wow bad judging just cost Florian a title

peanutz

he won rounds 1' date='2 and 4 10-9

Aldo won 3 and 5 10-9

Florian got robbed feel bad for him[/quote']

Ehh, Kenny was doing nothing, he came into that fight scared and just wanted to pick at Aldo and win a decision. He's going to regret not going out there with something to prove, he should of atleast died on his shield. He didn't try to set up the takedown much, he was the weaker less physical fighter he needed to set up double leg shots not try to muscle a single leg. There's a lot of fighters in the division who have more to offer Aldo than Kenny.

Kenny may not have been able to inflict any damage whatsoever during the fight but he was successful in avoiding the fight with just a small beating taken and that should score him enough points to win.

Yes I agree Kenny should have won the fight even though he didnt do any damage what so ever,and was hugging Aldo against the cage for half of the fight lol

Kenny just said in a interview that he is changing his nickname after this loss .

From now on he will be Kenny " Ken Forget about ever fighting for a UFC title again" Florian

Got a nice ring to it.

Give him 1 more title fight so people can start calling him the Buffalo Bills of the UFC .

I don't think it was 49-46' date=' I felt Aldo just slightly edged the fight but it was a close fight.[/quote']

Agreed, 49-46 was bad judging. It was a 48-47 fight and probably should have been a split decision win, not unanimous. I personally scored Florian winning rounds 1, 2, and 4 and Aldo definitely winning rounds 3 and 5. But it is what it is, you still have to beat the champ to get the title and I guess Florian just didn't do enough.

I don't think it was 49-46' date=' I felt Aldo just slightly edged the fight but it was a close fight.[/quote']

FFS......how was it close? was exactly did florian do? press him up against the cage and......???

if you score points for a take down, im sure some judges will take into consideration if you stuff a takedown. if that is the case also won the fight simply on stuffing the countless failed takedowns. also won the stand up easily, being a more efficient striker, neither really was dominant in aggression, or octagon control and florian spent awhile on his back.......jebus murphy

Aldo clearly won...Florian was the aggresor but he didn't damage Aldo at all. Aldo damaged Florian.

You could say the same thing about the JDS-Nelson fight, JDS did no cosmetic damage and was cut, but he obviously won. However, I do agree, going into that decision I was pretty sure that Aldo won.

You guys are forgetting the "Octagon Control" portion of the scoring. Florian hemmed Aldo up against the fence and negated his striking advantage for the majority of the fight, Aldo didn't look like Aldo tonight. When Aldo did get his shots in, they definitely looked huge, but not when weighed against how much Florian controlled him for most of the fight.

lol wow theres actually a couple of supportive posts i thought this was a troll thread

kenny accomplished nothing in this fight. he landed no significant strikes....he got a partial throw in the first round which aldo was up from immediately....i think that was the best thing he did all fight. the rest of it was losing the standup and trying for takedowns that he couldnt get

actually no, im wrong. he accomplished something. he managed to make a jose aldo fight boring.

Aldo won 3 and 5 10-9

No No No, He won 1 round the first, second round was all standing and Aldo landed more shots, and the forth all florian did was go for an unsucessfull takedown, that means Aldo won based on grappeling and octagon control. If Florian had been trying to clinch against the cage he could make an argument for winng round 4, but he was having his takedown stuffed while eating the occasional knee.

Judges are getting better at recognising the difference between clinchs against the cage and FAILED takedowns. This was also the case in the Brookins and Koch decision

Florian definitely won Round 1

Round 2 was very close and an argument could be made either way

Aldo definitely won Round 3

Round 4 was somewhat close, & although Aldo probably edged it out, a small argument could be made for Florian.

Aldo definitely won Round 5

So, it's not totally inconceivable that Florian would've gotten a split decision.

I thought this' date=' I was so pissed off when they announced Aldo as the winner I felt like he was robbed!

Im wasted right now so I dont know wether its the alcohol talking or wether what I seen was really Florian getting robbed.[/quote']

Watch it Sober and with an unbiased mind. Ken Flo didn't even come close to winning that fight.

I thought it was close, but all I cared about was Jose getting the decision, because I can't stand Florian, and now I can't stand him even more because he Georges Safe Pierre'd the whole fight...

Jose is not a dominant champion, that's been established, but I don't care. Florian has another L on his record, and that's just fine with me.

Aldo won 3 and 5 10-9

You apparently have NO clue how to score a fight.

Florian won round 1, that's it. Otherwise the striking was mostly even and Aldo had more dominant positions than Florian. Open your eyes and wipe the bias from them.

+1

Aldo won rd 3;4;5

I thought aldo won 2, 3, and 5I for sure... and 4 I would have given him to but I could see giving it to florian depending and how u call fights. I think florian needed a better game plan.. if u are gonna hold him against the cage you need to do damage or score a take down... kenny did neither. It was like his bj fight all over.. except aldo couldn't put florian on the ground

You guys are forgetting the "Octagon Control" portion of the scoring. Florian hemmed Aldo up against the fence and negated his striking advantage for the majority of the fight' date=' Aldo didn't look like Aldo tonight. When Aldo did get his shots in, they definitely looked huge, but not when weighed against how much Florian controlled him for most of the fight.[/quote']

octagon control is just fancy for wall n stall in Florian's case

He tried the same thing with BJ, the 'brutal finisher' plays it safe in his title shots

I thought it was close' date=' but all I cared about was Jose getting the decision, because I can't stand Florian, and now I can't stand him even more because he [b']Georges Safe Pierre'd the whole fight...[/b]

Jose is not a dominant champion, that's been established, but I don't care. Florian has another L on his record, and that's just fine with me.

lol he was clearly trying to "Couture" his way to a decision

Agreed' date=' 49-46 was bad judging. It was a 48-47 fight and probably should have been a split decision win, not unanimous. I personally scored Florian winning rounds 1, 2, and 4 and Aldo definitely winning rounds 3 and 5. But it is what it is, you still have to beat the champ to get the title and I guess Florian just didn't do enough.[/quote']

I agree with this ^

I had Aldo winning 3 rounds to 2. I definitely disagree with all the judges that only gave Kenny one round but I still thought that Aldo barely won. Definitely thought it was closer than the judges made it seem like though. Kenny definitely made Aldo look worse than he ever has in a fight before.

Archived