Silva vs gsp would make sense if ...

RodrigoRua

... GSP had moved up to MW and that was a title fight. It would not only make more sense but ALSO be more marktable.

Make Silva vs GSP at MW title fight, if GSP loses, no big freaken deal, he goes back to WW and fight whoever would be the champion then.

For that, however, GSP would still have to CLEN THE WW division by beating Hendricks and Diaz ... then yes, we can all say GSP cleaned the WW division for now.

If he would come back to WW then yes, I would be more than happy on see him fighting the new WW era, like Maia, Fitch "second coming", Rory and maybe Erick Silva (depending how he bounces back).

Im Andersons fan (because of my country only) but I get disgusted when I think about Anderson vs GSP .. nonsense matchup, pathetic and no need for it as it wont prove or make any statement. If anything they should fight either on WW or MW and NOT A CATCHWEIGHT as if Anderson never fought at 170 or GSP doesnt walk around 200 huh ?

Sorry folks, had to vent LOL

Thoughts ?!

Everyone always talks about GSP being scared to fight Silva..... But no one talks about Silvas fear of fighting Jones..... People wanna say the Jones is to big for Silva. Well its the same size difference as Silva and GSP. Silva just wants to fight the smaller fighter

Because it's a well known fact that they have both said they're friends.

Because it's a well known fact that they have both said they're friends.

It's not even that. Silva has said if the UFC wants him to fight Jones, he will. Silva has always been open to any matchup, but he does have a right to voice his opinion. In his opinion Weidman doesn't deserve a title fight (I agree, and the UFC doesn't want that either), and he doesn't want to fight Jones because they respect eachother. He also didn't want to fight Chael a second time, but that fig happened.

Silva will fight whoever the UFC books for him, whether he wants it or not. He is a real fighter. GSP is a real fighter too, but he is obviously scared of losing, especially since if he does lose to Silva it will most likely be by way of knockout.

It's not even that. Silva has said if the UFC wants him to fight Jones' date=' he will. Silva has always been open to any matchup, but he does have a right to voice his opinion. In his opinion Weidman doesn't deserve a title fight (I agree, and the UFC doesn't want that either), and he doesn't want to fight Jones because they respect eachother. He also didn't want to fight Chael a second time, but that fig happened.

Silva will fight whoever the UFC books for him, whether he wants it or not. He is a real fighter. GSP is a real fighter too, but he is obviously scared of losing, especially since if he does lose to Silva it will most likely be by way of knockout.[/quote']

Weidman deserves a title shot a hell of alot more than Silva did when he got one.... Silva seems to forget that he was gifted a shot after one fight. Weidman is 5-0 in the UFC a little bit better than the 1-0 record Silva had

Archived