Best Striker in the HW division

Pigs-On-The-Wing

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ppl that voted for jds ....lets pretend that all overeem has is power in his punches lol

So ur telling me u think jds would win in k1 vs. Overeem please

All jds does is box..which he is really good at

Reem...has punches kness and strong kicks

Who has faced the best strikers the world can offer...overeem thats who

Who has jds faced....roy and carwin and an old cro cop

Ok ppl that voted for jds ....lets pretend that all overeem has is power in his punches lol

So ur telling me u think jds would win in k1 vs. Overeem please

All jds does is box..which he is really good at

Reem...has punches kness and strong kicks

Who has faced the best strikers the world can offer...overeem thats who

Who has jds faced....roy and carwin and an old cro cop

Thank you...feel like there's all this JDS hype just because he's fighting for the title...If he wasn't i think more people would vote for reem.

Thank you...feel like there's all this JDS hype just because he's fighting for the title...If he wasn't i think more people would vote for reem.

That and many are zombies that cant take the thought that and outsider can be better at something then their favs

These are the same ppl who think gsp can beat ben askren in a wrestling match

That and many are zombies that cant take the thought that and outsider can be better at something then their favs

These are the same ppl who think gsp can beat ben askren in a wrestling match

I know lol.... i mean listen to this...

"Ovreems a joke"

"Schaub would ko Overeem"

Its times like this where i hope theyre trolling...

I know lol.... i mean listen to this...

"Ovreems a joke"

"Schaub would ko Overeem"

Its times like this where i hope theyre trolling...

The fact jds is leading in the poll makes me lose faith in the creditabily of this forum

"overeems striking is a joke" really....uknow this guy has never watched k1 or any striking frist sport

Best striker in Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight division...I'd say Junior Dos Santos, possibly Cain Velasquez. Best kickboxer in the Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight division Overeem.

MMA striking and Kickboxing are not the same at all, Overeem hasn't shown nearly as good of striking as Junior in MMA, and I think most would agree in Mixed Martial Arts Junior would outstrike and probably knockout Overeem. In Kickboxing? Well Klitchkos would win in boxing, can you believe that?.....Fools.

Best striker in Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight division...I'd say Junior Dos Santos' date=' possibly Cain Velasquez. Best kickboxer in the Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight division Overeem.

MMA striking and Kickboxing are not the same at all, Overeem hasn't shown nearly as good of striking as Junior in MMA, and I think most would agree in Mixed Martial Arts Junior would outstrike and probably knockout Overeem. In Kickboxing? Well Klitchkos would win in boxing, can you believe that?.....Fools.[/quote']

JDS out strike Overeem..nah... JDS KOing Reem more likely.

JDS out strike Overeem..nah... JDS KOing Reem more likely.

This is silly, the hype people get for being a kickboxer is a joke. Didn't I just see Ross Pearson stand with Barboza the striking prodigy and kickboxing champion for 15 minutes and lose a controversial decision? Trust me, a Kickboxing Pedigree means a lot but it doesn't mean if you are a great kickboxer you will be the best striker in MMA. Theres a lot of cases where kickboxers get dominated standing by Mixed Martial Artists, it isn't the same. I'd put money on Melvin Guillard knocking out Buakaw standing in Mixed Martial Arts bout, if he didn't decide to take him down. Better kickboxer? Buakaw, better Mixed Martial Art Striker? Guillard.

Get it? Or is this still insane to you people? You think Bernard Hopkins would come at 185lbs and be able to outpoint guys like Vitor and Anderson standing? HELL No, it's WAY different.

Could Overeem be the best striker in the Heavyweight division? Maybe, I for one doubt it. But to think saying " HE WAS K-1 CHAMPION, THEREFORE IS" ...well that means you are an idiot. Overeem has looked pretty bad standing against solid competition in MMA, go back and look at everyone you'd say was a solid opponent of his and see how he did, he's a better kickboxer than Mixed Martial Artist.

The question is too subjective. The person with the best striking skillset is not necessarily the person who's best able to apply those skills in an mma match. You get the same discussion with 'who's the best wrestler'. Who cares? I'm more interested in the best fighter.

This is silly' date=' the hype people get for being a kickboxer is a joke. Didn't I just see Ross Pearson stand with Barboza the striking prodigy and kickboxing champion for 15 minutes and lose a controversial decision? Trust me, a Kickboxing Pedigree means a lot but it doesn't mean if you are a great kickboxer you will be the best striker in MMA. Theres a lot of cases where kickboxers get dominated standing by Mixed Martial Artists, it isn't the same. I'd put money on Melvin Guillard knocking out Buakaw standing in Mixed Martial Arts bout, if he didn't decide to take him down. Better kickboxer? Buakaw, better Mixed Martial Art Striker? Guillard.

Get it? Or is this still insane to you people? You think Bernard Hopkins would come at 185lbs and be able to outpoint guys like Vitor and Anderson standing? HELL No, it's WAY different.

Could Overeem be the best striker in the Heavyweight division? Maybe, I for one doubt it. But to think saying " HE WAS K-1 CHAMPION, THEREFORE IS" ...well that means you are an idiot. Overeem has looked pretty bad standing against solid competition in MMA, go back and look at everyone you'd say was a solid opponent of his and see how he did, he's a better kickboxer than Mixed Martial Artist.[/quote']

well said bro...+9999999999999:cool:

Reem is the best striker in K-1 no doubt. MMA is a different story because of the ground game. K-1 i say reem. MMA i say JDS. As evident by Reems fight with Werdum he was getting outstruck by Werdum and dont bother replying saying he wasnt getting outstruck by him.

I went with JDS because his comfortable with his TDD and getting off his back enough to let go of his hands. I dont think Overeem is that comfortable with letting his hands/feet go like he does in K-1 in mma, thus his not that effective like guys who don't worry about being put on their back

This is silly' date=' the hype people get for being a kickboxer is a joke. Didn't I just see Ross Pearson stand with Barboza the striking prodigy and kickboxing champion for 15 minutes and lose a controversial decision? Trust me, a Kickboxing Pedigree means a lot but it doesn't mean if you are a great kickboxer you will be the best striker in MMA. Theres a lot of cases where kickboxers get dominated standing by Mixed Martial Artists, it isn't the same. I'd put money on Melvin Guillard knocking out Buakaw standing in Mixed Martial Arts bout, if he didn't decide to take him down. Better kickboxer? Buakaw, better Mixed Martial Art Striker? Guillard.

Could Overeem be the best striker in the Heavyweight division? Maybe, I for one doubt it. But to think saying " HE WAS K-1 CHAMPION, THEREFORE IS" ...well that means you are an idiot. Overeem has looked pretty bad standing against solid competition in MMA, go back and look at everyone you'd say was a solid opponent of his and see how he did, he's a better kickboxer than Mixed Martial Artist.[/quote']

You got me all wrong man....

I think its clear when it comes to just striking Overeem is better then JDS.

However, I get it when people say they think JDS striking is better than overeems.

What i don't get and i think is "insane" is the people saying Overeem's striking is terrible and he's nothing compared to JDS.

I get the opinion aspect of it but a lot of these pure Zuffa fans think Overeem isn't even fair game and thats whats ridiculous.

Also he has been unstoppable in MMA since he bulked up and really improved his striking. Old Reem is nothing compared to the new Reem imo.

Does he have a good shot at becoming champ? I think so ... Would i be surprised if he didnt? prob not.

You got me all wrong man....

I think its clear when it comes to just striking Overeem is better then JDS.

I get it when people say they think JDS striking is better than overeems.

What i don't get and i think is "insane" is the people saying Overeem's striking is terrible and he's nothing compared to JDS.

I get the opinion aspect of it but a lot of these pure Zuffa fans think Overeem isn't even fair game and thats whats ridiculous.

Also he has been unstoppable in MMA since he bulked up and really improved his striking. Old Reem is nothing compared to the new Reem imo.

Well, I wasn't singling out anyone my statement was general to clarify. I agree though, it's insane to act like Overeem has overrated striking or even...bad? He can knockout anybody, his knees and punches from the inside are some of the sickest strikes in mixed martial arts. He just...seems rigid? In mixed martial arts, even a bit slow I don't see his straights ever moving too fast and I don't see him ever let his hands go. His wrestling and grappling game are overlooked, they are there and they aren't worthless or even bad. He's a top 10 heavyweight no doubt, I was hoping for Mir vs Overeem, Brock vs Overeem is kind of stale...Get takedown or get knocked out, get the knockout or get takendown. It will be exciting and the lead up to the fight will be amazing. Overeem is just stiff, and picks his shots, it works a lot better with 10oz gloves than 4oz gloves though most definitely.

I think Junior would be the faster, more aggressive and comfortable fighter. Overeem would be looking to counter but if he gets hurt he doesn't compose himself well at all and Junior will smell some blood. I don't think either would find the takedown easily or at all. Cardio? I don't think either will be able to breathe past round 2 haha. Overeem just doesnt seem comfortable in MMA, it really seems like he "defends" the majority of the time, then attacks for a few strikes then defends, and either finds the knockout or gets beat. He needs to lash those kicks, throws those knees in the clinch and get on the inside and lock his shoulders throwing those huge snapping shots from short distance, which I haven't seen him done in MMA much of ever, especially against solid opponents.

Id like to see Junior vs Overeem, but I think it's either a beatdown or Overeem counters and finishes. You just have to look at Overeems history against top competition in MMA, hasn't been good. He may be a great kickboxer, that doesn't make him a great MMA fighter.

Archived