Super-sensitive: What does this mean to you guys?

Rex_Kwon_Do

When I say super-sensitive I'm talking about the character...the make -up of a person. Have you ever been called super-sensitive? Have you labeled anyone you know as being this way? Why do you think that statement was directed towards you or you thought about the other person as being that way? And I want examples...whether you're dealing with those of the same sex or opposite sex. I often associate people who are super sensitive as people who carry a lot of baggage. It's very unsettling to be in any kind of talks/conversation with them because you don't know if every little thing you say to them will set them off.

Discuss.

I can't explain it because the word is blocked

funny....I'm pretty sure we know what word you intended to use, but when it comes to females some of us might expect most women to be this way?? Could you be with a woman that was super-sensitive....even if it was your dream girl in the looks department??

funny....I'm pretty sure we know what word you intended to use' date=' but when it comes to females some of us might expect most women to be this way?? Could you be with a woman that was super-sensitive....even if it was your dream girl in the looks department??[/quote']

Super sensitive in a girl means high maintenance to me. They get angry or sad over the dumbest things. I could never be with anyone like that no matter how hot they are.

I can't off the top of my head recall anyone implying I was super-sensitive. In fact more often than not I'm described as overly cerebral or emotionally detached. Personally I think I am quite in tune with my own emotions, but I digress...

In my estimation someone who is "super-sensitive" is perhaps is in a state of too much emotional flux. Not that I think sweeping generalizations are ever appropriate, but if someone can go from "depressed" to "manic" and not suffer from some form of bipolar disorder, that is probably an example of someone who is super-senstive. Also, someone who can't take an observation of them (be it positive or negative) without taking it too much to heart might fall into this category. You know, ultimately, this is one of those descriptive terms that is simply too qualitative and subjective to context that it's impossible to definitively say what it is. In my experience however, I don't recall the term "super-senstive" used in a positive connotation, so I suppose you could take that for what it's worth.

I can't off the top of my head recall anyone implying I was super-sensitive. In fact more often than not I'm described as overly cerebral or emotionally detached. Personally I think I am quite in tune with my own emotions' date=' but I digress...

In my estimation someone who is "super-sensitive" is perhaps is in a state of too much emotional flux. Not that I think sweeping generalizations are ever appropriate, but if someone can go from "depressed" to "manic" and not suffer from some form of bipolar disorder, that is probably an example of someone who is super-senstive. Also, someone who can't take an observation of them (be it positive or negative) without taking it too much to heart might fall into this category. You know, ultimately, this is one of those descriptive terms that is simply too qualitative and subjective to context that it's impossible to definitively say what it is. In my experience however, I don't recall the term "super-senstive" used in a positive connotation, so I suppose you could take that for what it's worth.[/quote']

Makes a lot of sense because when I think super-sensitive I start to think mentally and emotionally unstable...whether that translates into some sort of bipolar -disorder or not is not for me to say, since I'm no doctor either, so I won't try and divulge.

Archived