GoldenAfro called it....

TheSinisterUrge

Give the man props, he was the only person on these forums that I recall predicted that Chael would win by submission, and that is exactly what happened. I think that we all knew, deep down, that Chael would win tonight but most of us believed it would be on the back of a LnP UD victory but good 'ol GoldenAfro called for a submission win and that is what we got.

My hat is off to you sir, and I don't see how he doesn't get a second title shot after tonight, thanks to both his performance and his post fight interview with Joe Rogan. So I guess he only has one more fight for the UFC in his career, where does he go next?

Thank you thank you sir.

People buy into the UFC hype machine way to much. Chael has a submission game' date=' just because he has been submitted before, all by top level submission guys, doesn't mean he is scrub on the ground.[/quote']

His defense once he gets caught is scrub like. He's not so bad at prevention though.

Who has Chael been submitted by that isn't a top level submission fighter?

Doesn't matter. He doesn't know how to technically escape. He never reacts correctly when he gets caught because it's not a part of his arsenal. He just sits there tries to posture and when that doesn't work he taps.

He's still very much still just a wrestler at submission defense. He's gotten a little better at prevention but that's not enough.

It will always be a problem because he is stubborn and doesn't want to learn it for whatever reason...most likely wrestler's pride.

Or he won't seek out good bjj players to correct it.

Doesn't matter. He doesn't know how to technically escape. He never reacts correctly when he gets caught because it's not a part of his arsenal. He just sits there tries to posture and when that doesn't work he taps.

He's still very much still just a wrestler at submission defense. He's gotten a little better at prevention but that's not enough.

I would respect your opinion if we were talking about low level submission guys, but we are talking about high level submission fighters. Chael has a fighting style and a I applaud him for not changing it and still taking his fight to his opponents.

I would respect your opinion if we were talking about low level submission guys' date=' but we are talking about high level submission fighters. Chael has a fighting style and a I applaud him for not changing it and still taking his fight to his opponents.[/quote']

What im saying is his style would be better if he'd learn how to escape correctly. His game is built on prevention which is wrong because you need to be prepared for when you do get caught too.

Look at Bendo as a perfect example. That guy is a wrestler but he knows submission escapes and he does them instantanously and technically correctly.

Sonnen is only mediocre at escaping and often looks like he doesn't know what to do. It doesn't matter if it's a bluebelt or blackbelt. Once's he's got, he's done.

Oh so he's psychic and just like a psychic you throw enough crap out there every once in a while you get a hit.

Im calling blind squirrel found a nut.

Blind-Squirrel-Finds-a-Nut-small.jpg

I am sitting here with tears pouring out of my eyes from laughing so hard!!!!!!!

I dont know what it is but that **** is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What im saying is his style would be better if he'd learn how to escape correctly. His game is built on prevention which is wrong because you need to be prepared for when you do get caught too.

Look at Bendo as a perfect example. That guy is a wrestler but he knows submission escapes and he does them instantanously and technically correctly.

Sonnen is only mediocre at escaping and often looks like he doesn't know what to do.

He has been training with Jake Shields during his time off. He had to learn a few new tricks during that time.

I am sitting here with tears pouring out of my eyes from laughing so hard!!!!!!!

I dont know what it is but that **** is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha yeah it's an old saying. It means sometimes you can be correct just by being lucky.

Kind of like...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He has been training with Jake Shields during his time off. He had to learn a few new tricks during that time.

Yeah i did hear that. We'll see i guess.

Archived