Yay, I am getting a dog

LegoPig

Finally, my wife said I can finally get a dog. Her cousin is breeding her Siberian Husky husky.jpgwith a Japanese Akita akita.jpg(full pedigree cross) that has the blue eyed gene. She should be breeding her in the next few week so should be getting it (for free) in January and I cannot wait. They are my second favourite dog behind a German Shepard.

Although I do have a soft spot for French Bulldogs too

french-bulldog.jpg

Anyone else a dog lover or do you prefer cats?

I have a pure breed German Shepard actually. His name is Taras Bulba (I'd be shocked if any of you knew where that name is referenced from). Be warned, with most pure breeds, there is a lot of health issues as often times they are inbred. And for what it's worth, my dog couldn't "take" anyone. He's got a nasty bark, but is a little wimp...but I loves him, and for being such a big puppy, he's a cuddly guy.

I have a pure breed German Shepard actually. His name is Taras Bulba (I'd be shocked if any of you knew where that name is referenced from). Be warned' date=' with most pure breeds, there is a lot of health issues as often times they are inbred. And for what it's worth, my dog couldn't "take" anyone. He's got a nasty bark, but is a little wimp...but I loves him, and for being such a big puppy, he's a cuddly guy.[/quote']

Its that book from that guy gogel

Its that book from that guy gogel

You're actually more hardcore than I. I knew it was adapted from a book, which was adapted from an old school opera...but I was introduced and principally think of the name as a reference to Yul Brynner's film. So way to show me up and be cooler than me, ya dirty hipster. :P ;)

You're actually more hardcore than I. I knew it was adapted from a book' date=' which was adapted from an old school opera...but I was introduced and principally think of the name as a reference to Yul Brynner's film. So way to show me up and be cooler than me, ya dirty hipster. :P [/quote']

Its not like i wikipedia'd it or any thing :rolleyes::D

sorry man i had to lol. Im not as cool as you think

Its not like i wikipedia'd it or any thing :rolleyes::D

sorry man i had to lol. Im not as cool as you think

Here I was thinking your school had a much more in depth usage of classic literature from around the world. I was going to say - what kind of first rate education did this guy receive while I was stuck rereading Tom Swayer until my graduating day. :P

I have a pure breed German Shepard actually. His name is Taras Bulba (I'd be shocked if any of you knew where that name is referenced from). Be warned' date=' with most pure breeds, there is a lot of health issues as often times they are inbred. And for what it's worth, my dog couldn't "take" anyone. He's got a nasty bark, but is a little wimp...but I loves him, and for being such a big puppy, he's a cuddly guy.[/quote']

they hesitate to dominate other dogs unless they feel they need to. they know their power.

I have a pure breed aswell, and he has not had any health issues yet (hes 2 and a half.), though I have heard that they have bad hips from inbreading.

Huskies are beautiful dogs. Is this your first dog.?

Will be my first of my own so to speak. As a child we had two German Shepards then when I was a bit older we had a German Shepard Collie cross they were all family pets so not really my own. 4 years ago i got my mother a Jack Russel Staff cross when my dad died so that was sort of mine too. But now with the wife we get our own family dog. Also he or she will grow up with our daughter so they will be both used to each other.

You shouldn't let your wife run your life!

Shut up you obviously have a intense fear of dogs or have never owned one because having a dog if you provide it with love it is one of the greatest relationship you can ever have. And to the OP congrats and just a word of advice if you have a huskie you have to exercise it like crazy.

Shut up you obviously have a intense fear of dogs or have never owned one because having a dog if you provide it with love it is one of the greatest relationship you can ever have. And to the OP congrats and just a word of advice if you have a huskie you have to exercise it like crazy.

Agreed^^^

Archived