guillard vs pettis

matt101

LOL @ people picking Guillard over Pettis. Hysterical.

Whats so odd bout it? Both are good stikers who only really like to strike

Melvin has mad power and speed over pettis

Sure pettis can sub melvin who cant...but pettis would not be able to get it there nor keep it there

I wouldnt pick one over the other.. Pettis is a former WEC champ that beat Bendo.. too many people are not allowing him to be in the top 10 in their eyes.. I think if they both win tomorrow than this fight should happen... I would actually give Pettis the advantage but I think Guillard has 3 rounds to hit him and anything could happen!

GREAT matchup!

Sure pettis can sub melvin who cant...but pettis would not be able to get it there nor keep it there

In my opinion Guillard doesn't have a significant or relevant and maybe not even a speed advantage over Pettis. Guillard fights flimsy physically weak guys like Waylon Rowe, Dunham, Shane Roller who can't striker and he throws with 100% looking for the knockout until he gets it. Against Tibau, Stephens, Rony Torres his striking looked terrible because those guys also had power, were physical and athletic adversaries. I think people remember only what they want to remember about Guillard, he caught Siver...he was also DROPPED by Joe Stevenson with a Jab....rocked and submitted. He doesn't strike well against guys who threaten him, only against guys he knows can't hurt him and he knows he can knockout.

Lauzon, another guy who isn't very physical and doesn't threaten Guillard standing, he will go in and throw bombs until he wins. It would be different if his opponent was like...Shalarous or John Makdessi let alone then guys at the top of the division. Really people don't see this? Go rewatch some of his current fights against Stephens and Ronny Markes, and put two and two together.

Sorry, you're wrong. Bendo is 100x the wrestler Guillard is and Pettis was all over him like flies on ****. Guillard would get frustrated with Pettis' style and imo Pettis is way ahead in striking technique.

Sorry' date=' you're wrong. Bendo is 100x the wrestler Guillard is and Pettis was all over him like flies on ****. Guillard would get frustrated with Pettis' style and imo Pettis is way ahead in striking technique.[/quote']

Agreed with the part bout bendo being the better wrestler then melvin and thats it

But wrestling has its diffrent style and the way those styles are used:

Pettis was outwrestled but guida...but bendo will out wrestle guida....pettis as u said was all over bendo....see the flaw here ...its mma math but with skills

U have to look at the way someone uses the skill not who they beat with it

Melvin uses he wrestling to stay off the ground not the otherway around like bendo...this is why i said what i said

Agreed with the part bout bendo being the better wrestler then melvin and thats it

But wrestling has its diffrent style and the way those styles are used:

Pettis was outwrestled but guida...but bendo will out wrestle guida....pettis as u said was all over bendo....see the flaw here ...its mma math but with skills

U have to look at the way someone uses the skill not who they beat with it

Melvin uses he wrestling to stay off the ground not the otherway around like bendo...this is why i said what i said

I wouldn't say Pettis was outwrestled by Guida. He was more like outstalled. Was I the only one watching the fight? Guida is a fantastic wrestler and chooses his shots wisely which results in completed takedowns. But what did Guida do to Pettis to warrant the win? Not a damn thing. From the bottom Pettis was the more technical, attacking fighter and won that fight IMO. Guida couldn't hold Pettis down for very long either. That fight is a glaring example of the scoring flaws of MMA judges.

Archived