How will Sonnen perform off the Juice?

Junglebird

Serious question. Unless he is peaking during training and ensuring his tests will be at acceptable levels come post fight. He's a smart guy, he will probably make sure he dosnt get caught again.

But beyond his obvious PED abuse, how will he perform? He's had a fairly long lay off dealing with his personal life drama and hasn't seen action since Silva submitted him. How will not abusing PEDs coupled with a long lay off affect Sonnen's already 1-dimensional game? We all know he has no chance of finishing the Fight, where as his opponent does, how will he approach Stann?

Assuming Chael isnt cheating he will have these two huge factors against him in his 'comback' fight, not to take Credit away from Stann if he wins.

Serious question. Unless he is peaking during training and ensuring his tests will be at acceptable levels come post fight. He's a smart guy' date=' he will probably make sure he dosnt get caught again.

But beyond his obvious PED abuse, how will he perform? He's had a fairly long lay off dealing with his personal life drama and hasn't seen action since Silva submitted him. How will not abusing PEDs coupled with a long lay off affect Sonnen's already 1-dimensional game? We all know he has no chance of finishing the Fight, where as his opponent does, how will he approach Stann?

Assuming Chael isnt cheating he will have these two huge factors against him in his 'comback' fight, not to take Credit away from Stann if he wins.[/quote']

Was this necessary? I know you don't like the guy but you look like another 15yearold emotionally frustrated idiot on here making useless flame threads.

Sonnen isn't 1 dimensional either, when was the last time you saw him outstruck? He's actually quite a solid striker, people don't credit him for this because they don't like him though.

Was this necessary? I know you don't like the guy but you look like another 15yearold emotionally frustrated idiot on here making useless flame threads.

Sonnen isn't 1 dimensional either' date=' when was the last time you saw him outstruck? He's actually quite a solid striker, people don't credit him for this because they don't like him though.[/quote']

victim #1 - you

I've seriously been thinking the same thing, he also seems alot calmer in interviews, I don't think he will be a ball of rage like he was against Silva. Before this whole PEDS thing with him came up he was never on my radar, I assume the same will happen when he stops taking them.

I've seriously been thinking the same thing' date=' he also seems alot calmer in interviews, I don't think he will be a ball of rage like he was against Silva. Before this whole PEDS thing with him came up he was never on my radar, I assume the same will happen when he stops taking them.[/quote']

yeah, so many factors go into what people base Sonnen's elite ranking off of (the silva fight)

PEDs, possible injury

But he has beaten Marquart and Okami by vicious UD before that, but he was also probably on them roids during that time as well...

I've seriously been thinking the same thing' date=' he also seems alot calmer in interviews, I don't think he will be a ball of rage like he was against Silva. Before this whole PEDS thing with him came up he was never on my radar, I assume the same will happen when he stops taking them.[/quote']

I get what you mean but sonnen should always been on someones rader...he has been a top 15 mw for years now...he has a big whole in his game but he is still one of the best mw in the world (can believe im defending this guy)

But one thing i dont understand bout the huggers defending sonnens ped use is that if sonnen was allowed by a creditable doc to use this stuff...how come he cant use them now that its out in the open?

yeah' date=' so many factors go into what people base Sonnen's elite ranking off of (the silva fight)

PEDs, possible injury

But he has beaten Marquart and Okami by vicious UD before that, but he was also probably on them roids during that time as well...[/quote']

That's the thing, Silva had hurt ribs and Sonnen was just raging on testosterone. That fight kind of reminded me of the old Royce Gracie fights, a smaller guy with great technique against some raging bull, once Sonnen wore out though Silva was able to land some nice shots and got the sub. Needless to say I have Stann in this fight.

That's the thing' date=' Silva had hurt ribs and Sonnen was just raging on testosterone. That fight kind of reminded me of the old Royce Gracie fights, a smaller guy with great technique against some raging bull, once Sonnen wore out though Silva was able to land some nice shots and got the sub. Needless to say I have Stann in this fight.[/quote']

yeah if Stann keeps the fight standing definitely.

people wanna say look at what Davis did to Stann.... but Davis is a huge LHW, size had to play a role in that, I wont be surprised if Sonnen cant get him down without his Testosterone 'therapy'

Sonnen isn't 1 dimensional either' date=' when was the last time you saw him outstruck? He's actually quite a solid striker, people don't credit him for this because they don't like him though.[/quote']

Way to give a 4-4 UFC fighter much more credit than he deserves!

Way to give a 4-4 UFC fighter much more credit than he deserves!

He doesn't deserve much credit, I think he has great abilities but isn't a great fighter. I don't like him as a man, he sells his integrity for attention and money and has been put into corners for steroid allegations and money scandals with real estate. I think the he's terrible for the sport, I genuinely hope he gets knocked out and starts to become forgotten sooner than later.

That being said, this thread is retarded and Junglebird has cried and whined and complained and moaned about Chael Sonnen for the last year like an idiot along with a lot of other people here. The threads do nothing but take away from actual discussion on the forum which is rather scarce...you know Mixed Martial Arts forum with very little discussion of the sport? Yeah.

Serious question. Unless he is peaking during training and ensuring his tests will be at acceptable levels come post fight. He's a smart guy' date=' he will probably make sure he dosnt get caught again.

Assuming Chael isnt cheating he will have these two huge factors against him in his 'comback' fight, not to take Credit away from Stann if he wins.[/quote']

100% winning ^^^^^^^

I get what you mean but sonnen should always been on someones rader...he has been a top 15 mw for years now...he has a big whole in his game but he is still one of the best mw in the world (can believe im defending this guy)

But one thing i dont understand bout the huggers defending sonnens ped use is that if sonnen was allowed by a creditable doc to use this stuff...how come he cant use them now that its out in the open?

wasnt it that his testosterone levels were too high because of the stuff he needs to take? maybe now he has a smaller dose to take so its not illegal? i dont know i havent paid much attention to that crap because sonnen is still a great fighter and off or on whatever it was.. hes not going to change one bit i guarantee it.

wasnt it that his testosterone levels were too high because of the stuff he needs to take? maybe now he has a smaller dose to take so its not illegal? i dont know i havent paid much attention to that crap because sonnen is still a great fighter and off or on whatever it was.. hes not going to change one bit i guarantee it.

A wise man here.

His levels were high coz he upped his dose.

Another dumb thing for a professional sportsman to do.

Up your dose of testosterone and dont announce it before a title fight. with everything else chael has tried to do in his life why would anyone not think he has tried to pull a sly one with the TRT

I still love the excuse that he had small balls.

Yeah let's not forget a few years back, when they were desperately looking for someone to challenge Silva. They were touting Paulo Filho and Dana was going to try to convince him to fight his friend (Silva) though they said they wouldn't fight. Sonnen knocked Filho around like a heavy bag. What I am saying is that he has a very long history of destroying people, and he was usually dominating people who beat him when he got caught in submissions.

Archived