Machida Fans

WaSupGuy

Just curious how many are real machida fans and since when/for what reason. And how many are rooting for machida just cause they dont like jones (he gets a lot of hate on this forum lol).

I've been a Machida fan as long as i ve been an MMA fan.

It was Machida vs Evans fight that actually got me into MMA.

From that point on i went back watched a lot of fights and just tried to catch up. I think i did a fairly well job on that :D

Just curious how many are real machida fans and since when/for what reason. And how many are rooting for machida just cause they dont like jones (he gets a lot of hate on this forum lol).

I've always been a Machida fan since around the time he kneed Hoger in the face a bazillion times in a row. I'm a little conflicted with this fight as I like Jones too. I think this is a bad matchup for Machida, I think their skillsets are very close (and in some ways similar) but Jones has the physical advantage that'll probably tip the scales.

I've always been a Machida fan since around the time he kneed Hoger in the face a bazillion times in a row. I'm a little conflicted with this fight as I like Jones too. I think this is a bad matchup for Machida' date=' I think their skillsets are very close (and in some ways similar) but Jones has the physical advantage that'll probably tip the scales.[/quote']

Is this the old school Skulk, or someone new?

very common in mma not like when people get hooked to football they go back and watch old football games. MMA=Best Sport Period

^True, MMA is the best, and SteelerNation i think that (vs. Evans) is one of his best performances ever with a spectacular ko, great start to ufc right lol.

I hate Randy Couture. Machida slapped him down with his foot. I like Machida.

^Idk why anyone would dislike couture but that was also an excellect performance by machida, people should give coutore his due, he would prob have taken down/controlled like 85% of the div still imo. Also one of the greatest kos/moments in ufc history

I was a fan of his when he KO'd Rashad. Then I started not liking him after he got the nod over Shogun the first time. After Shogun KO'd him I started liking him again lol.

^Lol thats kinda messed up, you have to admit that fight was soooooo close. I hope in the future machida can decisively beat shogun.

Holy crap!!!!!

Great to see you man!!!

Good to 'see' (this being the internet and all) you too dude' date=' it's been a [i']very[/i] long time. You must be like grandpa mod around here, lol. Ack, I feel like I'm thread-hijacking again.

Good to 'see' (this being the internet and all) you too dude' date=' it's been a [i']very[/i] long time. You must be like grandpa mod around here, lol. Ack, I feel like I'm thread-hijacking again.

Lol, no worries man. Brewster and Bravo mod here also.

And sorry thread starter, kinda cool to see one of the originals pop in.

I'm a huge Machida fan. Loved him since before he signed with the UFC.

I'm a karate practitioner, so that's partially where I get my bias from.

Plus that, he is a true martial artist, both in ability and attitude.

I like his personality as someone who has respect for others and doesn't talk trash. I hate big-headed trashtalkers and Lyoto isn't one of them.

I'm a huge Machida fan. Loved him since before he signed with the UFC.

I'm a karate practitioner' date=' so that's partially where I get my bias from.

Plus that, he is a true martial artist, both in ability and attitude.

I like his personality as someone who has respect for others and doesn't talk trash. I hate big-headed trashtalkers and Lyoto isn't one of them.[/quote']

^LOL Im the same and am also a karate practioner (kenpo). Gotta love machida for showing traditional martial arts can get the job done. True samarai spirit. If you look at his resume he really has consistenly faced established guys

I am both a Machida fan' date=' and a Jones fan.[/quote']

Me too. I like both and have wanted to see this fight for a while. I said the Dragon was coming for his belt. I'll be rooting for Machida in this one. I wouldn't be to surprised if Jones won but if he does there may be no one left to challenge him. Even Rashad's chances are slim. Slimmer than Machida's I think. We'll see.

Lol' date=' no worries man. Brewster and Bravo mod here also.

And sorry thread starter, kinda cool to see one of the originals pop in.[/quote']

Awesome, cool to see some of the old crew still around. You know, a small part of me misses inadvertently banning myself when drunk....... all those times.

Machida is my favorite fighter because he has lots of talent, he's very humble, honorable, and genuine.

I like Jones, but his ego kind of irritates me. Admittedly I find him very funny and has crazy talent.

This has been my dream fight since before Jones won the title.

First fight in the UFC, they announced Machida trained in Sumo as opposed to wrestling along with Karate and a few other disciplines. I like him for the Sumo.

I watched Jon Jones' last fight before getting into the UFC and his first bout was when I said the kid was special.

I don't think Machida is going to have an answer for the new "Length and Strength" technique that is the **** in the LHW division. The old champs are falling all over it.

fan of both here. I have to say this is a very interesting fight. However Jones is prooving pretty damn tough. I can see him winning in many ways, I can only see Machida winning 1 type of way. The counter punch. Jones might take it to ground and elbow him to death, instead of standing in this one. Rampage just about defeated Machida standing( i think Machida was getting the better of Rampage towards the end of the fight though)

VERY interesting indeed. If i had to bet..it would be Jones for sure.

Im a fan since his fight with tito that was the 1st time i saw him and i liked his style. Also the guy's a gentleman and got the martial arts spirit not a bum like most.

This is the fight i have been waiting for! I think that the Jones Vs Evans fight will make more money. That doesn't mean its a better fight. Machida Vs Jones will be more of a stand up fight. Most people like seeing that anyway. Whoever buys this event is in for a great main event. I can't think of anyone else to match up with Jones the way Machida can. Hopefully they both dont "RUN" the whole fight. I see machida using his experience in taking the fight to the distance for the Decision and reminding us that the Machida era never died!

I started liking him after the Sokoudjou fight and became a big fan after his sick KO over Thiago Silva.

He has one of the best styles IMO. He is humble and very entertaining to watch (again IMO).

Machida is my #1 fav fighter. I like his attitude about training, opponents and approach to fighting. His style is fascinating. And I like his thoughtful approach to the fights and adapting during fights.

Hes a true Martial Artist in a sport where sluggers prevailed for too long.

My girlfriend is the machida fan. She use to dislike him because she said he had a unibrow lol.

She grew to like him as I got her to watch some of his fights, and even though he lost to Rampage, she started to like him a lot more. When he beat Couture, she couldn't wait for his next fight.

Got her a bad boy machida shirt not too long ago and she's pumped for this upcoming fight with Jones. She likes Jones too, but big time machida fan to not cheer for him.

I started liking him after the Sokoudjou fight and became a big fan after his sick KO over Thiago Silva.

He has one of the best styles IMO. He is humble and very entertaining to watch (again IMO).

^I agree with you. I remember that ko and that ko should get more respect it truly was sick, jumping in, perfect accuracy in between silvas arm, 1 punch falling in for the ko.

Machida is BOSS

My girlfriend is the machida fan. She use to dislike him because she said he had a unibrow lol.

She grew to like him as I got her to watch some of his fights' date=' and even though he lost to Rampage, she started to like him a lot more. When he beat Couture, she couldn't wait for his next fight.

Got her a bad boy machida shirt not too long ago and she's pumped for this upcoming fight with Jones. She likes Jones too, but big time machida fan to not cheer for him.[/quote']

^I srsly LOL'd its kinda true too hahhaha, did u see the 128 trailer shogun had it goin on too lol.

^I agree with you. I remember that ko and that ko should get more respect it truly was sick' date=' jumping in, perfect accuracy in between silvas arm, 1 punch falling in for the ko.

Machida is BOSS[/quote']

Yeah, it really hooked me on him. Silva looked like he was dead. Perfectly still like a corpse in a coffin. My avatar for the longest was Ives Pulling Machida off of Thiago.

Then of course when he embarassed Evans was prime also.

He is just very entertaining to watch and he is becoming a KO artist (3 bonuses so far). Hopefully he can earn another bonus against Jones :).

Archived