Did Dana set Sonnen up for another shot?

jduk

By putting him in with Stann did he deliberately give him a guy who he knew he would beat so he could get a title shot and add a bit more hype to the rematch? Stann has always had problems with wrestlers and he goes and puts him in with one of mma's best wrestlers? Seems a bit too good to be true for Chael. When that fight was announced I knew 100% that this everytime was an easy victory for Sonnen.

By putting him in with Stann did he deliberately give him a guy who he knew he would beat so he could get a title shot and add a bit more hype to the rematch? Stann has always had problems with wrestlers and he goes and puts him in with one of mma's best wrestlers? Seems a bit too good to be true for Chael. When that fight was announced I knew 100% that this everytime was an easy victory for Sonnen.

DANA IS NOT THE UFC's MATCHMAKER!!! Stop blaming, criticizing, or assuming he makes the matches. Joe Silva's job title is UFC Matchmaker. Remember it.

Jesus.

Oh' date=' this was "an easy victory" for Sonnen and you knew that beforehand? Kind of like[b'] Lauzon was "an easy victory" for Guillard?[/b]

I didn't say that, and had Guillard winning. But realistically I don't think Stann had a chance

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Stann's win streak and Sonnen's fight against Silva, or the fact that Bisping is doing TUF and Vitor just fought.

I'm sure your conspiracy theory is right and this was just a huge ploy to get someone that Dana probably doesn't even like, another title fight.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Stann's win streak and Sonnen's fight against Silva' date=' or the fact that Bisping is doing TUF and Vitor just fought.

I'm sure your conspiracy theory is right and this was just a huge ploy to get someone that Dana probably doesn't even like, another title fight.[/quote']

He could of fought Maia. They were on the same card.

He could of fought Maia. They were on the same card.

this is what I'm saying, Dana (and Joe Silva) know that Maia handled Sonnen easily and kind of humiliated him I thought, and theres no real interest in Silva va Maia 2, but lots of interest in Sonnen vs Silva 2, so why chance it when theres nobody else to take a shot right now with Bisping and Miller doing TUF

Archived