velasquez

Though my frame of mind' date=' Frankie is smaller than Jose Aldo, has fought way better competition in a higher weightclass so say what you want about finishing but it's not as meaningful in comparison. Cain, I believe he's the best heavyweight in the world and he's easily smaller than quite a few Lightheavyweights. This could all change and my opinion could be wrong, but how I honestly feel.[/quote']

Replace cain with jones imo.

Cain has beaten kongo, rothwell, nog and brock.

Jones has fought way better competition. Also has defended his belt.

He hasn't done enough' date=' pure and simple. He may be considered if he can beat Machida, Evans, and someone else of great worth, but not even Shogun was considered top 5 P4P when he was champ.

People think that just because he's all fancy, and he beat some really good guys, that must mean he's in the top 5... Well, first, he has to earn it...

I, personally, would put him at number 8 or 9, he hasn't earned his position yet.[/quote']

ughh

when he destroys machida we will be hearing the same thing. machida is washed up has been that needs to be cut and jones needs to face some real competition. rinse and repeat for 5 more opponents. Maybe one day somebody will get a clue but for now let the haters keep on hating

i think he's right up there, but i also couldnt say top 5. i mean there was a huge ryan bader hype train going on over here. that is until bones destroyed him. Shogun had alot of praise over here, but as soon as jones tooled him, he now became a bum over here. Rampage is a good fighter. Hell, aside from that machida/shogun fiasco, he was the last fighter to even successfully defend the LHW belt, and jones put him to sleep. Now over here, he is declared washed up.

jones is facing the top guys who had to earn their shots and is succeeding. Not only that but he has destroyed everybody they have put in front of him in brutal fashion. The destruction of Matt Hammill is just an asterisk on his record.

so how many more fighters does he have to smash until people start to see that this guy might actually be legit?

He hasn't done enough' date=' pure and simple. He may be considered if he can beat Machida, Evans, and someone else of great worth, [b']but not even Shogun was considered top 5 P4P when he was champ.[/b]

I, personally, would put him at number 8 or 9, he hasn't earned his position yet.

Just commenting on the bolded part. Shogun wasn't considered p4p when he was champ due to his spotty history, he'd vary from a whirling cavalcade of death to the guy who nearly loses to an oldman Coleman and gets choked out by Forrest.

So far Jones hasn't had that kind of inconsistent history, but then again, he hasn't had that much of a history yet in general.

Silva

GSP

Aldo

Fitch

Cruz

Edgar

Cain/Bones/Shad/Machida

The last four in the one slot have minimal losses (0 for Cain), and a good amount of wins. Bones beat Rampage and Shogun, Shad beat Rampage, Machida beat Shad and Shogun.

For the people saying he has done enough, like the guy above, they simply aren't thinking about the "enough" that others have done to be top 5.

Archived