Florian must stand with Aldo to have any chance

wingzero8717

- Florian is not a dominant wrestler by any means and Jose Aldo has defended 93% of takedowns in his WEC/UFC career so i dont see Florian having much wrestling success in this fight

- Florian has good striking but i wouldn't say hes any better on the feet than Mark Hominick who has had pro kick boxing bouts. And Florian was outstruck severely by BJ Penn and Aldo is the more diverse striker.

- Kenflo claims he has seen holes in Aldo's striking and he's open for counters, but Jose is so explosive and so fast with his strikes, paired with his great head movement i dont see anywhere kenny can win this fight, this bout with Aldo will retire Kenflo

I think Kenny Florian is the best striker Aldo has faced, Hominick was seriously overrated in my honest opinion that guy was like 19-9 with a bum record being a hype job in a shallow division fighting Aldo because he went on a little win streak against bad opponents to create it. He kind of outstruck Aldo, I mean he was outpointing Aldo a lot in the fight but Aldos power kept catching up with him on the feet and with his athleticism in the entirety. I see the same problem with Kenny vs Aldo, Kenny was dropped twice by Nunes who is a sick striker no doubt but Kenny has no real power, so he was the better striker against Nunes but you could see Nunes was confident and found his shots just never got to capitalize on them when he did. Aldo being the best striker in the division, with sick power I can see Kenny outpointing Aldo with his 4-5 inch read advantage, but he wont be damaging Aldo or slowing him down, discouraging him or anything like that and Aldo's going to find his mark. Wrestling, if Kenny can get takedowns and outpoint and try to work Aldo he has a chance, I just don't see it.

Aldo, TKO 4th round.

I think Kenny Florian is the best striker Aldo has faced' date=' Hominick was seriously overrated in my honest opinion that guy was like 19-9 with a bum record being a hype job in a shallow division fighting Aldo because he went on a little win streak against bad opponents to create it. He kind of outstruck Aldo, I mean he was outpointing Aldo a lot in the fight but Aldos power kept catching up with him on the feet and with his athleticism in the entirety. I see the same problem with Kenny vs Aldo, Kenny was dropped twice by Nunes who is a sick striker no doubt but Kenny has no real power, so he was the better striker against Nunes but you could see Nunes was confident and found his shots just never got to capitalize on them when he did. Aldo being the best striker in the division, with sick power I can see Kenny outpointing Aldo with his 4-5 inch read advantage, but he wont be damaging Aldo or slowing him down, discouraging him or anything like that and Aldo's going to find his mark. Wrestling, if Kenny can get takedowns and outpoint and try to work Aldo he has a chance, I just don't see it.

Aldo, TKO 4th round.[/quote']

Well said.

Aldo early 3rd round TKO. But i agree this will be Aldo's toughest opponent to date but it won't worry him one bit' date=' he looked great at the weigh ins too so i think he had a better weight cut this time around.[/quote']

Ya. When he had a bad one look what he did to his opponent. He's not all tore up this time. Florian is in for a long, or short perhaps, night. Hope he brought a pillow to lighten his fall to the canvas.

Aldo early 3rd round TKO. But i agree this will be Aldo's toughest opponent to date but it won't worry him one bit' date=' he looked great at the weigh ins too so i think he had a better weight cut this time around.[/quote']

I think Erik Koch, Hatsu Hioki and Chad Mendes could all be serious threats to him. With the possibility of Dominick Cruz down the right, and Frankie dropping down to 145, there's a lot of 155ers who could make 145 isn't there? I think Gilbert Melendez could make 145 honestly. John Makdessi needs to drop down to 145 and that guy is a bull. Aldo has walked through terrible competition, times are changing we are going to see what he's made of this next year unless they give him stupid *** matchups.

Florian's always looked good against lesser opponents. Any time he steps up to the big fight he either hits a post running away or pisses himself (literally). I don't see that trend changing because he spent a few extra hours in the sauna.

Florian's always looked good against lesser opponents. Any time he steps up to the big fight he either hits a post running away or pisses himself (literally). I don't see that trend changing because he spent a few extra hours in the sauna.

Thats no joke, I believe it was either the BJ or Sherk fight there's footage where he urinates his pants mid fight if you haven't seen it.

Archived