Maia needs to go to Welterweight

SolidStateLogic

Even though I think he will beat Santiago he still looks flabby for middleweight, it looks like he could easily make the weight cut down. If he did go to Welterweight I feel like he could do really well, his striking is always improving and his BJJ is amazing. He would be a horrible match up for all the wrestlers in the division e.g. Fitch.

Agreed besides palhares would spank that ***

Be ups for having spong in ur list of fighter....hope he choices to do mma soon

Palhares vs. Maia would be a good fight, but I agree that Palhares would probably win it seems that we would be a lot stronger than Maia and would be able to dictate where the fight took place.

And yeah, I hope Spong decides to go to MMA soon, if he fought at 205 he would be a huge threat, he would be able to outsrike everyone in that division hands down. He would obviously need to work on TDD and BJJ a lot though. If he came into the UFC I would love to seem him face Luiz Cane first, just to see Cane doing the stanky leg again.

Palhares vs. Maia would be a good fight' date=' but I agree that Palhares would probably win it seems that we would be a lot stronger than Maia and would be able to dictate where the fight took place.

And yeah, I hope Spong decides to go to MMA soon, if he fought at 205 he would be a huge threat, he would be able to outsrike everyone in that division hands down. He would obviously need to work on TDD and BJJ a lot though. If he came into the UFC I would love to seem him face Luiz Cane first, just to see Cane doing the stanky leg again.[/quote']

Yah he would kill at 205...i hear hes close to rashad evans so he could train with them

Tdd and sub d and the kid is a monster

Yah he would kill at 205...i hear hes close to rashad evans so he could train with them

Tdd and sub d and the kid is a monster

Yeah, for Rashad's fight against Ortiz he was in his corner and helped him prepare. He has said in interviews that he would go to MMA, he is still only 24/25 years old so he would have a long time to learn and improve and hopefully come to the UFC

I don't think so. I could see him bullying his way to a decision but the grappling would actually be very entertaining. He might be able to Tko Maia but I doubt it. Neither would be able to submit the other so I would go with Palhares by decision but I don't think it would be a lopsided beatdown.

Toquinho's striking is ever improving -

Plus his grappling would give Maia problems. Solid centre of gravity =

trouble for Maia. I'd expect Palhares to ragdoll Maia.

No way Maia finishes Palhares either.

Bank on it.

His striking is still wild. I actually said I don't see either finishing the other and I would take Palhares by decision. However it depends on how retarded Palhares is when he shows up to fight. I'll take Palhares if he only goes half retard... if he goes full retard he's going to get caught in something.

Well Toquinho has to stop celebrating before the fight is actually over.

That's agreed.

Even so Maia wouldnt have the power in his pillow fists to hurt Toquinho.

Archived