If Pettis can't do more than that...

gotDOOMed

than he'll never be champ. Yeah, he got his win, that's legitimate but if Stephens can do that to him so can every wrestler in the lightweight division. Anybody with solid wrestling credentials will take him down over and over. The fighters with a more solid base won't let him up either.

I remember seeing some guy on here change his favorite fighter to Pettis right after the Bendo fight. Not to mention that he started calling him G.O.A.T. after that stupid kick. (I'm tired of hearing about it.) I hope your adrenaline has died down since the Bendo fight and you realize that he'll never be more than the mid to lower top ten.

Is he good? Yes. Is he great? No

than he'll never be champ. Yeah' date=' he got his win, that's legitimate but if Stephens can do that to him so can every wrestler in the lightweight division. Anybody with solid wrestling credentials will take him down over and over. The fighters with a more solid base won't let him up either.

I remember seeing some guy on here change his favorite fighter to Pettis right after the Bendo fight. Not to mention that he started calling him G.O.A.T. after that stupid kick. (I'm tired of hearing about it.) I hope your adrenaline has died down since the Bendo fight and you realize that he'll never be more than the mid to lower top ten.

Is he good? Yes. Is he great? No[/quote']

The guida fight made pettis realize how easy it is to win just by takedowns and a couple of punches here and there

I'm not just talking about his wrestling offense at all. I'm talking about his overall performance both offense and defense. Stephens gave him a lot of trouble.

LOL, Pettis did everything but submit him. He took him down at will, scrambled well when he got taken down, didn't let Stephens do anything from the top, bloodied him up, etc. A lot of trouble, please...

LOL' date=' Pettis did everything but submit him. He took him down at will, scrambled well when he got taken down, didn't let Stephens do anything from the top, bloodied him up, etc. A lot of trouble, please...[/quote']

Pettis looked better then this guys giving he credit for

But this fight makes it sure for me that bendo would win a rematch

I'm just saying that if a mid tier fighter can give him that much trouble then I don't see Pettis putting much of a streak together or even being in a title contention fight.

I'm not taking anything away from Stephens either' date=' he's a game dude.[/quote']

all stephens had on him were take downs.

pettis beat him at his own game.

You do realize that striking is a part of Pettis' game too right? He's not a fish out of water like what you said implies.

Good for Pettis, he beat a mid tier fighter in an exciting fight by SPLIT decision. He's a good fighter but he's not beating any of the top 3.

You do realize that striking is a part of Pettis' game too right? He's not a fish out of water like what you said implies.

Good for Pettis' date=' he beat a mid tier fighter in an exciting fight by SPLIT decision. He's a good fighter but he's not beating any of the top 3.[/quote']

Dude bendo is top 3 right now...(insert bob barker with sad face)wahh wahh wahh waaahhhhh

The judge that gave the fight to Stephens was a freaking idiot. Pettis is also improving with his gameplanning as shown after round 1. There was no damage done to Pettis in round 1 and there wasn't any trouble for Pettis at all after round 1 let alone damage. That being said, he should try to move down to featherweight. He is doing the right thing by getting a wide stance when guys clinch him against the wall but he is just too thin so they pick him up off his feet anyway.

You think they announce that right as it happens? Nope. It's good to see that you apparently had inside information though. PAL.:rolleyes:

Well how bout u wait for the annocment to play they list at what time a fighter was signed and twitter is not blowing up yet

You will see that as of tonight he was not signed

Archived